Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2014, 18:46   #166
BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDodo View Post
Looks good! Any idea what quality of foam/cushion is used?
You can actually go to the Fab Furnish showroom and check it out. I find it good enough.
Old 1st October 2014, 19:18   #167
BHPian

I am looking for a couple of book shelves and most of the online retailers and outlets do not have the dimensions that fit my requirement!
Does anyone know any reliable place/carpenters where I can get them custom made in Bangalore preferably near Whitefield?
Old 10th October 2014, 11:48   #168
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the correct location of "Hettich" showroom on 80 feet road, Koramangala ?

Any landmarks or driving directions from sony world junction is highly appreciated. Planning to visit the same at the earliest.

Any good place to park nearby the same.
Old 10th October 2014, 15:55   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the correct location of "Hettich" showroom on 80 feet road, Koramangala ?

Any landmarks or driving directions from sony world junction is highly appreciated. Planning to visit the same at the earliest.

Any good place to park nearby the same.
It is located in Raheja Arcade on the first floor. Above the Jockey showroom, if I remember the layout of the building right.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:39   #170
Senior - BHPian

I have long dreamed of buying a nice cosy recliner. I see this COOPER ROCKER RECLINER for sale in UrbanLadder. Good deal for 20k. But anyone have a review of the quality? Long lasting? Hows the material?

http://www.urbanladder.com/products/...NSFRS53BL20007
Old 27th October 2014, 09:16   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I am planning to buy a bed online. The option is between rubberwood and sheesham. Which one is better in terms of durability etc?
If you are considering furniture for the long term, then I think you should go with solid teak wood furniture. There are only a few guys that sell it online with most of the online players selling more affordable seesham or rubber wood, because it is cheaper and also easier to make. Teak wood is pretty hard wood and hence requires lot more man hours to make a bed.

The joints don't creak that easily when a bed is made out of Teak and you can expect the bed to last much longer.

Of course, the look of teak wood finish is just classic.
Old 15th November 2014, 13:00   #172
BHPian

I had ordered for a Dressing table and Queen size Cot with Damro. I think it is the biggest mistake, that i have ever done by purchasing furniture from them. Pathetic they are, the customer service quality sucks and the products are also of no great quality. They do not deliver on time, plus the price charged is higher for the quality they deliver.

Buying furniture online is something which i don't prefer because of very limited options and unknown specifications, unless and until you actually see. Currently i don't see the prices to be very competitive among any of the online players. But this is one great opportunity for the e-tailers to mark their presence if they deliver quality products at reasonable prices.

Last edited by rki2007 : 15th November 2014 at 13:11.
Old 16th November 2014, 09:36   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I have long dreamed of buying a nice cosy recliner. I see this COOPER ROCKER RECLINER for sale in UrbanLadder. Good deal for 20k.
The deal is indeed sweet. I am having the same dream as yours. To replace my 3+1+1 leatherette sofa to a recliner set. As far as my hunting, fabric holds good in comfort. And the cheaper ones doesn't have the plush feeling of a recliner. It is just flat and no cushion at all. This ranges between 20-30k
The ones I saw in Lifestyle shops are in the range of 40-50k and they are in deed very plush and comfy. When we go for a set of recliners, the cost shoots to 1lac+

Did you by the way buy it from urbanladder?
Old 16th November 2014, 10:20   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
The ones I saw in Lifestyle shops are in the range of 40-50k and they are in deed very plush and comfy. When we go for a set of recliners, the cost shoots to 1lac+

Did you by the way buy it from urbanladder?
Yes, its a little worrying to buy without being able to read anyone's reviews. Still haven't bought it.
Old 16th November 2014, 10:56   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, its a little worrying to buy without being able to read anyone's reviews. Still haven't bought it.
You dont have a market like Kirti nagar over there?
I got more or less the same recliner built for 19k, when UL was offering it for 22.But, I got to choose the material used, the color, the number of panels, and the stuffing.

Doing duty very well.
You've just got to treat it like you treat your car seat.
Old 16th November 2014, 11:05   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You dont have a market like Kirti nagar over there?
I got more or less the same recliner built for 19k, when UL was offering it for 22.But, I got to choose the material used, the color, the number of panels, and the stuffing.

Doing duty very well.
You've just got to treat it like you treat your car seat.
Thats good. I am not sure if I can get it made here in Bangalore for the same cost.
Old 16th November 2014, 12:51   #177
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
I have long dreamed of buying a nice cosy recliner. I see this COOPER ROCKER RECLINER for sale in UrbanLadder. Good deal for 20k. But anyone have a review of the quality? Long lasting? Hows the material?

http://www.urbanladder.com/products/...NSFRS53BL20007

Nice. I want to buy one like this but buying furniture without trying it out (i.e. is it comfortable) doesn't seem like what I want to do. Is there a place in Bombay I can try something like out and buy - don't mind paying a little for a B & M store. I don't want fabric, but want leatherette or any other synthetic material like this is.
Old 16th November 2014, 13:02   #178
Senior - BHPian

You must always try the furniture before you buy and check quality of materials etc. One cant be too careful as we had a bad experience once. At Durian we were shown one thing but something else landed up, and the quality was really doubtful. They simply refused to take it back and the so called leather peeled off in large swathes in a couple of months, leaving behind something ugly we couldn't get rid of.
Old 17th November 2014, 00:28   #179
BHPian

I need some expert opinion here. I need to start working on the interior of a new duplex.
I calculated the total requirement to be around 600-700 sq ft including kitchen and getting quotes from a lot of places.

Finally I have 3 choices
1. Buy ready made wardrobes from brick mortar stores (homestop) or online (pepperfry). Not sure about build quality.
Time = 1 week, Cost = Don't know
2. Age old carpenter + choose your material. Build quality is good but finish is OK.
Time = 2 months, Cost = 1000 /sq ft
3. Fabrication unit made furniture (option to choose your materials). Top notch finish with roller press and machine cutting.
Time = 2 week, Cost = 1100 /sq ft

I am inching towards option 3. Visited couple of places in Hosur road and BG Road. They do the lamination and cutting in factories and finally fit the modular pieces at your home. They also do CAD designs.
Many folks I spoke to are biased against machine made furniture.
Any thought?
Old 17th November 2014, 12:28   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
3. Fabrication unit made furniture (option to choose your materials). Top notch finish with roller press and machine cutting.
Time = 2 week, Cost = 1100 /sq ft
From what I understand, you mean modular stuff. The time mentioned is fitting time and would go up depending on the number of workers and their experience. On top of it, it will take a min of 45 days to 2 months from the time you place the order to get the modules made and delivered. Some Italian brands quoted 90 days. Just something you need to keep in mind.

Most Viewed