Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2006, 12:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Ok - so Ukraine finally showed signs of life. And with the Swiss winning , it makes the task of qualifying for 2nd round for the French more difficult.

Spain - Now this team looks good , really good. Raul proved his experience and Fabregas ....what a player !! just 19 years old and he is awesome......Torres scoring 2 and moving to the top of the goal scorers list....Spain looks to go to the semi final atleast...I'm hoping.

Today Ecuador vs Germany and England vs Sweden - these 2 are gpong to be crackers..if the Germans loose and the English win later tonite , we could see a Germany-England clash in the 2nd round. So Im guesseing - the Germans and the English are going to go all out today to top the group. It will be worth watching these 2 matches.
Old 20th June 2006, 12:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Well, after the inital rounds, Argentina seems to be the Team in form and hot favourites to lift the Cup!
Old 20th June 2006, 14:16   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Well, after the inital rounds, Argentina seems to be the Team in form and hot favourites to lift the Cup!
Hey, Trust me thats the HOT team in this edition of the WC !!! Though loads of people insisting that they peaking too early ... But I'm behind them

As far as todays matches go -- I'm gonna be cheering for Ecuador & Sweden !! Hope they can create an upset somehow ....

Cheers

Last edited by khaadu75 : 20th June 2006 at 14:19.
Old 20th June 2006, 14:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
As far as todays matches go -- I'm gonna be cheering for Ecuador & Sweden !! Hope they can create an upset somehow ....
Exactly what I have in mind too - Evil minds think alike eh ?
Old 20th June 2006, 21:33   #50
F50
Senior - BHPian

Alrite fantastic game by Germany ... very happy to see Ballack back and what effortless player he is ... 2nd goal by Klose the way Ballack lobbed with ease!!
Klose is a very good finisher. Overall im happy.

Go Germany!!!
Old 20th June 2006, 21:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Brazil are struggling a bit compared to Germany and Argentina.

BTW, loved the way Australia played..really thought the game would be a draw. Brazil really had to earn the victory despite having all the star players
Old 21st June 2006, 11:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

What a match - the England vs Sweden one. England dominating the 1st half only to be shocked by Sweden in the 2nd. Sweden swamped the English in the 2nd half and if they had scored any 1 of the 4 chances , they would have won by atleast 4-2....LUCKY ENGLISH...but Im still going to cheer for Ecuador against the English.

The Germans clinically finished off the Ecuador team who I felt underperformed to a great deal...simply put I still think that something in this 3-0 result is amiss somewhere.

So England vs Ecuador on Sunday and Germany vs Sweden on Saturday.

Today - Khaadu's fav team Argentina take on the Dutch and this is going to be cracker again. I would absolutely love it if the Dutch can put it across Argentina...but I dont see that happening...a draw would suffice for me.
Old 21st June 2006, 18:33   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Today - Khaadu's fav team Argentina take on the Dutch and this is going to be cracker again. I would absolutely love it if the Dutch can put it across Argentina...but I dont see that happening...a draw would suffice for me.
Hey, So today I'm gonna end up calling you or smsing you every time my team scores .. which is gonna be plenty !!! Its a sad day for me coz my fav and 2nd fav team are playing and its not in the finals but in the first round itself -- ..

But on seeing you rooting for the Dutch ... I'm gonna be fully behind my fav team ... !!! Watch the thumping .... ( actually NO -- 2-1 shud be OK )

Cheers
Old 21st June 2006, 19:05   #54
BHPian

I agree with you normally_crazy that was quite an amazing match! I loved the gerrard and larsson goals. Very well played. Disappointed with the final scoe but. I had to stay up at night and watch the match on mute in case my mom woke up. School night remember? I wonder if i can slip past and watch todays match as well! My prediction: Argentine sided 2-1.
Old 21st June 2006, 20:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, So today I'm gonna end up calling you or smsing you every time my team scores which is gonna be plenty !!! Its a sad day for me coz my fav and 2nd fav team are playing and its not in the finals but in the first round itself --
hehehe- yeah guess u will get smses and calls everytime the dutch score..yeah what a group this is ...

Quote:
But on seeing you rooting for the Dutch ... I'm gonna be fully behind my fav team ... !!! Watch the thumping .... ( actually NO -- 2-1 shud be OK )

Cheers
allrite - lets go........

As I write this , I am witnessing one of the most FURIOUS AND ROCKING MATCH of this world cup. Portugal lead Mexico 2-1 ........2 great goals , 2 penalties ( 1 each , mexico missed the penalty), yellow cards , 1 red card for Mexico...never ending furious pace from Mexico.......this player from Mexico FONSECA is a rockstar maan the way he is toying around with the Portugese defence......20 mins to go.
Old 22nd June 2006, 00:29   #56
BANNED

Quote:
hehehe- yeah guess u will get smses and calls everytime the dutch score..yeah what a group this is ...

allrite - lets go........

As I write this , I am witnessing one of the most FURIOUS AND ROCKING MATCH of this world cup. Portugal lead Mexico 2-1 ........2 great goals , 2 penalties ( 1 each , mexico missed the penalty), yellow cards , 1 red card for Mexico...never ending furious pace from Mexico.......this player from Mexico FONSECA is a rockstar maan the way he is toying around with the Portugese defence......20 mins to go.
And the final score 2-1 to Portugal !!! Get ready for the MATCH OF THE TOURNAMENT -- ... and don't switch of the phone !!!

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:23   #57
BHPian

Well... the "Group of Death" didn't live up to its reputation, sad.... BUT this group is tantalizingly poised. Today its gonna be interesting...

Taken from guardian..

Who needs what
Italy 4pts +2GD
Need a draw against the Czechs to guarantee qualification
Czech Republic 3pts +1GD
A draw with Italy will be enough if Ghana fail to beat the US. If the Czechs and Ghana both win then both will qualify ahead of Italy. Who tops the groups will depend on goal difference, followed by goals scored, followed by results between the two
Ghana 3pts 0GD
Need a better result than the Czechs
USA 1pt -3GD Need to beat Ghana and hope Italy beat the Czech Republic
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get ready for the MATCH OF THE TOURNAMENT -- ... and don't switch of the phone !!!
Eeeeeeehawwwwww - A draw !! So I was right Khaadu !

But what a dissapointment the match was....a few chances on both sides and some pathetic finishing left it goalless..I went to sleep within 30 mins .. Infact the Ivory Coast and Serbia match was a rocker........

So Portugal vs Holland and Argentina vs Mexico....
I think the Potugese will defeat the Dutch and the Mexicans will make it very very difficult for the Argentines..if they play true to form.

Today - Czech vs Italy - Im going for the Czechs - coz the women are hotter and they play amazing flowing football..we need them rather than the defensive Italians.

Ghana vs USA - Im going for Ghana - I want a upset here....

France vs TOGO - another upset perhaps ? Go Togo Go...I dont want the French in the 2nd round.

Swiss vs Korea - difficult to choose ....Koreans are the only Asians left and I love Switzerland....I sit on the fence here..though the speedy Koreans seem to have an edge IMO.

psst - Khaadu only 1 message ???

Last edited by normally_crazy : 22nd June 2006 at 13:57.
Old 22nd June 2006, 14:29   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Eeeeeeehawwwwww - A draw !! So I was right Khaadu !

But what a dissapointment the match was....a few chances on both sides and some pathetic finishing left it goalless..I went to sleep within 30 mins .. Infact the Ivory Coast and Serbia match was a rocker........

psst - Khaadu only 1 message ???
Hey, What do I say ... Nothing happened that made me call or sms !!! And I too was watching the other match more than this -- The other one was a ROCKER !!!

Quote:
Today - Czech vs Italy - Im going for the Czechs - coz the women are hotter and they play amazing flowing football..we need them rather than the defensive Italians.

Ghana vs USA - Im going for Ghana - I want a upset here....
Well I agree with the reason behind ur supportiong the Czech team -- but only as far as the football style goes . As for teh women .. they both have HOT women so not much to choose there ...

Ghana vs USA ... I'm sure its Ghana coz u find the women HOTTER in that country !!! Come on dude , don't be shy .. admit it

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2006, 15:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ghana vs USA ... I'm sure its Ghana coz u find the women HOTTER in that country !!! Come on dude , don't be shy .. admit it
well - since the cats out of the bag....yeah women in Ghana are sure hotter than the ones in USA ..anyday

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks