Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2007, 20:16   #61
BHPian

A couple of places along the lines of Barbeque Nation.

Sheesha in Bandra (above Shoppers Stop) has nice low tables, good food (my gf loves the cheese kulchas) and of course sheesha! Only negative is that they dont serve drinks...

In which case you should head over to Mirchi in Juhu (on the terrace of Hotel Ramee International, which houses Rock Bottoms). Food isn't as good as Sheesha but they have drinks and some decent wines. Service can get pretty atrocious though when there's a crowd.

Peshawari is at the ITC in Sahar near the international airport. Easily the best Indian food I've ever had in Mumbai (Copperchimney and Khyber have both seen better days). They really put the makkhan (or cream) into the dal makhni.

Another good place for Indian food is Caravan Serai on Waterfield road in Bandra, next to China Gate. Its like a small version of Peshawari, and they have these meter long naans that are quite yummy.

Now I'm getting hungry...

Last edited by Dippy : 11th May 2010 at 16:55. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 14th January 2007, 00:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Sheesha in Bandra (above Shoppers Stop) has nice low tables, good food (my gf loves the cheese kulchas) and of course sheesha! Only negative is that they dont serve drinks...
Another good place for hookah is hookah nd tikka in bandra. Awesome combination of kababs nd hookah. The only thing is that the restaurant is a bit small and cramped. Its got some nice low tables too and comfy chairs though not as comfy as sheesha. Has anyone been to Zafran? I heard theyv got some real good food too as well as hookah.
Old 14th January 2007, 03:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude View Post
hey dude can u tell me where is peshawari located and also if u know any other places which serve nice kababs and dal makhnis

Try Pritam (Both the Dhaba and the Restaurant) at Dadar for Great Indian food, kebabs and Dal
Also try Mumbai Masala at Shivaji Park housed in the ground floor of Hotel Parkway on the sea face.
Old 14th January 2007, 11:59   #64
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
... Try Pritam (Both the Dhaba and the Restaurant) at Dadar for Great Indian food ...
I hear the owner's got a great collection of cars...
Old 14th January 2007, 12:00   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

lol@V-16, that's SELF PROMOTION!!! For those that don't know, our very own V-16 owns Pritam's.
Old 14th January 2007, 12:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

V16 I didnt know you owned that

Looks like I gotta head there soon

On the topic of food I visted Tangy Tomato a pizza joint at Carter rd next to CCD. I quite liked the pizzas they served which was a welcome change from the Dominos and Pizza Huts . I tried a ham and bacon pizza quite liked it
Old 14th January 2007, 12:39   #67
elf
BANNED

Although they have some nice thin crust pizzas, Tangy Tomato's not only a pizza joint - their Tex-Mex is quite decent even.

@Dippy: So is this the beginning of the end of your Noorani days...?
Old 14th January 2007, 13:08   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Try Pritam (Both the Dhaba and the Restaurant) at Dadar for Great Indian food, kebabs and Dal
Self-Promotion Alert!!!! Anyways definetely coming down to Pritam's
on my next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
I hear the owner's got a great collection of cars...
Elf - Poor V-16 had kindly suggested in the Mumbai Diwali Meet thread that he has contacts at Pritam da Dhaba & we should meet there & I distinctly remember you throwing the suggestion out of the window even more nicely

Last edited by iraghava : 14th January 2007 at 13:13.
Old 14th January 2007, 14:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Self-Promotion Alert!!!! Anyways definetely coming down to Pritam's
on my next trip

Elf - Poor V-16 had kindly suggested in the Mumbai Diwali Meet thread that he has contacts at Pritam da Dhaba & we should meet there & I distinctly remember you throwing the suggestion out of the window even more nicely
re the meet elfie, im glad it did'nt happen there...after seein apna true colours and also after hearing the Golden Moments episodes. No sweat just kidding.

Well i was wondering why no one had mentined them, what u guys, never been there kya? Anyways thought I'd quietly mention this and no one would know but..."THANKS TO CERTAIN MEMBERS..." seriously guys all are welcome. Just adding humour to the otherwise artery hardening thread (but yummy). I knew these comments would come from all u guys re self promotion and all that.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:42   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Another thing you should have here is a drink called Rogers(I think) which is a raspberry flavoured drink nd a good change from the usual pepsi

The drink is actually called Pallonji's

Old 25th May 2007, 00:52   #71
Senior - BHPian

Amazing sandwitch stall in bandra opposite Ruff jeans.Absolutely mouth watering stuff..
Old 25th May 2007, 10:13   #72
Team-BHP Support

V-16 where is Cafe Madras located? Is it Kings Circle? We had the best south Indian food there. Simply brilliant!
Old 25th May 2007, 10:46   #73
BANNED

Yes,

It is at king circle and is one of the best i have eaten in Mumbai.

Viper
Old 25th May 2007, 10:58   #74
Team-BHP Support

You bet Jiggy. Gogi is the man to take you to some nice eateries in Bombay!
Old 25th May 2007, 13:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

There is also a place called Mani's (I think) in Matunga, near Wellingkar college, good South Indian fast food. Especially good dosas. Great filter coffee. No seating place, they will serve you in car. If BMC van comes, expect to eat your food standing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks