Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 11:03   #346
BHPian

Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, Hart (Lethal left leg), Dacourt all of them were really young and started their careers with Leeds united, Its a pity to see where Leeds is now.

I was fearing the same for Newcastle Utd., but somehow I feel the worst is behind them. Such a talented side but nothing to show except ofcourse Martins backflips after he scores.

Wanderlust - Who are you supporting in Euro 2008 ?
Old 29th April 2008, 12:52   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
Wanderlust - Who are you supporting in Euro 2008 ?
Thats a difficult question to answer, mate . I fancy Czech Republic (I think they have qualified, correct me if I am wrong, pls) and Germany to be front runners this time around. The Dutch are good, but have failed at the big stage, eternal chokers! Portugal should have a good run as well with Ronaldo in peak form. Lets see. For now I am a neutral

It will be a spectacle for sure
Old 29th April 2008, 12:53   #348
BHPian

BTW, is the Manu-Barca match tonight or tomorrow night? Anyone, pls confirm. Can't afford to miss this one. Should be an open game with both sides going for broke!
Old 29th April 2008, 12:59   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
The Manu- Barca match tonight or tomorrow night? Anyone, pls confirm.
Tonight. Looks like will have to skip work tomorrow.
I reckon its gonna be a 1 goal game.
I am backing Barca though.
Old 29th April 2008, 13:50   #350
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, is the Manu-Barca match tonight or tomorrow night? Anyone, pls confirm. Can't afford to miss this one. Should be an open game with both sides going for broke!
Man Utd vs Barcelona Wednesday, Apr-30 at 12:15 IST that is tonight
Old 29th April 2008, 14:09   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Man Utd vs Barcelona Wednesday, Apr-30 at 12:15 IST that is tonight
Thanks Maibaa. what is your take on this match?
Old 29th April 2008, 14:50   #352
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that the Euro discussion has started, about time too with the club season coming to an end soon. For me it is Italy, been a loyal tifosi since..Italia '90, no prices for guessing that. It is a shame that England has not qualified. Time may be slipping for some of their players to add a Euro cup to their trophy collection.

As for tonights game, Barca will be looking to salvage what is left of their season. Although I would love Barca to win, all United need is to find the net once and keep it tight at home. Barca should look to start with Henry as he is a big match player and has delivered before in Old Trafford.
Old 29th April 2008, 14:58   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Maibaa. what is your take on this match?
Not really supporting any team here. Looking forward to an entertaining game and eager to see how Henry takes on the Red Devils.

I guess Man Utd will win at Old Trafford.

Last edited by Maibaa : 29th April 2008 at 15:01.
Old 29th April 2008, 15:13   #354
Senior - BHPian

Well i am supporting barca today. Hoping for a good match on the cards and according to my knowledge united will be very powerful today but you never know. Go barca.
Old 29th April 2008, 15:14   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Not really supporting any team here. Looking forward to an entertaining game and eager to see how Henry takes on the Red Devils.

I guess Man Utd will win at Old Trafford.
Thats an interesting point. Henry has always done well against Man Utd during his time with Arsenal. Infact, he looked the most likely to score at the Nou Camp, inspite of making an appearance as a sub.

Both teams have lost their weekend domestic matches. Remains to be seen who bounces back better. Good luck Utd
Old 29th April 2008, 16:59   #356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
For me it is Italy, been a loyal tifosi since..Italia '90, no prices for guessing that.
Another Italian fan here. Some citicize them as being too defensive, but maybe thats the way i like it myself. Counter attacks is where the magic and element of surprise lies!

Man Utd better win this one. I was shocked following the defeat to Chelsea. I hope there is no repeat of the same with Barca.
Old 29th April 2008, 19:26   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Another Italian fan here. Some citicize them as being too defensive, but maybe thats the way i like it myself. Counter attacks is where the magic and element of surprise lies!
Italy were fantastic in the WC'06. I'd single out Andrea Pirlo for a stupendous tournament back then. He was the chief playmaker for Italy and did his job to perfection. Lets see how well they perform now.
Old 30th April 2008, 02:17   #358
BHPian

Utd go through 1-0, courtesy the Ginger-head. What a game? I can't sleep now. Have been through so much. I'm off work tomorrow. Trying to think of an excuse to give to the boss.

Oh! do I hear the Scholsey out calls now?
Old 30th April 2008, 10:33   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Utd go through 1-0, courtesy the Ginger-head. What a game?
True poacher's goal that was-top quality!. Otherwise the game was boring. Barca was so disappointing with arial game (I can't type bxxx). Let's see which midfield maestro they bring for next season.
Old 30th April 2008, 10:42   #360
Team-BHP Support

A job well done for United. They pounced on the chance which came their way, and held on to the most slender of leads, knowing very well that even an equalizer from Barca would mean the end for them. It was unfortunate that they werent rewarded with another goal for all their efforts in front of goal, but i would put that blame square on Nani.

Van Der Sar had a good game overall, although two knocks on the head courtesy Brown would be something he would rather not have had.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks