Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Aye! So whats up for the Scousers - 20 years and waiting! lol

Am just waiting for the next set of comments from Monsieur Rafa
Next set of facts you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
ManU have time and again failed with the 4-3-3 formation. moreover it denies them an additional striker and you cant count out berbatov or tevez in a final.

It should be an intriguing match as both team are know for their attacking potential. i think instead of trying to contain the opposition ManU should look at playing their own game, that will give them the title.
Well, they demolished Arsenal with the same combination. It has worked for them. Besides I think this would be a very good combination considering the absence of Abidal and Alvez (full backs). Am sure Evra and Rooney will give a tough time to whoever is left back for Barca
Old 27th May 2009, 16:15   #482
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Coverage starts at 11:30 PM on Ten Sports. The match begins at 12:15 AM. Also, Zee Sports might also be showing it since they have a tie-up with Ten Sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
1215 am tonite on TEN sports
Awesome guys thanks a lot. Cant miss this one.

Go Barca Go.
Old 27th May 2009, 16:44   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Go Barca Go.
A man after me own heart, I must say
Old 28th May 2009, 09:18   #484
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Barca convincingly crushed the english champs. What a display by the Barca midfield. For the first time I saw Iniesta live and he was breathtaking. Never knew the little fella could be so dominant.

United never really recovered after the first goal. It was quite uncharacteristic of them to not offer a fight. It's a shame to bid goodbye to the season after having won the league.

To me the battle was won in the midfield. Looking forward to next season.

Why is it that no team has won the CL title back to back after 1992 (when the CL was formed) ?
Old 28th May 2009, 11:09   #485
BHPian

Well done, Barca. Surprisingly, the defence, although it got stretched at times, held up. The fluidity in passing that is so characteristic of Barca came to the fore after the first goal, and MU were left running around without the ball. Great going, and completes a great season for Spain after their Euro triumph. Pep Guardiola must be the toast of the country right now
Old 28th May 2009, 11:33   #486
BANNED

Quote:
A man after me own heart, I must say
YEAH!!! Go Barca Go... Ok they did

Quote:
Surprisingly, the defence, although it got stretched at times, held up.
Defense what defense...lol.
Old 11th June 2009, 17:04   #487
Senior - BHPian

Christiano Ronaldo is off to Real Madrid. Damn - in my books it's not the brightest of decisions.

Ronaldo on his way to Real | espnstar.com
Old 11th June 2009, 17:09   #488
JVH
Senior - BHPian

On the other hand, I'm actually delighted for ManU. Over the last 2 years he was getting increasingly influential not to the likes of Keane or Cantona but to the likes of Henry for Arsenal.

Lot of players knowingly/unknowingly depended on him to carve out some of his skills and produce something.

With that kind of a budget, Utd will now be very busy in the market for his replacement(s)
Old 11th June 2009, 18:47   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Christiano Ronaldo is off to Real Madrid. Damn - in my books it's not the brightest of decisions.

I actually think it is a wise decision, atleast for Manchester United. Afterall, Ronaldo has been throwing too many tantrums lately and his comment about Real Madrid being a 'step forward' just put me off miserably.

GBP 80 million, a world record fee, would do good to bring new talent and nurture likes of Tosic and Anderson to the levels that Ronaldo reached last year.

It also goes on to prove that at Old Trafford, No One and absolutely no one is larger than the club and its mentors.

I just hope with the additional cash, Fergie makes genuine efforts to keep Tevez, IMO he has the heart of red devil.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:38   #490
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
It also goes on to prove that at Old Trafford, No One and absolutely no one is larger than the club and its mentors.
I realized that when Beckham departed, again to Real Madrid. He had suddenly grown too large for the club's good. However, he never shone later, the way he did while at Manchester.

Quote:
I just hope with the additional cash, Fergie makes genuine efforts to keep Tevez, IMO he has the heart of red devil.
Rightly said. If there is one player at the moment whose passion for the club cannot be questioned, Tevez comes to my mind foremost.
Old 12th June 2009, 10:34   #491
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I realized that when Beckham departed, again to Real Madrid. He had suddenly grown too large for the club's good. However, he never shone later, the way he did while at Manchester.

Beckham was kicked out and so was Jaap Stam. Even Roy Keane was not spared. The reason as mentioned was the case of player becoming bigger than the club.

Here the scenario is different. Ronaldo had consistently expressed interest in moving to Madrid for the last 2 years. Fergie extracted the most out of him in winning the league titles and Champions league. Now that he is getting a superb deal he must have thought why not - I've equalled Liverpool's 18 titles, I'm getting a good offer and the boy himself is interested in the move. An excellent decision according to me.

This is where ManUtd and Ferguson face the biggest challenge. Almost always players have been kicked out, no one has left them willingly. We are in for an interesting time in the transfer market.
Old 12th June 2009, 10:40   #492
BANNED

Goa meets Bengal in the Final of the National Championship. Should be an interesting duel.
Old 12th June 2009, 11:07   #493
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Now with both Kaka and Ronaldo to Bernabeu, lets hope they do better with them next season!!!
Old 12th June 2009, 21:04   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Here the scenario is different. Ronaldo had consistently expressed interest in moving to Madrid for the last 2 years. Fergie extracted the most out of him in winning the league titles and Champions league.
Maybe Fergie just couldn't find a potential replacement in summer of 2008. I mean, with the arrogance and tantrums thrown by Ronaldo... he had to go some time or the other and Real offer was too tempting.

IMO, Fergie must have thought, ' Well, I gotta offload him sometime for the sake of the club and its integrity, might as well make some money from it !!!'

And any Football pundit would agree that this deal has left fergie in a WIN-WIN situation. 80 mil is a lot of money to find another winger and maybe few other world class players and also in the mean time, sign Tevez to a permanent deal.
Old 13th June 2009, 04:32   #495
BHPian

80 million quid for Ronny!

For that kind of money, I will personally drive him down to Santiago Bernabeu and pick up the cheque!

PS: I am grateful for his contribution to the United cause over the last six years and wish him well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks