Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 16:35   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post

I hope that even Mustaine brings his Gigantour festival to India, now that he's seen with his own eyes the kind of fanbase that India has.
So true, would love to see Mustaine/Megadeth come back to India. I was tripping in the last concert and it was awesome!
Old 24th March 2010, 17:13   #227
BHPian

I want to see Megadeth again too, now that Dave Ellefson is back in. If it is with Gigantour, even better I guess!
Old 24th March 2010, 18:43   #228
BHPian

@Abhay and Naveen

If we want to see Megadeth again I think we should post requests on the band's official site. There's a forum there which Dave and the band would be reading off on on.

Though the Bangalore performance was legendary, the sound was a bit screwed. I thought that Dave appeared a little peeved since he wasn't talking much between songs.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:51   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinesataris View Post
Never can it happen. Ozzy might, but not the Filth!
Never say never dude. Who would have thought that bands like Satyricon, Enslaved, Amon Amarth, Ensiferum and Opeth would play India but it happened. Can Dani and the Filth be far behind?
Old 24th March 2010, 23:18   #230
BHPian

If lamb of god is on it's time to start booking tickets for bangy..Woo HOO
Old 27th March 2010, 18:57   #231
BHPian

I've been listening to some new and interesting music, though I'd share it with you guys:

1.Fear Factory are back with a new album. It's called "Mechanize" and riffmaster Dino Cazares is back on this album. I've only heard 3 tracks yet and they sound great.

2.Animals as Leaders. No I'm not commenting on the behavior of MLA's and the state of the Indian Parliament during the women's quota bill reading. Animals as Leaders is a progressive metal band that sounds as fresh as their name sounds cool. Their album "Prosthetic" is an instrumental album that's heavy and melodic metal with a slight peppering of jazz thrown in. I've heard about half the album yet and it just makes me exclaim "these guys are bloody genius".

3. Blotted Science: Heard three tracks from this crazy instrumental album and still can't pick up my jaw from the floor. This is some pretty technical and heavy music. You have to listen to it to believe it. The album is called "Machinations of Dementia" and I just learned that Alex Webster(Cannibal Corpse) played bass on the album.
Old 27th March 2010, 19:35   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've been listening to some new and interesting music, though I'd share it with you guys:

1.Fear Factory are back with a new album. It's called "Mechanize" and riffmaster Dino Cazares is back on this album. I've only heard 3 tracks yet and they sound great.

2.Animals as Leaders. No I'm not commenting on the behavior of MLA's and the state of the Indian Parliament during the women's quota bill reading. Animals as Leaders is a progressive metal band that sounds as fresh as their name sounds cool. Their album "Prosthetic" is an instrumental album that's heavy and melodic metal with a slight peppering of jazz thrown in. I've heard about half the album yet and it just makes me exclaim "these guys are bloody genius".

3. Blotted Science: Heard three tracks from this crazy instrumental album and still can't pick up my jaw from the floor. This is some pretty technical and heavy music. You have to listen to it to believe it. The album is called "Machinations of Dementia" and I just learned that Alex Webster(Cannibal Corpse) played bass on the album.
Sounds like some good stuff to listen to. It's just my kind of music! I love nice progressive rock and lots of shredding! So I shall give it a try!

I'm hooked to Buckethead at the moment. Although his music is not heavy metal, it's some seriously good work. He's a magician with the guitar! His work is more mellow though barring a few tracks like Soothsayer. You should give it a listen!
Old 27th March 2010, 19:49   #233
BHPian

Wolfheart, I just youtubed a couple of Animals as Leaders ka tracks - very nice stuff!
Thanks man..
Old 28th March 2010, 19:30   #234
BHPian

It's cool that you guys dig prog-metal too. Next on my wishlist are albums from a few other bands:

1. Tall Poppy Syndrome by Leprous. Metal with a touch of 70's prog rock.
2. The Sense Appartus by Frantic Bleep. Prog metal from Norway. Judging by reviews online this seems like an excitig band.
3. The Noble Search by Firstborn: Termed as buddhist / eastern metal this album is based on the concept of prince Siddharta's journey to enlightenment. The music is basically metal complemented with eastern instruments such as sitar etc. Seems like you can headbang your way to nirvana.

Has anyone heard these albums?
Old 28th March 2010, 20:00   #235
Team-BHP Support

I quite liked Animals as Leaders. Some of their tracks are pretty nice! The sound is a bit heavy and it's refreshing to listen to some heavy progressive stuff. Blotted Science is okay! On the other hand, I hated Fear Factory! No offense.
Old 28th March 2010, 20:36   #236
Senior - BHPian

Slipknot/Mudvayne
Old 29th March 2010, 10:17   #237
BHPian

Wolfheart, I guess you are already familiar with "Between the buried and me"? If not do check out their Colors album and even their new album.
Will check out Animals as Leaders in detail. I think I have heard a track or two in the past.

Although I generally stray towards the traditional heavy stuff (mainly thrash) I do like a good prog metal listen. Orphaned Land is another one to check out if you like middle-eastern/folk influenced prog metal.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:32   #238
BHPian

@Suhaas,

Good to know that you're enjoying Animals as Leaders. Fear Factory on the other hand is more 'extreme' metal. If you don't dig death/ thrash / industrial metal with growled vocals you probably wouldn't enjoy FF.

@Abhay,

I like Orphaned land. In fact I'm trying to get "Way of the Orwarrior" their new album. If you dig metal with middle eastern influences you might wanna try the latest Septic Flesh (sumerian, egyptian, occult death metal) and Nile(Egyptian Death Metal) albums.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:22   #239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Suhaas,

Good to know that you're enjoying Animals as Leaders. Fear Factory on the other hand is more 'extreme' metal. If you don't dig death/ thrash / industrial metal with growled vocals you probably wouldn't enjoy FF.
Oh yes! Animals as Leaders is very very nice! I'm downloading some of their stuff. Oh, and there was a time when I enjoyed thrash/death metal like Bodom and Filth and even Gojira but my tastes have mellowed down a bit and I've started to enjoy some good shredding and solos.

You might not be a fan of shredding and solos and riffs but do give some of these songs a try:

Soothsayer - Buckethead
Nottingham Lace - Buckethead
We Are One - Serj Tankian & Buckethead
Bad Horsie - Steve Vai
The Extremist - G3 (Vai, Malmsteen, Satriani)
Old 30th March 2010, 10:13   #240
BHPian

I have sort of been there and done that with all the shredding/neo-classical stuff yoou mentioned and now I have gone back to the roots so to speak. I definitely love a good solo where it fits the music, but sometimes its all the whammy bar nonsense and the 1000 notes a minute thing that gets to me in the shred stuff.

Still these guys have talent and dedication to play so fast and still make music from it but I feel there are so many other guys who play slower but make better music. JMO :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks