Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 12:39   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Finally I have 3 choices
1. Buy ready made wardrobes from brick mortar stores (homestop) or online (pepperfry). Not sure about build quality.
Time = 1 week, Cost = Don't know
2. Age old carpenter + choose your material. Build quality is good but finish is OK.
Time = 2 months, Cost = 1000 /sq ft
3. Fabrication unit made furniture (option to choose your materials). Top notch finish with roller press and machine cutting.
Time = 2 week, Cost = 1100 /sq ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
From what I understand, you mean modular stuff. The time mentioned is fitting time and would go up depending on the number of workers and their experience. On top of it, it will take a min of 45 days to 2 months from the time you place the order to get the modules made and delivered. Some Italian brands quoted 90 days. Just something you need to keep in mind.
Agree with Jaguar here. 2 weeks is impossible timing as they will first prepare options, get your approval, order material, put in production and assemble at your place. The entire process will take a minimum of 30 days if the vendor is not running upto his full capacity. Also, the pricing shall be 1200-1700 psf. The end product is definitely better in look and feel than option 1 and 2.
Old 9th December 2014, 22:03   #182
oss
BHPian

Has anyone tried induscraft.com ? The prices seem to be quite competitive and decent collectìon as well.

Wonder how reliable they are. .
Old 10th December 2014, 07:09   #183
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Park at Forum and walk across. There is zero safe parking in Koramangala in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the correct location of "Hettich" showroom on 80 feet road, Koramangala ?

Any landmarks or driving directions from sony world junction is highly appreciated. Planning to visit the same at the earliest.

Any good place to park nearby the same.
Old 10th December 2014, 22:41   #184
BHPian

Surprised to not see fabfurnish.com on a brief perusal of this thread.

I have ordered from them over the years and sometimes they have very unusual contemporary stuff like fiberglass coffee tables and metal computer racks. Service is top notch and I once returned a piece of unwieldy furniture all the way to Delhi because of a manufacturing defect and they sent a replacement right away.

I find their prices reasonable especially when they are on sale which happens quite often.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 10th December 2014 at 22:42.
Old 28th April 2015, 20:26   #185
BHPian

Glass Wall/Aluminum Partition in Delhi/Gurgaon

Dear All,

For the renovation of my office, I am looking for reliable person in Delhi/Gurgaon who is expert in Glass Wall/Aluminum Partition. I am certainly not looking for any interior designer expert, just looking for somebody who is price wise reasonable, tried and tested and can do Glass partition.

Any suggestions pls. welcome!

Many thanks in advance

Amit
Old 29th April 2015, 09:45   #186
BHPian

Re: Glass Wall/Aluminum Partition in Delhi/Gurgaon

I'm also looking for glass wall partition expert in Bangalore! Any recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks.
Old 29th April 2015, 12:57   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For the renovation of my office, I am looking for reliable person in Delhi/Gurgaon who is expert in Glass Wall/Aluminum Partition.
I believe you are looking for some toughened Glass - Try Asahi d . I have some good experience with Glasses I got from Asahi couple of years back . Since they are near to Gurgaon they will need less time to deliver , they might be little expensive over Modi or Local toughening plants but insist on Asahi factory supply only

Edit ::: Just checked with their Gurgaon office ( Glasxperts Experience Zone) - they are handling this business directly all over India - you can speak to guy named Amit - 91-124-4212096/97 , this is SBU of Asahi

http://www.aisglass.com/consumer-glass-1

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th April 2015 at 13:04.
Old 29th April 2015, 13:21   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I believe you are looking for some toughened Glass - Try Asahi d . I have some good experience with Glasses I got from Asahi couple of years back . Since they are near to Gurgaon they will need less time to deliver , they might be little expensive over Modi or Local toughening plants but insist on Asahi factory supply only

Edit ::: Just checked with their Gurgaon office ( Glasxperts Experience Zone) - they are handling this business directly all over India - you can speak to guy named Amit - 91-124-4212096/97 , this is SBU of Asahi

http://www.aisglass.com/consumer-glass-1
Thanks for the information, but actually I am looking for a normal partition. Asahi would be too expensive, I don't think they would give their consultation for 80sqm area
Old 2nd May 2015, 05:57   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You dont have a market like Kirti nagar over there?
I got more or less the same recliner built for 19k, when UL was offering it for 22.But, I got to choose the material used, the color, the number of panels, and the stuffing.

Doing duty very well.
You've just got to treat it like you treat your car seat.
Hi,

Can you advise whether sheesham is really as durable as teak for a long (15-20 year) ownership?

We wanted to buy shoe racks and a simple table but finding both in sheesham was far easier in Ghitorni than in teak.

Money isnt a constraint, hassle to find it is

Everyone claims they use teak - how can one be sure it is real teak? Any tried / trusted suppliers in south Delhi or gurgaon you can recommend?

Here's the kind of table we want:
The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)-20150426-16.53.57.jpg
Old 2nd May 2015, 18:03   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think one can ever be sure, unless you take an expert. There are, I think, quite a few teak, teak-like and teak-related woods. Many of them may be every bit as good and durable as wood from an actual teak tree in Burma: only the experts know!

Frankly, though, wood in general is pretty durable, and 15-20 years is nothing for very much less "posh" woods --- unless it is, for instance, for outside, exposed-to-elements, use.
Old 3rd May 2015, 13:09   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Any tried / trusted suppliers in south Delhi or gurgaon you can recommend?
Are you back in Delhi now?
Old 21st May 2015, 17:55   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't think one can ever be sure, unless you take an expert. There are, I think, quite a few teak, teak-like and teak-related woods. Many of them may be every bit as good and durable as wood from an actual teak tree in Burma: only the experts know!

Frankly, though, wood in general is pretty durable, and 15-20 years is nothing for very much less "posh" woods --- unless it is, for instance, for outside, exposed-to-elements, use.
Thanks! Going ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Are you back in Delhi now?
Gurgaon, yes. how's chennai treating you sir?

Has anyone bought any marble top stainless steel leg dining tables? How well or badly do they age?
The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)-diningtablestainlesssteelframemarbletop.jpg
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...23987.html?s=p
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...173939346.html
This stuff is from 60k-1L (incl chairs) and all of it from China. Just wondering if they are worth it. Anyone owning them - please advise.
Old 21st May 2015, 20:47   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Gurgaon, yes. how's chennai treating you sir?
Long story sir. Born & raised in Madras (as it was then known), worked 5 years there, then moved to the US for > 2 decades, moved back to Bangalore for 2 years, Chennai for 5 years, and then back in Bangalore for the last two years. Quite a nomad, see !
Old 22nd May 2015, 01:38   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

If I may answer for the Chennaites, it is treating us rather badly. Dog days of summer got replaced by cold and rain, except now, the weather has remembered its duty and is promising to make up for it!

phamilyman, I don't know about the practicality of marble table tops. I don't think it is that hard, and if my vague memory of the chemistry is correct, it certainly is not acid proof. A slip with a knife, or a vinegar spill, might not be too good. I'd also consider the safety aspect: with a young phamily, you need to be very careful about what they might contrive to pull over, and what happens if it falls on top of them. Wood might not do them much good, but stone?

Old 24th May 2015, 02:00   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Can you advise whether sheesham is really as durable as teak for a long (15-20 year) ownership?

We wanted to buy shoe racks and a simple table but finding both in sheesham was far easier in Ghitorni than in teak.
Everyone claims they use teak - how can one be sure it is real teak?
Teak supply has been almost negligible in the last 10+ years due to restrictions on logging, long maturity time of teak trees and replacement of native teak groves with other cash crops. As a result the little teak generally available is salvage from antique doors, furniture, etc. (it was plentiful upto the mid 60s, my grandfather's house built in 50s had all-teak fittings, later additions built in early 70s used non-teak wood.). 6 years ago I engaged a carpenter to build me a small teak bookcabinet; he spent 2 weeks trying to source the teak and finally managed just enough for the doors.

Shisham is less 'famous' than teak but is excellent. It is cheaper than teak (but still quite expensive) and wonderfully long lasting with a beautiful grain and finish. My parents bought plenty of shisham furniture after their marriage almost 40 years ago and it's all as good as new. But I have heard of plenty of scams where acacia or sal wood is dyed and passed off as shisham (or teak). It would be a good idea to locate a expereinced carpenter and pay him 1k or so for his expert opinion on the wood before buying.

Personally I have found stainless steel furniture always starts to rust after 6-7 years. The legs can scatch the floor if the rubber guards wear out. Wooden furniture, even the common rubberwood based stuff, is much better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks