Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 13:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What is your budget?
By the way, we liked and finalised a kids bed at the store athome. So thats out of the way. We didnt like any wardrobes there though
The remaining budget is a bit flexible, upto 70K for both wardrobes if possible.
Old 19th June 2011, 21:42   #32
BHPian

For wardrobes and as I understand 70K for 2, you can try (1) The Living Room (Karve Road) (2) Rawat (Paud Road). Avoid Godrej for non steel stuff. Please do share if you come across a good/genuine shop for furniture in Pune.
Old 20th June 2011, 10:13   #33
UKR
BHPian

I have recently booked a 2 bhk flat which I expect to be a little short on space. So I was thinking about a sofa cum bed type of furniture and some full height sliding/folding partition setup for the living room so that it could double up as a third bed room. The construction of the flat has not yet started so there is plenty of time to brainstorm and suggest changes to the builder if required to incorporate the above setup. Would be great if any of you guys who are using or have seen such a setup could give suggestions on this.Thanks in advance.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad View Post
For wardrobes and as I understand 70K for 2, you can try (1) The Living Room (Karve Road) (2) Rawat (Paud Road). Avoid Godrej for non steel stuff. Please do share if you come across a good/genuine shop for furniture in Pune.
I didnt like the designs at Rawat at all and the quality also seemed a bit dodgy. Style Spa didnt have too many choices on the designs.
@home and big bazaar wardrobes are a bit short on sturdiness.
Wardobes at the Living room seem to be decent at first look. I didnt have enough time when I went there, so will go again and most probably finalise there.

edit: budget is around 80 K total for both if I buy it readymade.
I am also interested in the all glass door wardrobe for us, in which case the budget can be extended. I remember seeing some of these adverstised a couple of years ago as German wardrobes. Any idea if these are still available?

Last edited by selfdrive : 20th June 2011 at 11:44.
Old 30th June 2011, 08:21   #35
BHPian

Guys, i have started a new thread on Home Furnishings im looking for my new flat in Bangalore.

Please visit and post any info you have.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2411431

Thanks.

Last edited by devrajman : 30th June 2011 at 08:23.
Old 30th June 2011, 08:22   #36
BHPian

Help req for Home Modular Kitchen and Wardrobes @ Bangalore

HI guys, I just booked a flat in bangalore. Im looking for non-branded modular kitchen and 1 full size wardrobe for master bedroom. Nothing very fancy or expensive.

Would be great if people can share their recent experience on modular kitchen and wardrobes.

Im looking for mostly laminated blockboard (mostly known as plywood) for wardrobes. And water proof plywood for kitchen. Some good textured and colored laminates.

For kitchen I will need lots of cubboards as its a little small and lot of stuff. However for drawers like those steel basket.

Any info/recommendations/photos of just finished wardrobes/kitchens would be excellent help. Also regular making charges.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:42   #37
BHPian

The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Hi guys,

I'm looking out for a dining table for 4 people of our family. It should be reliable and of good quality. I reside in Rajajinagar area of Bangalore. Any suggestions on wood to look out for while buying are welcome.

Mods: if there is another thread related to this please move this.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:23   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I didnt like the designs at Rawat at all and the quality also seemed a bit dodgy. Style Spa didnt have too many choices on the designs.
@home and big bazaar wardrobes are a bit short on sturdiness.
Wardobes at the Living room seem to be decent at first look. I didnt have enough time when I went there, so will go again and most probably finalise there.

edit: budget is around 80 K total for both if I buy it readymade.
I am also interested in the all glass door wardrobe for us, in which case the budget can be extended. I remember seeing some of these adverstised a couple of years ago as German wardrobes. Any idea if these are still available?
@Selfdrive : you should check out the good home store near thergaon . Its a really big mall types only for furniture and they have pretty good stuff and reasonably priced too . I was there to look for a sofa cum bed ! Didnt find one though !
Old 5th July 2011, 15:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
@Selfdrive : you should check out the good home store near thergaon . Its a really big mall types only for furniture and they have pretty good stuff and reasonably priced too . I was there to look for a sofa cum bed ! Didnt find one though !
Thanks Gautam!
For now Thergaon seems a bit far away, though I will try to combine that with a visit to some of my relatives/ friends in Pradhikaran

In the meanwhile I visited Ekbote in Mukundnagar and they have some very impressive designs and the quality is good too. I have some more time to make up my mind.
Old 5th July 2011, 15:23   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Thanks Gautam!
For now Thergaon seems a bit far away, though I will try to combine that with a visit to some of my relatives/ friends in Pradhikaran

In the meanwhile I visited Ekbote in Mukundnagar and they have some very impressive designs and the quality is good too. I have some more time to make up my mind.
I thought of recommending Ekbote in response to your original question but I had a vague feeling that they didn't sell wardrobes. Ekbote is very good quality & price is reasonable.

If you are really on a budget then the cheapest would be an MDF wardrobe. MDF isn't as good as wood but in my opinion it's not as bad as people say. If you do go with MDF, then shop around a lot, I have seen very similar MDF wardrobes with a wide variety of prices between 15K to 40K.

I have a big MDF wardrobe which is 5 years old & which has survived multiple dissassembling/assembling because it was moved from Bombay to Pune & then back to Bombay.
Old 6th July 2011, 08:12   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I thought of recommending Ekbote in response to your original question but I had a vague feeling that they didn't sell wardrobes. Ekbote is very good quality & price is reasonable.

If you are really on a budget then the cheapest would be an MDF wardrobe. MDF isn't as good as wood but in my opinion it's not as bad as people say. If you do go with MDF, then shop around a lot, I have seen very similar MDF wardrobes with a wide variety of prices between 15K to 40K.

I have a big MDF wardrobe which is 5 years old & which has survived multiple dissassembling/assembling because it was moved from Bombay to Pune & then back to Bombay.
I have had a very bad experience with these MDF types . I dont know if you have the same ones . The compressed wood chip boards . Once you dis assemble them , them assembling them the second time is near to impossible . Are those the ones you are referring to ?

The options that I saw at Good Home store are full bedroom packages and some really good quality wood . The advantage of taking a complete room package would be that everything would be colour coordinated . Didnt get to see the price range of these sets but the quality looked superb a lot better that what I've seen at Ekbote .
Old 6th July 2011, 09:52   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
I have had a very bad experience with these MDF types . I dont know if you have the same ones . The compressed wood chip boards . Once you dis assemble them , them assembling them the second time is near to impossible . Are those the ones you are referring to ?
Mine has been disassembled & assembled back twice after the original assembly. i.e. once when it was moved from Mumbai to Pune & then again back to Mumbai. And it's compressed wood chip boards.

I don't think it will survive another such cycle but for now, it looks pretty stable.

Basically, you need to call the same guy who is very familiar with the thing - for the 2nd assembly I got the guy who originally assembled the first time to do it for me. They have all the correct tools & do it very well.
Old 9th July 2011, 22:49   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

MDF is not chipboard. Chipboard is the stuff that has big wood chips you can see when you look at the surface. MDF is a much finer, stronger product. It machines niceley, so it can have patterns routed in it (that's route, to rhyme with out... the English way ) and the edges can be shaped. In some ways, it might be even better than wood (resistance to warping?) but, of course, it has to be surfaced or painted, as it can never look like wood.

In the end, only wood looks, feels, and smells like wood.
Old 13th July 2011, 12:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for a foldable dining table with min 4 chairs. Can anyone help me with this requirement? I have searched in many furniture shops in Thane but could not source one. The requirement of foldable dining table is due to space constraints in the living room.

I had seen one such table in Lifestyle store but was costing around 13K about 2 yrs back. The best part was the chairs could be stowed inside the table itself and was a fantastic space saver. However now its no longer available there? Will I have to get it custom built then?
Old 13th July 2011, 14:08   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I see these things every time I go to retail exhibitions at Chennai Trade Centre. Sorry, but because I don't want one, I haven't picked up a leaflet and don't have a name to offer --- but if your city has similar consumer exhibitions to ours you might find one there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks