Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 23:17   #271
BHPian

This weekend will go a long way in deciding the title race.

Glory, Glory Man Utd!!
Old 20th March 2008, 23:43   #272
BHPian

I am looking forward to a bumper Sunday. Arsenal v Chelsea, going to be tough to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea are wounded after their 4-4 draw against the Spurs. Man Utd face a tricky tie with Liverpool at Old Trafford. However, on current form Utd should see through Liverpool. I predict a 2-1 win for Man Utd. And 1-0 to Chelsea against Arsenal. A draw at the Bridge would be a great result for Utd (if they win against Liverpool).

Have a great weekend.
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:44   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
I predict a 2-1 win for Man Utd.
3-0 to Man U with 5 minutes to go. Made my Sunday. The 3rd goal by Nani was a RIPPPERRR.

Now waiting for the Arsenal v/s Chelsea tie now. Go Chelsea Go.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 23rd March 2008 at 20:46.
Old 24th March 2008, 00:23   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Go Chelsea Go.
Chelsea have made your monday! Fine fight back from them. This result opens up the table, with 3 teams gunning for glory. ManU play away at Chelsea and Arsenal at home...its not over yet. Boy, is this season heading for a grand finale or what..
Old 24th March 2008, 08:45   #275
BHPian

yes, for sure. The neutrals are in for a treat. whereas the supporters would be biting their nails till the final day of the season . I am loving it. I still reckon Man Utd have a bit more than Arsenal and Chelsea. They will be eventual winners.
Old 7th April 2008, 01:43   #276
Senior - BHPian

Just when you think ManU are about to steam roll Chelsea and Arsenal to EPL glory, they draw with Boro!!

Considering that they host Arsenal next and have 2 tricky away games against Blackburn and Chelsea, it is by no means a cake walk. Arsenal look pretty much out of it after yet another draw against Liverpool.

As for the Champions League, my bets are on Liverpool to go through. Arsenal looked listless at the Emirates. Anfield will be torture for them.

I am already licking my lips for that possible ManU vs Barca semifinal!!
Old 7th April 2008, 08:45   #277
BHPian

Yes, to be fair to Man Utd, they pulled back nicely after a disaster show in the defence. They are still more than a handful when it comes to attack. Park Ji Sung was brilliant last evening against Boro.

My money still on Man Utd to do the double of the Premiership and the Champions League!
Old 7th April 2008, 10:43   #278
Senior - BHPian

Man U took it pretty easy yesterday againdt Boro and almost paid the price. Arsenal suddenly seem to have drained out while Chelsea plays catch up.

I am waiting to see Chelsea's return match in the Champions League. They will have to go all out - should see some good attacking soccer.
Old 7th April 2008, 10:55   #279
BHPian

I don't think they took it easy. Boro is one of teams that have always caused problems to Man Utd. Add Man City and Portsmouth to that list. Boro, on their day are a very capable side, but sadly they have only one-off performances like the one yesterday to boast of!

Vidic was missed badly and with Ferdinand limping out in the second-half does not augur well for Utd with just a month to go in the season. Hopefully, both should be back for the Roma match at Old Trafford and all speculation will be put to rest.
Old 7th April 2008, 18:10   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
I don't think they took it easy. Boro is one of teams that have always caused problems to Man Utd. Add Man City and Portsmouth to that list. Boro, on their day are a very capable side, but sadly they have only one-off performances like the one yesterday to boast of!

Vidic was missed badly and with Ferdinand limping out in the second-half does not augur well for Utd with just a month to go in the season. Hopefully, both should be back for the Roma match at Old Trafford and all speculation will be put to rest.
Bang on wanderlustindia. The latest bad news (speculation) is that both Rio and Vida are going to miss the Roma match and even the one against Arsenal next weekend. Vidic will surely miss both though. Rio is fighting to be fit.

I think Fergie should have started with Pique in the center of defence rather than patch it up between O'Shea and Wes. Anyways, we are in the habit of making things interesting when we should be wrapping them up. But, thats Man U for you, you are promised to have your heart in your mouth always. Its going to be a rocking finale to the season.

Go, ManU Go!
Old 7th April 2008, 18:16   #281
BHPian

Yes, and its the Premiership, one of the toughest leagues in the world. One should not expect man u to wrap up the title so easily. Chelsea and Arsenal are still in with a chance. but like i mentioned in an earlier, Man U have that extra bit and they will bag the title with a match or two to spare.

The return leg of the Champions League against Roma is not going to be easy if Ferdinand and Vidic are out with injury. Pique is a capable defender, but he will find it to hard to form a partnership with O'Shea or Wes Brown and get going from the word go! There will be heart stopping moments in that game, but Utd should wrap it up in the end with the two away goals in their bag already.
Old 9th April 2008, 02:22   #282
Senior - BHPian

Liverpool v/s Chelsea in the Champions League semis.

Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-2 and what a match !! Fast, furious and absolutely entertaining. Except for the initial 20-25 mins, Arsenal were overshadowed by Liverpool. The penalty decision against Arsenal was a debatable one.

Chelsea win 2-0 with Ballack at last showing some form.
Old 9th April 2008, 08:35   #283
BHPian

Great result for Liverpool. They have mastered the Champions League under Rafa. Sadly, they have been found wanting in the domestic circuit.

Looking forward to tonight's match between Utd and Roma. Should be a cracker. I expect Man U to go through and meet Barca (assuming they are through as well) in the semis. Another mouth-watering prospect
Old 9th April 2008, 13:54   #284
Senior - BHPian

What a thrilling contest! The last of the Liverpool Arsenal trilogy did not disappoint. Torres looked to have sealed it, then Walcott with that amazing across-the-pitch run for an Adebayor finish. Then the unfortunate penalty and Babel adding one more. Great stuff.

Chelsea returned another solid performance against Fenerbache. Both ManU and Chelsea must believe that they can do the double. Both have the quality & bench strength to go the distance.
Old 9th April 2008, 22:55   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Both ManU and Chelsea must believe that they can do the double. Both have the quality & bench strength to go the distance.
Well, pardon me for thinking too far ahead, but like a true Utd fan, I am going to wish that we meet the scousers in the final and beat the cr** out of them. Wouldn't that be a story; winning the biggest prize in the world at the club level beating your bitter rivals. I'm dreaming already.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks