Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 22:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Aarrgh - Czechs out .. im feeling low now...the Italians played trash and won..what a bunch of negative tactics..these guys are too defensive maan.

Ghana - what a revelation......played divine and the USA played brilliant too ...but just cudnt get the goal they wanted....so Ghana play Brazil....anyone betting on Ghana ?
Old 22nd June 2006, 23:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Yep, feel sorry for Czecks, though they played quite well with thier attacking strategy, were unlucky not to score any goals.
Italy as usual playing defensive and were lucky to score the goal in first half.
Old 23rd June 2006, 01:10   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Who in heaven's name voted for Netherlands???
Old 23rd June 2006, 09:46   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Who in heaven's name voted for Netherlands???
Hey, Why such a shocked expression .... I wud have voted for them as well but sadly one can only vote for one team so my first vote went to Argentina ... !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
so Ghana play Brazil....anyone betting on Ghana ?
Deep down I really hope that Ghana can pull of the unthinkable !!!! Wat fun that wud be ....

And did you guys watch the Aussie vs Croatia -- another gud match . Sadly Croatia didnt look anything like the Euro Champs they once were !! Well Played Australia ..

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

I hope Ghana do it too......they have the pace to hurt the Brazilians...did u notice in the USA matc ...even in the 89th minute , those Ghana players were running as if they had just entered the field.....

And it was a masterclass lesson for the Japs....Ronaldo's 2nd goal was a beauty..finally the Samba starts showing of life......

And the Aussies - you just have to love them for their never say die spirit & aggresive intent...GO AUSSIE GO.....I would love it if they put it across the defensive , cocky , irritating Italians....

Looking at the way..the 2 nd round draw has panned out ...a Brazil vs Argentina final is very much on....the Argentines must get past the Germans in the Quarters..........Spain looks a threat for the Brazilians in the semis though.......

Today - I would love to see the Koreans & Swiss qualify...the aging , pathetic playing French dont deserve a 2nd round place......

Last edited by normally_crazy : 23rd June 2006 at 10:07.
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:29   #66
BHPian

Czecks r themselves to blame for.They lost the match when one player was red carded.It was a silly mistake to foul 2nd time when he has already been booked.What was he thinking??These types of looseheads should not deserve a place in team when nation's pride is at stake.

So sometimes these european teams do taste their own medicine when indulge in power play.South americans dont do excessive amount of fouls.

As i said earlier,Brazillian r slow starter but now they r picking it up but Argentina is slowing a bit.They drew with Holland which i think is the weakest team in the last 4-5 WC.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 23rd June 2006 at 19:32.
Old 24th June 2006, 12:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Ufff - The French in the 2nd round.....and meeting Spain :WTF: .....why does this happen to teams I support ??

Knock Out Stage starts tonite

Germany vs Sweden - I say easy for Germans here
Argentina vs Mexico - Argentina wins but it will be damn tough for them playing a team like Mexico,who are very physical in the way they play..and have some good players.....

The sad part - Argentina plays Germany next if both win....and Khaadu we shall be in contact all nite during this match...
Old 24th June 2006, 13:08   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Ufff - The French in the 2nd round.....and meeting Spain :WTF: .....why does this happen to teams I support ??

Knock Out Stage starts tonite

Germany vs Sweden - I say easy for Germans here
Argentina vs Mexico - Argentina wins but it will be damn tough for them playing a team like Mexico,who are very physical in the way they play..and have some good players.....

The sad part - Argentina plays Germany next if both win....and Khaadu we shall be in contact all nite during this match...
Hey, I wonder why u so scared of Spain meeting France n the next round ???

As for tonites matches --

Germany vs Sweden -- Ud be surprised by the outcome of this ... Id say its time for the Germans to go back to their wives and kids !!!

Argentina vs mexico -- Watch the scoreboard ... plenty of fancy goals coming in by the likes of Messi & gang .

Poor hosts .. last day in action for them .. -- that ways u wont have to waste money on beig n tuch in the next round .. heheh

Cheers
Old 24th June 2006, 13:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, I wonder why u so scared of Spain meeting France n the next round ???
I said it because the French are going to get thrashed ,and Spain will not get a proper workout for further matches.

Quote:
As for tonites matches --

Germany vs Sweden -- Ud be surprised by the outcome of this ... Id say its time for the Germans to go back to their wives and kids !!! Poor hosts .. last day in action for them .. -- that ways u wont have to waste money on beig n tuch in the next round .. heheh
I dont think so .....Germany is playing attacking football and Swedes cant defend for nuts....

Quote:
Argentina vs mexico -- Watch the scoreboard ... plenty of fancy goals coming in by the likes of Messi & gang .
At the max I expect the scoreboard to be 2-0 for Argentina.......

Lets play.....
Old 24th June 2006, 13:20   #70
F50
Senior - BHPian

Alrite Alrite we'll see who goes to their wives and kids today.

"GEHT Deutschland"
Old 24th June 2006, 14:30   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
Alrite Alrite we'll see who goes to their wives and kids today.

"GEHT Deutschland"
Hey, It seems you have a MAJOR ATTRACTION for anything German .. wonder why ?? But sorry .. its gonna be the same story for all ur German support ... See wats happening to MS

Cheers
Old 24th June 2006, 15:08   #72
BHPian

I think Argentina has a good chance of winning the World Cup. Another team will be Germany. They have the home advantage.
Was really dejected after the South Korea vs Switzerland match. The 2nd goal was totally unfair of the Koreans as they had stopped playing after the linesman called it off-side but the referee overruled it and called it on-side.
After that, the Koreans lost all their morale. Otherwise, they could have surely drawn the match.
Old 24th June 2006, 22:21   #73
F50
Senior - BHPian

So, So, So, Sweden first to meet kids and wives.

"GEHT Deutschland"
Old 25th June 2006, 08:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hurray! Argentina is into the Quater Finals!!!
Man, each player in the Argentina squad is a Class!
Go Guys, get the Cup!
Old 25th June 2006, 10:51   #75
BHPian

I cant beleive that Sweden played so badly. They were no match for superior germans.I beleive this was the one of the most one-sided match of WC so far barring goals scored.

And as expected other match between Mexico and Argentina was a thriller with Mexico openening the account 1st.In many matches team scoring 1st have found bit of extra motivation.To see 2goals in 1st 10 min was a real delight.Two quality teams played a quality match.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks