Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 20:05   #10786
BHPian

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Some clean and better shots of the GT 500 SS.
Hope you guys like them.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-picture-294_edit.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-picture-296_edit.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-picture-318_edit.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-picture-2892.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-picture-2902.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-picture-3252_edit.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-picture-2983_edit2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-picture-300_edit.jpg  

rOaD AsSaSin!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 15:04   #10787
Senior - BHPian

Almost 80% assembly of the CB750F is complete, here is the picture of assembled frame, engine and wheels. the detailing is not that great cause of the acrylic paint. Hope to paint the body parts soon.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09984.jpg

Last edited by manishalive : 9th October 2011 at 15:07.
Old 10th October 2011, 16:01   #10788
Distinguished - BHPian

@ road assasin - Ive been looking forward to these pics ever since you posted the details of you order here. Fantastic !

@ Amar - Love your Pearls of the orient collection. Your cars deserve more pictures. If I can make a suggestion, maybe you could include a short writeup on the history / accomplishments of each of these cars along with the pictures. That will provide readers a unique perspective of the significance of each of these lovely machines.

@ Bandhav - Your fireblade picture was superb!

Last edited by neil.jericho : 10th October 2011 at 16:02.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 22:56   #10789
BHPian

Thank you neil sir . i will be posting more shots of my addons soon. i'm a little upset on the m3 and lambo. especially the lambo. cant seem to source any motormax or welly models here in New delhi and as on a student level autoart is way out of my budget, so will be waiting till i hear from someone.

Last edited by rOaD AsSaSin!! : 10th October 2011 at 22:58. Reason: spelling, addon.
Old 10th October 2011, 23:42   #10790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Almost 80% assembly of the CB750F is complete, here is the picture of assembled frame, engine and wheels. the detailing is not that great cause of the acrylic paint. Hope to paint the body parts soon.

Attachment 823753
Manish, the bike's looking as if it is standing in a garage (if you remove the magnifying glass from the photograph). Dimensions and size wise, the bike looks to be huge.

Looking forward to seeing the completed bike soon!

Road Assasin - Well detailed Mustang. Which make is it?

Last edited by AmarPaithankar : 10th October 2011 at 23:45.
Old 11th October 2011, 00:25   #10791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Road Assasin - Well detailed Mustang. Which make is it?
Its from Shelby collectibles. I was thinking about eleanor but then i just had to have a super snake. more detailed pics coming soon.

Last edited by rOaD AsSaSin!! : 11th October 2011 at 00:37.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:33   #10792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOaD AsSaSin!! View Post
Thank you neil sir . i will be posting more shots of my addons soon. i'm a little upset on the m3 and lambo. especially the lambo. cant seem to source any motormax or welly models here in New delhi and as on a student level autoart is way out of my budget, so will be waiting till i hear from someone.
I too couldnt find Motormax anywhere in Bangalore but Wellys are abundant here. Have you tried ordering online from any of the Indian websites dealing with scale models? Ive bought quite a few that way until I realised I would have to slow down on my shopping (only because I dont have space to put them up in my shelves anymore ). I made a decision not to buy any more cars unless I found a Motormax Aston Martin (I think I found that model while browsing through the links that you shared from your order).

Couple of weeks ago I found the Motormax Aston Martin DB9 in a mall in Chennai and headed straight for the billing counter to close my scale model shopping for the year
Old 11th October 2011, 16:00   #10793
Senior - BHPian

Here is one picture for all, build is completed, painting to start soon. It's raining every evening in Bangalore, seems only weekend I will be able to do the painting.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09990.jpg
Old 11th October 2011, 16:24   #10794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Here is one picture for all, build is completed, painting to start soon. It's raining every evening in Bangalore, seems only weekend I will be able to do the painting.

Attachment 825474
Manish, the model is looking stunning. Please paint the bike on a dry, sunny day and do not dry the parts using your earlier technique, even if you keep them in the hot sun for an hour or so, it is more than sufficient.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:31   #10795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manish, the model is looking stunning. Please paint the bike on a dry, sunny day and do not dry the parts using your earlier technique, even if you keep them in the hot sun for an hour or so, it is more than sufficient.
He he, thanks for reminding me of my earlier mishap . I have learnt the hard way, there is no shortcut to hard work. by next monday I hope to have all finished.
Old 11th October 2011, 23:45   #10796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I too couldnt find Motormax anywhere in Bangalore but Wellys are abundant here. Have you tried ordering online from any of the Indian websites dealing with scale models? Ive bought quite a few that way until I realised I would have to slow down on my shopping (only because I dont have space to put them up in my shelves anymore ). I made a decision not to buy any more cars unless I found a Motormax Aston Martin (I think I found that model while browsing through the links that you shared from your order).

Couple of weeks ago I found the Motormax Aston Martin DB9 in a mall in Chennai and headed straight for the billing counter to close my scale model shopping for the year
Yes i did find the specific welly miura on vick's site but its in yellow (i want the red one) and someone told me the boot's non functional unlike the autoart and the kyoshos which are exceptionally costly so still thinking about buying one and yes that site is awesome you get almost every model there. now i expect a few good pics of the aston from your side too.

Last edited by rOaD AsSaSin!! : 11th October 2011 at 23:48.
Old 12th October 2011, 09:53   #10797
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I took the Photo shoot of 1:18 Austin Healey by Kyosho along with 1:18 Porsche 356 by Signature Models. Here is the outcome.

The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-4.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-5.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-6.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-7.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-8.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-9.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-10.jpg

Some more to follow later.
Old 12th October 2011, 10:14   #10798
BHPian

Manish, your Austin Healey is an excellent model with that period pastel shade and so is the Porsche. Please also post shots of interiors, engine bays of both cars.

In another development, I finally received my MGB that I bought online from e Bay. The model was in good condition but the parcel was opened, probably by customs. I also had to pay almost Rs. 1000/- extra to the courier which makes the model very expensive, almost twice as much the amount I would have pay here.

This is my first and last eBay purchase!
Old 13th October 2011, 11:20   #10799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manish, your Austin Healey is an excellent model with that period pastel shade and so is the Porsche. Please also post shots of interiors, engine bays of both cars.

In another development, I finally received my MGB that I bought online from e Bay. The model was in good condition but the parcel was opened, probably by customs. I also had to pay almost Rs. 1000/- extra to the courier which makes the model very expensive, almost twice as much the amount I would have pay here.

This is my first and last eBay purchase!
Amar,

Sad to hear this. For what did you pay extra 1000 bucks, I think for customs. That should not have been charged. I think when we order we should tell the seller to mark the item as gift.

As requested here are some more pictures

The Scale Model Thread-11.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-12.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-13.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-14.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-15.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-16.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-17.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-18.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-19.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-20.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-21.jpg