Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 13:20   #211
mxx
BHPian

Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

Anyone knows where I can buy convertible standing work/computer desk in Bangalore or online.
I am looking for the type that are sold by brands like ergotron, caretta, varidesk etc, but not necessarily the same brand as they are too expensive.
or you can see some examples here http://lifehacker.com/five-best-stan...sks-1528244287
Old 17th July 2015, 18:19   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Here's another wood question.

I need to replace a bathroom door. It is a small bathroom/toilet, and the shower will actually go onto the door. The original door is now rotting (a few years back, I told Mrs G that no, just a coat of polish would not preserve it, it needed thick melamine coats, but I got over-ruled) and should be replaced.

Plastic would, for practicality, be best, but I am yet to see plastic doors that do not look like plastic doors. Glass would not suit the room. Would it should be.

Teak or related hardwoods is overkill and overbudget. What could I use? How is rubber wood at surviving damp?
Sorry for delayed contribution.
Do you wanna change the shower to the one where water flows vertically down than the diagonal direction and hitting the door?
Old 2nd September 2015, 20:54   #213
BANNED

I have a 4 door steel Godrej interio cupboard which needs to be dismantled and transported and reassembled. I logged a call with Godrej - their person called me and said Godrej's official charges are 4000 for just the dismantling and re-assembling (not the transport). But he said he will do it outside of Godrej's official service for 2,500. Found another guy also who said 2,000. He said it will take around 2 hours to dismantle and 4 hours to assemble. Anyone who has done this before?
Old 20th September 2015, 15:47   #214
BHPian

Help for making a motor/device for 'Rocking small bed for my kid"

Dear All, this is not related to automotive but i know i can bank on you guys for helping me out with this one.
I have a 10 month old kid, and he doesn't sleep till we rock his small bed all night, you can understand this makes life tough. So I am thinking if i can connect a motor or a device with the bed which can rock it and be controlled electrically and be safe.
The bed is made up of wood.
Any help/leads will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 16:25   #215
BHPian

Re: Help for making a motor/device for 'Rocking small bed for my kid"

Pls find a picture of the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)-photo.jpg  

Old 21st September 2015, 09:45   #216
BHPian

Re: Help for making a motor/device for 'Rocking small bed for my kid"

, it is very simple and DIY
Old 11th October 2015, 03:33   #217
BANNED

A fifty year old person has some health issues because of which he sometimes has to spend few weeks mostly on the bed occasionally. He works on the laptop for 5-6 hours a day when is on the bed. He doesn't want to be in fully horizon position all the time - wants to lean against the backrest of the bed - but since it's hard, he has to put a big pillow vertically against the backrest of the bed. This is not very comfortable though.

What would be a better option? Does anyone know if something like this be comfortable - http://www.amazon.in/KosmoCare-Premi...dp/B00ZUQ3OC0/

Or this - http://www.seniorshelf.com/Products/...d-8275288.aspx

Has anyone used any of these products? Is it comfortable for long hours?
Old 11th October 2015, 06:51   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
A fifty year old person has some health issues because of which he sometimes has to spend few weeks mostly on the bed occasionally. He works on the laptop for 5-6 hours a day when is on the bed. He doesn't want to be in fully horizon position all the time - wants to lean against the backrest of the bed - but since it's hard, he has to put a big pillow vertically against the backrest of the bed. This is not very comfortable though.

What would be a better option? Does anyone know if something like this be comfortable - http://www.amazon.in/KosmoCare-Premium-Imported-Adjustable-Support/dp/B00ZUQ3OC0/

Or this - http://www.seniorshelf.com/Products/...d-8275288.aspx

Has anyone used any of these products? Is it comfortable for long hours?
If its that much of an issue, why not just get him a medical bed. You can adjust it any way you want for any posture you want.
Old 11th October 2015, 07:17   #219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
If its that much of an issue, why not just get him a medical bed. You can adjust it any way you want for any posture you want.
He has refused to sleep in a medical bed. He says he doesn't want his home to become a hospital. He also has depression issues because of the illness, so nobody wants to force him.
Old 11th October 2015, 14:18   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He has refused to sleep in a medical bed. He says he doesn't want his home to become a hospital. He also has depression issues because of the illness, so nobody wants to force him.

There are some medical beds that look no different to a regular bed. But they can still incline/recline. I remember seeing one at some hospital a while back.
Try enquiring about it with the medical bed dealers.
Old 11th October 2015, 17:09   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
There are some medical beds that look no different to a regular bed. But they can still incline/recline. I remember seeing one at some hospital a while back.
Try enquiring about it with the medical bed dealers.
He is not willing to change his current bed. This has been explored extensively. What I am looking for is other hacks/fixes like the wedges.
Old 11th October 2015, 17:18   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He is not willing to change his current bed. This has been explored extensively. What I am looking for is other hacks/fixes like the wedges.

Well in that case I am afraid i don't have any help I could offer.
All the best for your quest though. Hope he gets well soon.
Old 12th October 2015, 14:30   #223
BANNED

I have never owned or used a recliner in my life. I was wondering how convenient a recliner is for working with a 14" laptop for 5-6 hours at a stretch when I am working from home. I am sick of working on a table and chair and was looking for a change. I don't think I will be to try it out for a few minutes in a shop and get a feel for it, hence asking for opinions.

Does anyone else work on a laptop on anything other than a conventional work table/chair setting?
Old 12th October 2015, 14:49   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have never owned or used a recliner in my life. I was wondering how convenient a recliner is for working with a 14" laptop for 5-6 hours at a stretch when I am working from home. I am sick of working on a table and chair and was looking for a change. I don't think I will be to try it out for a few minutes in a shop and get a feel for it, hence asking for opinions.

Does anyone else work on a laptop on anything other than a conventional work table/chair setting?
Pretty OK.
But you will have to try it out for at least 10-15 minutes at a shop. Stretch it out to the working level, and see that you have proper support for the lower back. Mine was bad in this regard, and now I have to use a cushion with it.
Old 17th October 2015, 12:28   #225
BHPian

Quote:

Check this site
They have innovative stuff
http://www.skymall.com/remote-contro...dge/83233.html

I had seen a memory foam wedge to elevate to 45 degrees but the link I pasted seems better. There are other options there too. Search for bed wedge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks