Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 07:12   #676
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

No comments on Messi's second goal? surprised!!!
One of the best goals in Europe, I have watched so far.

Mou would not have Pepe, Sergio Ramos in return leg. Mou surely can defend a lead but winning with 2 goals margin against Barca is not going to happen.
Old 29th April 2011, 10:42   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
As somebody on the net wrote,
Barca were 75 Mins Messy, and 15 mins Messi!
Old 29th April 2011, 13:53   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post

Mou would not have Pepe, Sergio Ramos in return leg. Mou surely can defend a lead but winning with 2 goals margin against Barca is not going to happen.
The match was so ugly that we forgot to discuss the goals by Messi. According to me Pepe getting red card was the turning point of the match. In my opinion it was a yellow card but Barca'a players award winning acting made it a red. This was until I came across this video:

I do not know if this video has been edited or not but if this is true then shame on Barca!
Old 29th April 2011, 14:29   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
The match was so ugly that we forgot to discuss the goals by Messi. According to me Pepe getting red card was the turning point of the match. In my opinion it was a yellow card but Barca'a players award winning acting made it a red. This was until I came across this video:YouTube - Pepe Expulsion Entrada Alves Real Madrid Barcelona Semifinal Champions Stark

I do not know if this video has been edited or not but if this is true then shame on Barca!
Real Madrid have posted this video on their official website for everyone to see
It is not edited. Proper tv feed.
Old 29th April 2011, 17:01   #680
BHPian

I checked out Real Madrid's website. Here is the video guys : Real Madrid C.F. - Official Web Site - Television images show that Pepe did not touch Alves' leg

It is really sad that due to some Barca players the reputation of the entire team is getting tarnished. The Real Madrid and Barcelona camps both face UEFA disciplinary hearings after their fiery encounter. Let us see what happens.

As far as this weekend's football is concerned we have two big matches coming up.
Chelsea vs Tottenhem Hotspur
Arsenal vs Manchester United.
Old 29th April 2011, 23:41   #681
BHPian

Well, Barcelona deserved the match. Real Madrid also played dirty, Di Maria, Ramos, Arbeloa were really sickening it out. Barcelona had the upper hand with a 77-23 possession. Acting is a part of the game (agree Dani Alves exaggerated his fall), but the game is played mentally rather physically these days.

Barcelona - Man U (Wembely, May 28th) almost confirmed.

Quote:

Chelsea vs Tottenhem Hotspur
Arsenal vs Manchester United.
Prediction
Chelsea vs Tottenhem Hotspur : 2-1

Arsenal vs Manchester United. : 0-2
Old 30th April 2011, 10:13   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
Barcelona - Man U(Wembely, May 28th) almost confirmed.
The term "ManU" is an insult to the dead Duncan Edwards. So all football fans and supporters from all clubs, make it a point not to use that term. Please refer to the team as "Man Utd", "United", "Man United" or simply "Manchester United".
We even petitioned to ESPN, Sony Pix, TEN Action+ and all channels telecasting live games, to change the name on the scoreboard to "MU" or "MUFC" or "MAN".

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
The Football Thread-app_full_proxy-1.jpeg  

Old 30th April 2011, 11:02   #683
BHPian

A lot of has been said about Barcelona using cheap tactics to get what they want. Following was a video shared by one of my friends:

Now many clips shown are just examples of bad referring and nothing woring about Barcelona doing them as every team does it. But the kind of acting they do on the field especially the rolling thing- its simply disgusting.
Old 1st May 2011, 11:16   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post

Prediction
Chelsea vs Tottenhem Hotspur : 2-1

Arsenal vs Manchester United. : 0-2
Well one prediction of yours has come true. Chelsea somehow keep their title hopes alive. First Cheslea goal was controversial. Gomez again proving that he is prone to making silly mistakes. The second goal was a little offside but still not a wrong decision like the first goal. In my opinion Chelsea deserved to win. They were the better team - with a better passing game and with more intent. Tottenhem I think have given too much importance to CHampions League and in the process have lost the 4th place I think to Manchester City.

In other news both Real Madrid and Barcelona lost their La-Liga matches. The scores were -

Real Madrid 2-3 Real Zaragoza
Real Sociedad 2-1 Barcelona
Old 1st May 2011, 13:09   #685
BHPian

Quote:
. In my opinion Chelsea deserved to win. They were the better team
I completely disagree. The wrongly given first goal completely changed the game for spurs. Till then, they defended quite well, and looked a threat on counter attacks. Once it was all square at half time, they had to change their game too, but still managed to hang on. and then comes the off side goal. How lucky can chelsea get!
Spurs atleast deserved a point, considering that chelsea were denied a probable penalty when malouda was brought down in the box.

I would say It was Linesman 2-1 Spurs
Old 1st May 2011, 13:30   #686
BHPian

Let the FA scumbags try and influence the title race by all means fair and foul! To take inspiration from the ill-fated Kevin Keegan rant from 95-96: I'd love it if we beat them; absolutely love it! I'd love it if we won the title by beating both Arsenal and Chelsea and put a spanner in the FA's works. GGMU!
Old 1st May 2011, 14:22   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Let the FA scumbags try and influence the title race by all means fair and foul! To take inspiration from the ill-fated Kevin Keegan rant from 95-96: I'd love it if we beat them; absolutely love it! I'd love it if we won the title by beating both Arsenal and Chelsea and put a spanner in the FA's works. GGMU!
Absolutely!
I really hope we beat both of them and shut the FA up!
Really unfortunate that a similar thing cant be done in the FA cup, which the FA cost us[True to the name of the cup]
Old 2nd May 2011, 00:26   #688
BHPian

After going receiving a lot of criticism this season, this is the best way they could have ended their season. Arsenal might not win the league but they provided their fans a much needed win. What a great performance. Absolutely clinical and perfect. ManUtd were very defensive in the first half except for some counter-attacks. I think it was their game plan to attack us by counter-attacks ( which usually works by the way),but not this time. Our defence was pretty good.

I do not want to talk about referee desicions today because all I care about is the result which according to me was well deserved. I would like to see more such perforamce from Rambo! Initially I was worried when I did not see Fabregas in the starting eleven but they way he played was wonderful. Wilshere, Nasri, Song and Rambo were damn good today.
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:18   #689
BHPian

Finally a win for Arsenal, that too against United. A best possible way to end the points drought.
Arsenal may not win this season but good to peg one back from united

Quote:
Wilshere, Nasri, Song and Rambo were damn good today.
Saanil, You missed Szczesny. He started his EPL career against United this season and what a difference he made yesterday. Clearly you can see the difference. Arsenal atleast got one promising keeper developing in the ranks. Jens Lehmann could help this guy mature real fast.

What this result did, is a great favor to Chelsea. Now they are 3 points adrift United and still to play United. A title decider it could be.
How tide changes fast... last month, everyone was thinking Gunners-United tie could decide the winner but now, its Chelsea-United. Hoping for a good match without any influence from referee for both sides

Last edited by nfsfreak : 2nd May 2011 at 14:26.
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:26   #690
BHPian

Though Chelsea have been given a good chance by Arsenal I do not think Chelsea will win this year's title. If Manutd win against Chelsea the title is theirs for sure. If they lose Chelsea will be ahead on goal difference only. Chelsea will have to win their remaining fixtures and that too with a healthy goal difference. Even a draw will be good for Manutd.

I think SAF might play Giggs and scholes for the Champions league tie and might bring on Rooney as a sub.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks