Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2012, 23:33   #2881
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Till then, here's a picture of one of them. Will be posting more pictures as and when the opportunity and time permits!

Attachment 969536
Super cute Sometimes I wish, I should get one, the urge is strong. But after my favourite cat expired in February this year, I find it difficult to keep another one. Can you please post in more pictures ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
sorry i'm not an expert when it comes to cats and dogs but are those lice near the kitten's eyes?
No, those aren't lice. I think they are secretions from the eyes. The kitten will soon learn to clean them by itself.
Old 14th August 2012, 23:44   #2882
Distinguished - BHPian

Lice are far too tiny to see and identify in a photo like that. I suspect deathwalkr is thinking of ticks?
Old 15th August 2012, 10:02   #2883
Senior - BHPian

@Thad: Ticks! yes thats what i meant thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 10:35   #2884
BHPian

Quote:
sorry i'm not an expert when it comes to cats and dogs but are those lice near the kitten's eyes?
Those aren't lice. It's discharge from the eyes. It happens to dogs too, they usually rub their heads on carpets or beds to clean it.
Old 16th August 2012, 02:24   #2885
BHPian

Hi all,

I have a 3 yr old dog in Trivandrum. Chucky stays with my Mom and Dad. I'm staying in Navi Mumbai. Now my parents are going to visit me and planning to stay with me for 2-3 months. Mom has pampered her so much that she eats only if any one of us is near her.
Our concern is where can we keep Chucky so that she's well looked after in our absence.
We checked out a dog boarding in TVM, But not sure if Chucky will be eating well, because last time Mom kept her at this place for a period of 4 days, the owner said Chucky barely ate once in 2 days.
So I'm planning to ask Mom to bring Chucky to Mumbai on flight, provided I can find a dog hostel/boarding in and around Navi Mumbai ( Read: Mulund, Thane, Airoli, Vashi). If so least I can visit her daily and make sure she's fine.
I have also given a thought on the alternative of keeping her in my apartment, but will society allow, Will my 7ft*2ft balcony be good for her; I need to check.
Any suggestions is most welcome.
Old 16th August 2012, 07:52   #2886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As @W.A.G.7 & @rayjaycleoful correctly identified, that is just the extract from it's eyes - more than the kitten, the mom will help clean it up soon.

Having said that, the kittens do need to be deflead, probably a month later from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Super cute Sometimes I wish, I should get one, the urge is strong. But after my favourite cat expired in February this year, I find it difficult to keep another one. Can you please post in more pictures ??
Currently not doing that, as they are still too small - once they start roaming on their own and are able to eat/drink on their own, will (take &) put up more pictures.

Btw, you should get back to having one more. I understand what you mentioned - but I feel this is the best solution to that. And of course, these kittens will be given away by my neighbor once they grow up. Do tell if interested
Old 16th August 2012, 10:56   #2887
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
Hi all,

I have a 3 yr old dog in Trivandrum. Chucky stays with my Mom and Dad. I'm staying in Navi Mumbai. Now my parents are going to visit me and planning to stay with me for 2-3 months. Mom has pampered her so much that she eats only if any one of us is near her.
Our concern is where can we keep Chucky so that she's well looked after in our absence.
We checked out a dog boarding in TVM, But not sure if Chucky will be eating well, because last time Mom kept her at this place for a period of 4 days, the owner said Chucky barely ate once in 2 days.
So I'm planning to ask Mom to bring Chucky to Mumbai on flight, provided I can find a dog hostel/boarding in and around Navi Mumbai ( Read: Mulund, Thane, Airoli, Vashi). If so least I can visit her daily and make sure she's fine.
I have also given a thought on the alternative of keeping her in my apartment, but will society allow, Will my 7ft*2ft balcony be good for her; I need to check.
Any suggestions is most welcome.
No matter what boarding kennel it is, they will not match the amount of care and hygiene level the dog receives at home. My suggestion is - keep her in your apartment itself. I don't believe anyone in the apartment will object to the dog, provided you take her out for the necessary stuff every day , without dirtying the apartment premises. Even if they do object, tell them it is only for a few months when your parents are staying with you.

If you want to leave her in the balcony, it is a strong recipe for complaints, because lonely dogs will develop the habit of barking (which other residents will object to). Why not keep her indoors if your parents are going to be at home during the day?

P.S - dog boarding will not be cheap. Decent ones charge anywhere between 400-800 per day, and that is excluding food costs. With a 3-4 month period, it will very well reach an astronomical amount of 50-60k . Home is the best (and safest) option in my opinion. Hope that helped!

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th August 2012 at 10:59.
Old 17th August 2012, 01:33   #2888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
No matter what boarding kennel it is, they will not match the amount of care and hygiene level the dog receives at home. My suggestion is - keep her in your apartment itself. I don't believe anyone in the apartment will object to the dog, provided you take her out for the necessary stuff every day , without dirtying the apartment premises. Even if they do object, tell them it is only for a few months when your parents are staying with you.
Yes, Thanks for your thoughtful inputs Karthik. It will definitely help in my final decision. I too is inclined in keep her with me, but let me see how things stack up
Old 17th August 2012, 18:02   #2889
BHPian

Anyone interested in adopting a healthy 10 months old male Golden Lab in Delhi may get in touch with me. He is in perfect healthy and hyper active. My parents are unable to look after him due to his hyper activity.
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:18   #2890
BHPian

Finally, got some time to upload the photos of our 3-Musketeers!! Have got loads of photos to upload - but limiting to a few here.

We had adopted 3 kittens (2F/1M) way back in June2011 and then thought of giving them away again for some reasons (all these details posted in this thread earlier) . Thanks to advice from other pet-owners that we are now a very happy 7-member family (4 2-legged and 3 4-legged )

The two girls - Sweety (Black & White - Calico) and Sony (White) fighting for a pen! Guessing by the size of both, this should be an old photo.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20110802-21.41.33.jpg

Taking rest along with me.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20110827-17.11.57.jpg

A cuddly-cuddly nap!
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20110831-18.31.12.jpg

Tabby with yours truly!
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20111008-14.53.08.jpg

Sony, busy watching Animal Planet where one of her family members - a tiger - just hunted a buffalo.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20120122-19.49.32.jpg

Ufff! Why this kolaveri to disturb me
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20111123-09.01.35.jpg

Our in-house front-load washing machine engineer, Sony!
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20120331-09.44.401.jpg

Nopes! We will not let you take the car out.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20120605-21.33.55.jpg

Sony taking a fantastic rest after a hectic day.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20120722-10.28.40.jpg

For those who did not know who prayed the most for Saina Nehwal during Olympics, its our own Tabby!
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20120803-21.55.21.jpg

And, for those who did not know who enjoyed her success the most!
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20120805-18.59.46.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by callvvijay : 3rd September 2012 at 23:25.
Old 4th September 2012, 08:54   #2891
Senior - BHPian

Here is my rottie THOR playing with a iron rod. He loves things which are heavy or noisy! Give him a superbike tire and he'll lug it around all day. Hive him an empty gas cylinder(full size) and he'll toss it around all day long!

Last edited by navpreet318 : 4th September 2012 at 09:12.
Old 4th September 2012, 12:24   #2892
Senior - BHPian

I have added a silver arowana on a seperate tank, this one is around 7" and looks really good. the earlier arowana which i bought had some broken fins and that is why did not survived. but this one is quite nice one. it costed me 1200 only
Old 4th September 2012, 16:23   #2893
BHPian

Here is my brother "Gunda". He is five and a half years old. Very obedient and quite. Loves to sleep. After all this while with him, its difficult to imagine my family without him. We usually feed him pedigree with half boiled egg along with diluted milk in the morning and home food (usually curd or milk rice in the night (not too heavy) in the night.

He is a strict diet dog and gets fed only twice a day with fixed quantity. Never asks for more. Off late I have started giving him nutri choice from Virbac. A calcium and vitamin supplement. Not that he needed it but Vet suggested as it might help keeping his bone and coat well.

The first two pics are when he was 3 yrs old and the last three pics is from last year's K1000 rally. Me and my friend took him to shiddlghatta (spelling) for the rally and he seemed to be quite intrested in the sport (look at the last pic )
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0110.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0120.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0259.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0261.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0268.jpg  

Old 4th September 2012, 18:19   #2894
BHPian

Very rare to see a fit lab.

Also, most vets suggest one heavy meal only in a day for an adult pet dog, unless he/she works out really well.
Old 5th September 2012, 21:40   #2895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinidhi
Here is my brother "Gunda". He is five and a half years old. Very obedient and quite. Loves to sleep. After all this while with him, its difficult to imagine my family without him. We usually feed him pedigree with half boiled egg along with diluted milk in the morning and home food (usually curd or milk rice in the night (not too heavy) in the night.

He is a strict diet dog and gets fed only twice a day with fixed quantity. Never asks for more. Off late I have started giving him nutri choice from Virbac. A calcium and vitamin supplement. Not that he needed it but Vet suggested as it might help keeping his bone and coat well.

The first two pics are when he was 3 yrs old and the last three pics is from last year's K1000 rally. Me and my friend took him to shiddlghatta (spelling) for the rally and he seemed to be quite intrested in the sport (look at the last pic )

I too own a male lab who is 4 years old now. Just wanted to suggest you something which you posted above:

1. Avoid feeding milk to your lab. Dogs have lactose intolerance and milk is a definite NO. Yogurt which you feed him is rich in calcium and best replacement for milk.

2. Instead of giving him half boiled egg, give him raw egg. Read somewhere that raw egg helps to keep his coat healthy.

BTW your Gunda is very cute. Will love to introduce my naughty cookie to him one day. Below is latest pic of my cookie :P

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image968966089.jpg

Last edited by lazybrain : 5th September 2012 at 21:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks