Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2023, 10:31   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi Guys,
I am looking for dressing table mirror. I am not impressed with my local carpenter. So looking at the readymade options. There are quite a few brands like woodenstreet, urbanladder, godrej interior, nilkamal, hometown, pepperfry etc. Which one do you think is the best in terms of quality and aesthetics? ( Preferable someone who has a local store, so that we can see it in person)
Suggest you buy it from a physical furniture store. Ordered dressing table with mirror from UL. Mirror was damaged in transit. Got replacement approved, replacement also came damaged and i was stuck with two huge packages in my garage waiting for reverse pickup.

Ended up taking a refund :(
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 14:11   #377
BHPian

I've been seeing ads for Pelican Essentials all over Instagram for the past few weeks. Has anyone ordered from them? Excessive marketing is always a red flag but it's true that a new business needs to get the word out.

Thinking of visiting their location to see for myself but would appreciate if members can share their own experiences if any.

Right next to the Pelican Essentials location in Google Maps is Desket Furniture. This brand was mentioned in a few posts earlier in the thread. Google Maps is filled with obviously fake 5 star reviews and the rest are 1 star reviews from defrauded customers.

Last edited by thebengalee : 29th August 2023 at 14:12.
Old 31st August 2023, 21:41   #378
BHPian

I recently purchased a very basic old school looking kind of, six seater dining table - with four chairs and a bench. The wood is Sheesham - and the finish / polish is Honey. The table is made of Solid wood and is quite heavy, so are the chairs, it also has the old world style of storage drawers.
Since I have purchased these items independently and not as as a set, I got the chairs and bench within one week of payment and the table came after 2 weeks.
One of the chairs had a very visible manufacturing defect, which, when raised a complaint, the seller sent their carpenter for an assessment, when the carpenter verified the defect, the chair was replaced after a week without any hassles.
Purchased from Wooden street and cost me Rs. 46,000
(I do not have no affiliations with WS )

The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)-img_20230816_163300.jpg
Sunil@KA25 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 10:22   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

We are looking to buy a high quality ergonomic office chair for my wife. She is 61 years of age and has an office in our home. She sits on that chair for long periods hence we need a chair that is comfortable and supports the back and has coasters to help her move around her U shaped table. We have zeroed in on two brands - Godrej and The Sleep Company. Please could experts share their inputs. Thanks in advance fir your trouble.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 19:03   #380
BHPian

Hi,

I am in the market for a 3+1+1 sofa set, sheesham or teak.

I find online that Amazon's offer is significantly lower than UL/PF/WS. How can this be?
Is buying from Amazon trustworthy?

Looking for advice on the above or any other suggestions also welcome.
Old 12th December 2023, 01:40   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
We are looking to buy a high quality ergonomic office chair for my wife. She is 61 years of age and has an office in our home. She sits on that chair for long periods hence we need a chair that is comfortable and supports the back and has coasters to help her move around her U shaped table. We have zeroed in on two brands - Godrej and The Sleep Company. Please could experts share their inputs. Thanks in advance fir your trouble.
If it is important for you (aka ready to spend a lot), Herman Miller or Steelcase are the top of the line office furniture. Distributors offer a significantly better price over D2C sales from these brands. But I do not know if distributors would make a retail sale. The Herman Miller Aeron has been a very popular chair for over 1.5 decades around the world. There are also many good Chinese derivatives of it.

Last edited by Theyota : 12th December 2023 at 01:43.
Theyota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 03:33   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
We are looking to buy a high quality ergonomic office chair for my wife.
This thread is a treasure trove of information about ergonomic work chairs. Please do have a look.
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 16:31   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebengalee View Post
I've been seeing ads for Pelican Essentials all over Instagram for the past few weeks. Has anyone ordered from them?
I did order a 4seater dining table
The product quality is solid and yes I will recommend their products.
In fact, am looking for a proper festive deal to grab another product.
Kams_cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 20:36   #384
BHPian

Hi - has anyone ordered from craftsmill or knows someone who has? Though I have ordered a dining table and chairs, just wanted to check the experience of other members, if any
Old 17th January 2024, 00:07   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Is buying from Amazon trustworthy?
I had ordered a teakwood/sheesham bed through amazon at a very reasonable price.

The seller was from Churu, Rajasthan and delivered good product. I am happy and satisfied with the product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks