Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 13:43   #421
Senior - BHPian

Suman, give it a try now. I have again reset the poll.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:47   #422
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mate, working fine now!
Old 13th May 2008, 18:31   #423
BHPian

United to win!!

I see this final being a tale of two extremes. The first half would most likely be a cagey affair with both teams waiting for each other to show their cards. The second half could be more open once they realize that time is running out. But it could all change if an early goal gets in.

I have this feeling that Utd are going to nick it 2-1. Utd to go 2-0 up and then Chelsea to come back and make it interesting for the last few minutes.

Well anyways, just to spice it up.. Here's a pic thats serving as my desktop these days. Hope to change it in 8 days time with a different trophy in it..
Attached Thumbnails
The Football Thread-picsrv_manutd_com.jpg  

Old 14th May 2008, 11:14   #424
Senior - BHPian

Well am rooting for chelsea this time around. Guess one cup a year is good enuf for Man U! Lol
Well new rumours spreading is that fernando torrez has been approached by chelsea for 40 mn! But liverpool is not interest in the deal. So lets see what are the big transfers this time around.
Old 16th May 2008, 12:21   #425
BHPian

Second-half strikes from Igor Denisov and Konstantin Zyrianov gave FC Zenit St. Petersburg their maiden European title against Rangers FC in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup final, Russia's second triumph in four years. - UEFA.com

Zenit are UEFA cup champions, the thrashing that they gave Bayern wasn't a flash in the pan. With Dick (Advocaat) at the helm, the russian club should go places.
Old 16th May 2008, 13:50   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
Second-half strikes from Igor Denisov and Konstantin Zyrianov gave FC Zenit St. Petersburg their maiden European title against Rangers FC in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup final, Russia's second triumph in four years. - UEFA.com

Zenit are UEFA cup champions, the thrashing that they gave Bayern wasn't a flash in the pan. With Dick (Advocaat) at the helm, the russian club should go places.
Zenit played a marvellous game against Rangers. That bloke, Arshavin was magnificent. Zenit were the best team in this year's cup and fully deserved to win it. As Dick Advocaat himself admitted, keeping hold of some crucial players will be very tough with the whole of Europe eyeing them now.
Old 21st May 2008, 08:56   #427
BHPian

Well, finally D-day has arrived for Chelsea and Man Utd. Like always, I am banking on Utd to knock off their challengers. If United score the first goal, they will have to score another to avoid the danger of letting Chelsea dominate them and equalise. If Chelsea score the first, they will sit back and soak up the pressure.

2-1 in favor of Man Utd. Glory, Glory Man Utd!
Old 21st May 2008, 10:05   #428
BHPian

I m looking forward to Ronaldo to score a brace as he has done tat already 11 times this season...

ManU to win 2 -0

P.S : Heard from news that Pitch Condition is average.This may affect our fluent play.
Old 21st May 2008, 21:03   #429
BHPian

Match time guys! So who all are prepared to go to work tomorrow deprived of sleep? I remember 1999, had just finished my second year and was preparing for CS Inter exams. I made such a ruckus when Ole put the ball in the net that my Dad who was sleeping on the floor above , came down running to check if all was fine.

Glory, Glory Man Utd!
Old 21st May 2008, 21:18   #430
Senior - BHPian

Yay. Go Man-U Go. Me waiting for this tonight.
Old 22nd May 2008, 01:08   #431
BHPian

crap, tevez wasted two golden opportunities in the first half, half time score, 1-1! Let's see where this goes..
Old 22nd May 2008, 03:08   #432
BHPian

Man Utd for the glory, they won in the penalties..

Ronaldo's was saved by cech
Terry missed and Anelka's was saved. Awesome!
Old 22nd May 2008, 03:57   #433
BHPian

We've Got Our Trophy Back

What a game! I can't believe it yet.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!! cheers:

If ever there was God, he was in Moscow tonight. It was pure divine intervention that Terry slipped and put his penalty inches wide to hit the post.

United dominated Chelsea in the first half and should have finished it off but for a lucky break in the dying moments for Chelsea. Chelsea had their moments in the second half, United rode their luck, but Giggs missed the best chance of the night in the first period of extra time. Oh boy, I had a stinking feeling for Ronaldo when he stopped midway in his run. Sure enough, it was longer than his usual skip and he missed. It would have been a travesty had Ronaldo's miss cost his team the cup.

Justice has been done at last. I am drained. I don't know if I can sleep tonight.
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:26   #434
Team-BHP Support

Wonderful! Man utd are the champs. The double dream has finally been acheived. Kudos to Sir Alex and his team of fighters.

While i certainly dont enjoy the thought that we won on penalties, it doesnt take away the joy of lifting the cup.

Ronaldo finally did score when it mattered and although his penalty was saved, he was really a livewire on the left flank.
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:57   #435
BHPian

I was praying it does not go into penalties. But eventually it did. WHat a match! Fitting for a finale. Glory Man Utd! They have done the double on Chelsea Although, I was sorry to see Terry inconsolable after the match. I liked the part when a guard of honor was presented to the Chelsea team by Utd.

Drogba's last match perhaps, marred by a red card for him. Not the best of exits for the great striker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks