Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:12   #10771
BHPian

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Well look what i got! The super snake is here... For the sad part the m3 and the diablo sv went out of stock just at the last moment. but i am happy because this just pays off!
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-fxcam_1317533466143.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_4064.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2011, 16:21   #10772
Senior - BHPian

Here are some work in process pictures of my 1:12 Honda bike.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09975h.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09978e.jpg
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:54   #10773
Senior - BHPian

@Manish: This seems to be progress nicely. Even I have build a Honda CB750F but I think my kit was of Academy make and the size was 1:6, I am posting an old archived image of the same.

I also clicked few images of random models from my collection, I hope you guys will like these.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-14454_102137739807791_100000346962359_52854_6908837_n-1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-copy-img_0255.cr2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-copy-img_0268.cr2.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:52   #10774
BHPian

Hey Manish, the Honda model you are building is simply fantastic, the engine with the chrome crank cases and brushed aluminum cases gives it a very realistic feel. Even the chassis is amply detailed.

Bandhav, your photography is as usual, brilliant.

Continuing with my theme: "Pearls from the Orient", here is one more technological breakthrough(horizontally opposed Boxer engine) as well as a rallying legend: Subaru Impreza - 2008 Monte Carlo winner by Auto Art.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-4.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-5.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-6.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-9-1.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-9-2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-10.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:36   #10775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
@Manish: This seems to be progress nicely. Even I have build a Honda CB750F but I think my kit was of Academy make and the size was 1:6, I am posting an old archived image of the same.

I also clicked few images of random models from my collection, I hope you guys will like these.
Your honda is looking great, that blue and white wheels give a nice color combination. The build has come out clean. What color do you think that i should paint. As of now I think of red or yellow.

And your photography is awesome. We always love your pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Hey Manish, the Honda model you are building is simply fantastic, the engine with the chrome crank cases and brushed aluminum cases gives it a very realistic feel. Even the chassis is amply detailed.

Continuing with my theme: "Pearls from the Orient", here is one more technological breakthrough(horizontally opposed Boxer engine) as well as a rallying legend: Subaru Impreza - 2008 Monte Carlo winner by Auto Art.
Thanks for the kind words Amar. As for the the Subaru, one of my collegue in Singapore owns a Subaru WRX STI, she is killer. Your Subaru is also a killer. The detailing is just awesome.
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:14   #10776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Amar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Your honda is looking great, that blue and white wheels give a nice color combination. The build has come out clean. What color do you think that i should paint. As of now I think of red or yellow.

And your photography is awesome. We always love your pictures.
Manish mine was a pre-painted one, I just did the assembling and as far as build is concerned, my wife helped me finishing this up, too be honest she is the one who completed the build. All kudos to her. I am really glad you guys like my scale model pics, this makes the entire process of clicking pictures more involving.

I think out of these two options I will vote for Red as imagining a classic beauty like this in yellow is not making sense to me.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:55   #10777
BHPian

Here are two more "Godzillas" from the Orient. Strictly speaking, these cannot be referred to as Pearls!

I have posted images of these car models in the past but keeping in line with the theme they have been added again

The blue 1993 (R32) Nissan Skyline GTR, The original godzilla is a masterpiece by Kyosho while the relatively latest one of 2004-5 (R34) is by Auto Art. In my last posts, I mentioned about "automotive light weighting" in scale models and these two are perfect examples to justify my statement.

The Kyosho Nissan Skyline is indeed a very well finished car with a beautiful paint and decal job. The engine compartment is far more intricately detailed than the Auto Art R34 Skyline.

The Kyosho model is also substantially heavier than the Auto Art one which also feels plasticky!

One big plus point that Auto Art has, it has a comprehensive range of models with some very important ones like the rally / plane body Mitsubishi Lancers as well as SUVs like the Pajero, Mercedes G55, Range Rovers, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-img_1575.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1574.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1573.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1576.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1577.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1579.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1588.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1590.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1591.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1593.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 01:23   #10778
BHPian

Quote:
Here are two more "Godzillas" from the Orient. Strictly speaking, these cannot be referred to as Pearls!

I have posted images of these car models in the past but keeping in line with the theme they have been added again

The blue 1993 (R32) Nissan Skyline GTR, The original godzilla is a masterpiece by Kyosho while the relatively latest one of 2004-5 (R34) is by Auto Art. In my last posts, I mentioned about "automotive light weighting" in scale models and these two are perfect examples to justify my statement.

The Kyosho Nissan Skyline is indeed a very well finished car with a beautiful paint and decal job. The engine compartment is far more intricately detailed than the Auto Art R34 Skyline.

The Kyosho model is also substantially heavier than the Auto Art one which also feels plasticky!

One big plus point that Auto Art has, it has a comprehensive range of models with some very important ones like the rally / plane body Mitsubishi Lancers as well as SUVs like the Pajero, Mercedes G55, Range Rovers, etc.
I love them both! Thanks for sharing. would love to see the interior details too. and a question i am thinkin to buy the r34 nismo from autoart but as u mentioned lightweight do you recommend it for 6K?

Last edited by rOaD AsSaSin!! : 4th October 2011 at 01:24. Reason: spelling.
Old 4th October 2011, 13:49   #10779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I think out of these two options I will vote for Red as imagining a classic beauty like this in yellow is not making sense to me.
Thanks, even we too loved the Red color. Tomorrow being holiday, I am hoping to do painting.

Quote:
Amar your signature too screams the same . Tough I have owned 2 autoart and 1 Kyosho. I too fell kyosho's to be better.
Old 4th October 2011, 16:33   #10780
BHPian

I got my R34 for Rs. 4995/- a couple of months back. Rs. 6000/- looks to be expensive. Regardless of the model being light weight, I would recommend adding it to your collection.

Check with Automania, Mumbai who may be having both models. They have a blue colored R34 with gold rims (if I recollect correctly) which looks better than my R34.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOaD AsSaSin!! View Post
I love them both! Thanks for sharing. would love to see the interior details too. and a question i am thinkin to buy the r34 nismo from autoart but as u mentioned lightweight do you recommend it for 6K?
Old 7th October 2011, 12:05   #10781
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Just bought the 1:18 Moriss Minor by Minichamps. This is my second one after the 1:12 Morris Traveller by Sunstar.

The Scale Model Thread-141483.jpg
Old 7th October 2011, 21:00   #10782
BHPian

Manish, if your Morris Minor's colour is the same as in the image shown, it must be unique because I have seen green and that horrid pink colours of that car.

Coming to the last part on my theme on "Pearls of the Orient", this time it is a car that each one of us had in his dreams at some point of time or the other, this is the car that has won almost all kinds of rallys it took part in, along with the Swift this is one of the most sought after cars for modification:both cosmetic and mechanical.

This is the Mitsubishi Lancer in all its forms.

This is also one of the most collectable scale models and is on every collector's radar. It is indeed a pity that this car's scale models have become extremely rare, now that Auto Art has stopped producing them.

I have three of these machines (all by Auto Art) in my collection.
The white one is a plane body WRC 05 version
The yellow one is a EVO VIII stock / civilian version
The 2002 Monte Carlo entrant, my recent acquisition was bought from my friend, Ajay after searching all the scale model shops in India (there are just a handful of them!)

Giving these cars company is again an accomplished and proven off roader: the Mitsubishi Pajero. I have read a lot about the Pajero in the 4x4 vehicles section of Team Bhp. The passion members have for the Pajero is nothing short of amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-img_1535.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1533.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1531.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1537.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1538.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1543.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1544.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1551.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1549.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1548.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1547.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1555.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1554.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1558.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1563.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1565.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1571.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1569.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-img_1568.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 10:01   #10783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manish, if your Morris Minor's colour is the same as in the image shown, it must be unique because I have seen green and that horrid pink colours of that car.
I have also seen that Lilac, pink color and the obvious green. I have also seen sky blue too. As of now I have booked the brown one from him. Awaiting confirmation.

As for the lancer, you can check with Cyrus (cyrus43), he has got some form the Hotwheels, they are awesome too.

Yours are real great ones. Worthy purchase from your friend.

P.S.: Has your MGB arrived.
Old 8th October 2011, 11:22   #10784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I have also seen that Lilac, pink color and the obvious green. I have also seen sky blue too. As of now I have booked the brown one from him. Awaiting confirmation.

As for the lancer, you can check with Cyrus (cyrus43), he has got some form the Hotwheels, they are awesome too.

Yours are real great ones. Worthy purchase from your friend.

P.S.: Has your MGB arrived.
Thank you Manish. My MGB has not yet been delivered as yet. But when I tracked the USPS parcel, it says the parcel has landed in India and is awaiting custom clearance.

I have seen Cyrus's fantastic Lancers by Hotwheels.

Good that you selected this colour for the Morris. It looks best in this shade and conveys that "period" feel.
AmarPaithankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 20:00   #10785
Senior - BHPian

@Manish: Nice new addition, though I am no fan of classic and vintages but this one looks really cute.

@Amar: You seems to have pretty large collection, looking forward to see more of it here.

Clicked few pics today find these two share worthy.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-copy-img_0396.cr2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-copy-img_0419.cr2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks