Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2006, 12:37   #76
Senior - BHPian

Germany was close to perfection but they missed so many chances - it could have been 6-0.

And what a heartbreak - for Mexico .....maan it broke my heart when they scored the self goal for Argentina...Argentina dint score in 90 mins ....if only that self goal wasnt scored ............but what a winner ...truly awesome dtrike from the D......

Today - England vs Ecuador - Im going for Ecuador GO ECUADOR GO !! I really want to see an upset here. Cant stick these ever complaining English.

Holland and Portugal - I feel this match is going to be a classic like the Argentina and Mexico one......Im going for Portugal......but it will pain me to see the Dutch loose..................
Old 25th June 2006, 13:06   #77
BHPian

germany all the way to the cup

brazil has all buddas they have passed their time. if ever they win this cup it will surely be The Hand Of God which works the same way for Argentina.

brazil simply has lost its class as a world cup team

watch out for KLOSE he really gets toooo close.
Klose the next Klinsmann
Old 25th June 2006, 13:33   #78
Senior - BHPian

One round of beer on me at the next TBHP meet if Ecudor beat England today. The self-praising Brits need to be shown their place.
Old 25th June 2006, 13:48   #79
Team-BHP Support

The Swedes played really badly yesterday and though their coach said that with 11 players they could have done better, I don't believe him. Still, I was kinda put off by the referee smiling while sending Lucic off. There's really nothing to find funny in such an incident. What pissed me off even more was one of the Germans patting his back after the incident. Not really sporting behavior, is it?
Today, Ill be supporting England and Portugal.
Old 25th June 2006, 14:38   #80
BHPian

the English football team is like Indian Cricket team all top order stars but NO performers.

sorry to the cricket fans!!!
Old 25th June 2006, 15:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
the English football team is like Indian Cricket team all top order stars but NO performers.

sorry to the cricket fans!!!
Actually that isnt the case. The problem is that there are too many clubs playing as one team - we all know that one club or the other usually has a bad day. Whats happening to England is that when MU is firing on all cylinders, Liverpool and Arsenal have an off day. When Arsenal and MU fire, Liverpool doesnt. And so on and so forth - you cant expect all the teams to play well on the same day, can you?

Besides, too much has been made of this lot. For real football, watch the South Americans play - no hype, just a lot of good feet.
Old 25th June 2006, 15:42   #82
BHPian

i say it should be 1-0 to england...at most.......! otherwise 1-1..n then extra time like the arg match
Old 25th June 2006, 15:46   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Besides, too much has been made of this lot. For real football, watch the South Americans play - no hype, just a lot of good feet.
Brazil with good feet nah they are rather old tired feet trying to keep pace aahh cafu ronaldo ronaldinho theres kaka who does some good work otherwise brazil which was my favorite - now sucks. watch the german "HEAD" hope u guessed that.
Old 25th June 2006, 18:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

All my heart goes out to the Englishmen. I hope they advance to the Finals atleast. And tonight, its England will win 2-0 or 3-1.

X
Old 26th June 2006, 09:45   #85
BANNED

Hey, I'm surprised that nobodys posted yet on the ' MATCH OF THE WC'06 ' so far -- Dutch vs Portugese !!!! Was it soccer or rugby or our Indian kabbadi mixed in it as well ... I mean 16 Yellow cards and 4 Red cards and all these figures are from just one match .... Figo survived a send off or else it cud have been 5 Red cards though Im sure he's gonna be in trouble with FIFA definitely .

But a pity that the Dutch once again lost a match in which they had 62% ball possesion but just cudnt seem to find the back of the net even after 20 attempts .. Real poor finishing -- and another of my teams heads home to their wives and kids and gf's !!! Another thing that I just didnt seem to understand was Marco not sending in Nistelroy till the end .. top scorers in the English Premier League but not enough confidence in him by his national coach -- very strange .

As for the other match .. England didnt convince enough and its the bend it like ........ shot that had Posh literally jumping out of her teeny weeny dress !!! I wonder how she treated him after the match for getting the only goal of the match .... ;-)

So all my teams losing .... probably need to start reverse cheering !!!

Cheers
Old 26th June 2006, 10:14   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, I'm surprised that nobodys posted yet on the ' MATCH OF THE WC'06 ' so far -- Dutch vs Portugese !!!! Was it soccer or rugby or our Indian kabbadi mixed in it as well ... I mean 16 Yellow cards and 4 Red cards and all these figures are from just one match .... Figo survived a send off or else it cud have been 5 Red cards though Im sure he's gonna be in trouble with FIFA definitely .
Figo should have been sent off - quite surprised he didnt get a 2nd yellow for the move on the orange fellow.

The match didnt live upto its billing in football terms, even if it did in physical terms.

As for England...well I guess they deserved to win - Ecudor played worse than them. However their victories so far have all been rather unconvincing.
Old 26th June 2006, 11:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
All my heart goes out to the Englishmen. I hope they advance to the Finals atleast. And tonight, its England will win 2-0 or 3-1.

X
Well, I think you might just get your wish... They now face Portugal in the Quarters, and Portugal are without their stars Costinha and Deco...plus the 9 players carrying yellow cards are all walking a thin line....

What a chance for England to reach the semis...its now or never... Go England!!!!
Old 26th June 2006, 13:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

What a scrapy affair the Eng-Ecau match was......and the English won! bah - they cant make any goals .....and when they get one they go on the defensive with 8 players at the back..so like the Italians...cant stand the way they play..and 2-3 players got yellow cards for time wasting....that shows how confident they were...

Portugal got thru - im happy and sad too coz Holland were out !

Today its those BORING Italians vs the never say die AUSSIES - GO AUSSIE GO GOGO.......
Old 26th June 2006, 14:46   #89
BHPian

England was able to win the match coz Ecuador played poorly.Has Ecuador played the way it played in round 1,they should have won the match easily.
Well,England may be on the way out in next round though Portugal won have many stars at their disposal.

In other match,football was played for only 20-25min in 2nd half.Rest of the time it was like a kabbadi match.I beleive FIFA should take a serious notice of this nad shoyuld make a rule to ban both teams for atleast 1yr.
Old 26th June 2006, 14:46   #90
Senior - BHPian

If it was not for Beckam's goal, the match would have gone for Penalties and Equador would have edged past England.
England are struggling to score goals & such team doesn't deserve to reach Semis. So all the Best to Portugal!

Argentina - Germany will be the deadliest match in this WC. Argentina has a slight edge over Germans with their numerous star players. Good luck to Argentina!

Last edited by finneyp : 26th June 2006 at 14:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks