Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2006, 19:21   #16
BHPian

though i don't know much about football, i'll support fiat...i mean...italy
Old 12th June 2006, 15:00   #17
BHPian

What, No World Cup Thread!?:Post all world cup info here.

Just Surfin the forum after a long break. Internet wasn't working.....And what do i see? No world cup thread. Lets have our own then! Post all ur info on the world cup here. Fixtures, predictions even random fights. Don't forget to post the source of ur information!

I'll kick it off......

CZECHS REMAIN FORMIDABLE US FOES EVEN IF BAROD IS ABSENT

GELSENKIRCHEN, (AFP) - Czech forward Milan Baros, struggling with a foot injury, remains questionable for Monday's key World Cup match here against an American squad that knows it still has plenty to worry about.
Baros helped Liverpool win the 2005 Champions League and was Euro 2004's top scorer with five goals, but the 24-year-old striker was injured in the 3-0 friendly win over Trinidad and Tobago and could be sidelined.
"He's certainly an outstanding player," US coach Bruce Arena said.
"However, they have many other options in the attack. They are one of the few teams in the World Cup that can afford such a loss and still be potent attacking."
Juventus playmaker Pavel Nedved, the 2003 European Player of the Year, and Tomas Rosicky anchor an attack-minded Czech midfield that has a big target in 2.01m forward Jan Koller, who has 42 goals in 68 matches.
"You have to be close to him," US cpatain Claudio Reyna said. "It's not only aerial ability. He's got good feet. You have to be aware of the second *****."
Oguchi Onyewu, the 24-year-old US defender playing in Belgium but being wooed by Premiership sides, stands 1.93m and will lead a collective effort against Koller.
"Onyewu is strong and playing well. He has dealt with big players before," Reyna said.
"But it's not just down to one player. There will be times when everyone has to help. We think he's a key force for us and he can do the job."
Arena expects his squad will have to weather an early storm.
"Their position is very much an attacking style. There is a method to their madness," Arena said. "Their focus is coming at you, having options in the midfield. They are focused on what they are trying to do.
"We're going to have to pass through their pressure and be very good in the early going. If they get seven or eight good chances at the start, they are going to be tough to stop."
The Americans entered their final practice anxious to begin the tournament.
"The last 24 hours can't come quick enough," Reyna said.
"We've done all the preparation. Every detail has been hammered out. Now we're ready to go." "I'm basically sick of the preparations," Arena said. "I want to hear this whistle and get on with the game."

Today's fixtures: My Predictions:
Japan vs Australia 1-2
U.S vs. Czech Republic 0-1
Italy vs. Ghana 3-1

I'll keep posting!

Note from Moderator : Threads merged.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th June 2006 at 15:12.
Old 12th June 2006, 15:39   #18
ECM
BHPian

In the poll there is only 1 vote for Holland and that is mine! I vote for Oranges.Wish me a good luck friends.Bye for now.
Old 13th June 2006, 12:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Woohoo - what a awesome performance by the Czechs - Im hoping they go the finals this time atleast......

The 2 big daddies play today -

predictions for today's matches

Brazil v/s Croatia - 1-0

France v/s Swiss - 1-0

Korea v/s Togo - 1-0
Old 13th June 2006, 13:10   #20
BHPian

My predictions: Brazil vs. Croatia - 2-0
France vs. Switzerland - 3-1
Korea vs. Togo - 1-0 (anyway)

And hey my yesterday's predictions were pretty close!

Last edited by TributE : 13th June 2006 at 13:11.
Old 14th June 2006, 05:27   #21
ash_edged

RESULTS :

South Korea : 2 - 1 : Togo

Close call ... first half was literally heartbeating .. when Togo got 1 and Korea none .. but they pulled it off well

France : 0 - 0 : Switzerland

What a disappointment .... had high hopes with France

Finally, Brazil : 1 - 0 : Croatia
(Right one Normally_CRazy ! any more for tommorw ? might just follow ur lead and try my luck on putting some dosh on it !)

First Goal at 44th minute from Brazil and that too from Kaka ..
kinda disappointing as they have players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho & Adriano they could have done much better i was expecting like 3-4 goals from brazillains ... had high hopes with them ... anyways thank god they won ..

TOMMOROWs PREDICTION :

Spain : Ukraine
2-1

Tunisia : Saudi Arabia
0-0

Germany : Poland
3-0

cheers,
ash

Last edited by ash_edged : 14th June 2006 at 05:29.

Old 14th June 2006, 10:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Absolute pathetic display from France inspite of Henry,Zidane, Makele,Viera . Brazil were pretty bad too...........while Korea saved themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_edged
TOMMOROWs PREDICTION :

Spain : Ukraine
2-1

Tunisia : Saudi Arabia
0-0

Germany : Poland
3-0

cheers,
ash
My thoughts -
Spain - Ukraine = 1-0
Tunisia-SaudiArabia = 0-2
Germany-Poland = 2-1

lets wait now.....
Old 14th June 2006, 11:39   #23
BHPian

[quote=ash_edgedkinda disappointing as they have players like Ronaldo, [/quote].

RONALDO is good for nothing now, was too lazy on field. Really a disappointing start from Brazil.
Croatia played really well, Specially there defenders.
Only player who made some impact from Barzil were there Goal keeper Dida and there captain Cafu.

Cheers.
Old 14th June 2006, 12:08   #24
BHPian

SPAIN!!! (realistically Brazil, but I can dream, can't I?)
Don't know if Sheva is starting or not! he will make life hell for the defenders. Torres and Villa to start, Raul on bench (hopefully he will be subed in and be back on form)
Old 15th June 2006, 08:09   #25
ash_edged

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive

RONALDO is good for nothing now, was too lazy on field. Really a disappointing start from Brazil.
Only player who made some impact from Barzil were there Goal keeper Dida and there captain Cafu.

Cheers.
Agreed RONADLO is our fat boy of the day !!!

Damn Spain did amazin with Ukranine (4-0)

Germany made a close call with Poland of (1-0)

And Finally the most exciting match of the day made bu the most unexciting teams ... Tunisia Vs Saudi Arabia (2-2) Tunisia scored a goal in the injury time ! Whoa that was damn close ...

My British-African mate said "I didn't even knew Saudi Arabia had a footaball team", I replied ... "I didn't even knew Tunisia was a country that existed on the world map !!!"

Tommorows calls

Match of the day
England (Our lads !!) Vs T'N'T
4-0

Ecuador Vs Costa Rica
1-0

Sweden Vs Praguay
1-2

cheers,
ash

Old 15th June 2006, 13:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

spain were brilliant and if we look at the draw thay have a relative easy draw as does england. Both these should be through to the semis if they play on form. Brazil is going to have it tough in the 2nd round with a potential clash against either Italy or the Czechs.........so anyone betting on Brazil think again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_edged
Tommorows calls

Match of the day
England (Our lads !!) Vs T'N'T
4-0

Ecuador Vs Costa Rica
1-0

Sweden Vs Praguay
1-2
I say -

eng- tnt = 2-0
swe-par = 2-1
ecu-cosrica = 2-1

Last edited by normally_crazy : 15th June 2006 at 14:01.
Old 16th June 2006, 09:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

ooohhhhh maaan - yesterday was heartbreak for TnT - held of England for 82 mins ....but the good thing is I got the score right. :-)

Sweden were scrappy again while Ecaudor are turning out to be the real surprise....... and if they top the group , we could see Germany vs England in the 2nd round.

what are todays matches ?
Old 16th June 2006, 11:52   #28
BHPian

Right now Ecuador is playing solid football.
Acc. to me,its not that surprising as i saw them in action last yr in copa america cup on Ten sports.They did surprise argentina and brazil with good,solid football.I think they finnished 3rd after 'em,though i am not sure.

Today we have best matches so far with argentina vs serbia,holland vs ivory coast and mexico vs angola lined up.
this argentina,holland,serbia gp is the toughest gp with three good teams fighting it out for two spots and germany is in easiest gp.
Old 17th June 2006, 00:52   #29
BHPian

For all the football lovers and people who use firefox, do try out this wonderful extension for Firefox from Joga ....

http://www.mozilla.com/add-ons/jogacompanion/

And here's why my vote went to Argentina...
http://www.readabet.com/index.php/home/article/9342

Last edited by sharathjeppu : 17th June 2006 at 01:10.
Old 17th June 2006, 10:26   #30
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu
For all the football lovers and people who use firefox, do try out this wonderful extension for Firefox from Joga ....

http://www.mozilla.com/add-ons/jogacompanion/

And here's why my vote went to Argentina...
http://www.readabet.com/index.php/home/article/9342
Nupe it has been either removed or for Mozilla only,plz check and confirm.Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks