Algeria 0 0%
Russia 0 0%
Korea Republic 0 0%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2014, 08:15   #346
BHPian

Re: The Football World Cup 2014 Thread

This was no Brazilian team. Was initially feeling sorry for them at 2:0, 3:0. Then, it turned to disgust. Such a team doesn't deserve to go to the finals. The Germans were in top form, while Brazil looked like a team ranked outside of 100.
Full marks to Germany, and of-course, spare a thought for the millions of Brazilians. They surely deserved better.
Old 9th July 2014, 09:46   #347
BHPian

This was a very surprising result, no matter what. Ofcourse, Ney and Thiago were their spearheads in the two halves of the ground and their absence was obviously felt. I the absence of Ney, there was hardly anyone to take on the German defence and put them into pressure or keep them in their half. But yes, 7-1 is not because of their absence. However, as well as Germans played, I fail to understand the logic by many that same fate awaits Argentines in the hands of another Europeans. As I sad earlier, Argentina would be the favorite against a Dutch team which is yet to play well against a tactically brilliant team. Argentina beating Germans in the final is a real possibility but I will get to that if and only if Argentines do their job today.
Old 9th July 2014, 10:44   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The way the Germans played, I don't think even the presence of Thiago Silva and Neymar would have made any difference!
I really do not think Germans played any better! Any team would have got similar result for such a abject display! Its wrong to say German done better job! Brazil sucked that's all. I never saw such a shoddy play from team in yellow in last 15 years!
Old 9th July 2014, 11:27   #349
Senior - BHPian

Wow! what a match, it was like watching goal replays instead of the real match. This is a perfect chance of another German - Argentina final after 1990. I am sure Argentina will win it over Netherlands, the dutch have not faced a fast & tactically attacking team as yet. My only hope the dutch do not employ their penalty hunting tactics via Robben.
Old 9th July 2014, 11:28   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wow, all those who put their money on Brazil must be bankrupt now
It was Total Annihilation, Total Humiliation with a 7-1 victory for Germany.

The way the Germans played, I don't think even the presence of Thiago Silva and Neymar would have made any difference!
Well, my money on Brazil was based on 'hope' rather than reality as my statement clearly mentioned. Without Neymar & Silva (their only defender - somewhat), I did not believe they would win; but really wanted them to.

That stupid match referee is the culprit

Today's semi - My bet is again on the Dutch.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 9th July 2014 at 11:33.
Old 9th July 2014, 11:37   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I really do not think Germans played any better! Any team would have got similar result for such a abject display! Its wrong to say German done better job! Brazil sucked that's all. I never saw such a shoddy play from team in yellow in last 15 years!
If one is a Brazilian fan, he will tell Brazil played bad. If one is a German fan, he will tell Germany was outstanding.

But no one can discount the fact that Germany was literally rocked by Brazilian till the 1st goal came by. The Germans couldn't touch the ball much after their kick off till the goal. Their lack of celebration on the first goal reveals that even they were caught a bit surprised. You never can ignore the precise finisher called Thomas Muller. If it was anybody from any other team, most probably, the ball would have hit the goalie, and the next scene would be - hands on the head expression by the striker for missing by a whisker.

Add to that, didn't Germany play selfless team effort for most of their goals? Their strikers positioned themselves well, back passed the dangerous ball right in front of the goal mouth. How can we say that they didn't play any better! If it were any other team than Germany, the score would have been only 3-1, I bet.
Old 9th July 2014, 12:10   #352
BHPian

Haven't felt this sad in a long time. And iam not even a Brazilian national. Hope they rebound quickly after this pasting.

See you Brazil in 4 years.
Old 9th July 2014, 12:18   #353
Senior - BHPian

I guess pressure got the better of Brazil. Too much dependence on Neymar. Once he was out due to injury, there was a lot of emotional outcry. This i think had a telling effect on the players. Sometimes too much emotion can bring your downfall.
Old 9th July 2014, 12:28   #354
BHPian

Brazil vs Germany was so one-sided, not worthy of being a World Cup semi-final match. I hope Netherlands beat Argentina today. Even though Germany are the favorites, I want Netherlands to win the World Cup this time. They have played the most attractive football IMO and need to overcome the chokers tag.
Old 9th July 2014, 12:55   #355
BHPian

for once was glad to see Scolari duck for cover against his usual antics , Brasil lacked finishing touch and they had mentally lost after 2-3 goal hit , after 30 mins they were just waiting to head back .Hope Argentina play well and the Referee acts correct against all jumping jacks to gain freekick
Old 9th July 2014, 12:59   #356
Team-BHP Support

do not follow football much but I remember some comment on twitter
"Brazil have Neymar, Argentina have Messi, Netherlands have Robben and Germany have a team"
Old 9th July 2014, 13:05   #357
BHPian

While Germans were tactical and ruthless 5 goals in 29 minutes and 4 in 6 minutes speaks more about the lack of quality in the Brazilian defense.

The overall quality of passing was bad, Brazil was flustered and just could not control the ball even though they had a better possession %age. They were bad when attacking in the German half the ball just seemed to bounce of the Brazilian players they could not just play.

Neuer did really well but the Brazilian team 4-6 years back would have converted every chance that this one missed in the second half.

The score line should have been 5 3 in Germans favor or a penaly shootout with 4 4 draw, Germans had completely obliterated the Brazil moral by the 30th minute; the brazillians came back hard in the second half but too late and still not their best effort
Old 9th July 2014, 13:11   #358
BHPian

Maybe Chile would have given Germans some fight. Unlucky in the shootout.
Old 9th July 2014, 13:12   #359
Senior - BHPian

Seen on Twitter - Brazil ko Bara Zalil kar diya

Brazil of today is an ordinary side. It is no patch on the great sides of '70s or '02 ones. Right now they are just a bunch of thugs. Hardly anything Brazilian about it. Its only Neymar that excites but one player does not make a team.

Germany are truly the outstanding team right now with no apparent weakness in their game. They can go on to dominate for next decade, their potential is so scary (just like Spain was till recently). You had players like Gotze (the German Messi) on the bench and the likes of Reus and Gundogan missed the tournament altogether. And then there are the likes of Drexler and Can who are gonna be the next superstars.

The other strength of Germany is that they are the only team that can play what is called the formation of the future - the 4-6-0! Play with 6 highly mobile attackers who can all interchange. Its very powerful if you can do that as you'll always have people in the middle so you can boss things. The opposition has not just one player to focus/stifle (which is the case if your team is dependent on superstars like Neymar or Messi or Ronaldo and plays thru him). Stopping 1 or 2 players is manageable for organized sides but how do you stop 6!
Old 9th July 2014, 13:32   #360
BHPian

I don't know about others but atleast for me:

Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka - THIS IS BRAZIL. (The tone in which Vin Diesel tells this to The Rock in Fast Five)

And,

Neymar, Hulk, Marcelo - This is crap..

Want Argentina to get knocked out now, and see a true European final.

-Bhargav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks