Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2008, 10:57   #361
BHPian

Brilliant game, although I wanted Barca to win.
Giving scholes so much space in that area is criminal.
And expecting him to NOT pull the trigger is wishful thinking.
Class goal from a class player.

By the way, C Ronaldo was running Zambrotta ragged and Messi was running everyone ragged in the ManU defence. Atleast Messi doesn't do nakhras like CR.
Yaya Toure impresssed with his robust display as a defensive midfielder.

All in all, a great european night. Looking forward to the game tonight.
Old 30th April 2008, 11:19   #362
Senior - BHPian

Was an interesting match, Man Utd converted their sole chance to goal, while Barca messed up all their chances, wish there was a good striker to accompany the skillful Messi!
Old 30th April 2008, 11:33   #363
Senior - BHPian

Well what a game. United played really well and held on to their nerves. Barca was good in the first half but didnt do much in the second. Deco was bad.
Old 30th April 2008, 11:40   #364
BHPian

Messi was the standout performer for Barca. Everytime he got the ball, he ran the Utd defence ragged.

Scholes! What a strike! but thats not new for him. He has done that all his career.

The back four for Utd were good. not the same for Barca. they seemed jittery all night with Puyol not in complete control.

Nani squandered quite a few chances, but he will get better with time. He is the Cristiano Ronaldo of yesteryears. Fergie will make sure Nani develops well under his tutelage.

Tonight's match will be good fun as well. Chelsea are favorites to go through. But that man Benitez stands in their way! He has mastered the art of Champions League football.

Chelsea v Manu in Moscow is not a distant possibility . Good chance for ManU to exact revenge of their recent loss to Chelsea.
Old 30th April 2008, 14:53   #365
BHPian

Predictions for the Liverpool v Chelsea clash tonight, anyone? My money on Liverpool. I think they will score one and shut the door for Chelsea.
Old 30th April 2008, 14:58   #366
Team-BHP Support

Tonite, i want Liverpool to win.
Old 30th April 2008, 15:05   #367
Senior - BHPian

I want the Reds to win!

Is it the same time (12.15AM) ?, if so I will bunk, I was sleeping in the 2nd half y'day....

Last edited by finneyp : 30th April 2008 at 15:14.
Old 30th April 2008, 15:13   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Predictions for the Liverpool v Chelsea clash tonight, anyone? My money on Liverpool. I think they will score one and shut the door for Chelsea.
My bet is on Chelsea to win tonight. I heard they have not lost a game on home turf since 2006 in any kind of competition.
Old 30th April 2008, 15:16   #369
Senior - BHPian

Messi was mesmerising yesterday. And Scholes had his moment of glory. Was an action packed game but I went to sleep at half time and when I woke up - I was watching some other sport

Today - it has to be the Reds. Go Liver pool Go.
Old 30th April 2008, 15:47   #370
BANNED

Chelsea might just be the suprise for tonight.
Old 30th April 2008, 15:47   #371
BHPian

Heart says Liverpool. Atleast they have a true midfield maestro that Barca sorely lacked yesterday-Steven Gerrard. He has the ability to shine when chips are down.

How I still crib the way he turned around '05 final against my other fav team- AC Milan
Old 30th April 2008, 16:31   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I want the Reds to win!

Is it the same time (12.15AM) ?, if so I will bunk, I was sleeping in the 2nd half y'day....
Yes, same time. Do not rule out the possibility of a marathon match if it goes into extra time and penalties. You will end up sleeping at 3:30 am
Old 2nd May 2008, 01:01   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Yes, same time. Do not rule out the possibility of a marathon match if it goes into extra time and penalties. You will end up sleeping at 3:30 am
Thats exactly what happened. I was watching the match hoping for a 90-minute finish, but how can that happen? On top of it, I had to leave for Mathura with family around 3 AM. Had to beg them all to at least let me watch the finale.

Imagine my Dad's plight, when he got up at 2 AM to get ready and sees me watching the match. I drove 3 hours with bloodshot eyes and then fell asleep at the hotel. Missed the entire tour, just managed to go to the main temple before leaving for Delhi. But then Football is the only religion I know of!

Before we get to the final, there is a small matter of winning two Premiership games. Then, we can go and kick out Chelsky once more. cheers:
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:07   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Thats exactly what happened. I was watching the match hoping for a 90-minute finish, but how can that happen? On top of it, I had to leave for Mathura with family around 3 AM. Had to beg them all to at least let me watch the finale.

Imagine my Dad's plight, when he got up at 2 AM to get ready and sees me watching the match. I drove 3 hours with bloodshot eyes and then fell asleep at the hotel. Missed the entire tour, just managed to go to the main temple before leaving for Delhi. But then Football is the only religion I know of!

Before we get to the final, there is a small matter of winning two Premiership games. Then, we can go and kick out Chelsky once more. cheers:
I am pretty sure the double is coming to Old Trafford. Chelsky will rue the fact that they bumped into Utd on both fronts . Tough luck Avram Grump
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:06   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Had to beg them all to at least let me watch the finale.
You never regretted the decision for sure. A great match it was.

Quote:
Before we get to the final, there is a small matter of winning two Premiership games. Then, we can go and kick out Chelsky once more.
Once more?? You mean get kicked by Chelsea. Hope the final turns out entertaining-typically finals are boring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks