Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2019, 15:37   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
It's three years since you left us, Sir. Such a wonderful person you were; the Fiat and Jeep fraternity miss you a lot.

Your golden words - "Just remember - there is only one way to do any job and that is the correct way. Either you do a perfect job or you do not do it at all. There is no other way. "
Amen!

He was alway ready to help those in need. Even during a Rally/ competition!

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 05:17   #377
BANNED

Came here to express my respect for this person. Been following his posts and threads (especially the gear ratio ones) though i wasn't a member then.

Though I'm unhappy about the fact that I couldn't say a hello to him (personally), I thought i will write it up over here. Hope this reaches you. Your guidance will long live. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd August 2019 at 16:29. Reason: Fixing capitalization
pdpyen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 12:11   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Just saw this on the news feed and thought it should be here as well

R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar-download.jpg
KartikeyaL is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 12:37   #379
Team-BHP Support

This was the second prototype, made specifically for the Europe Homologation, it is a LHD. Most of us know the first prototype (RHD) that came to EXAMM offroad event in 2010.

Details are here.
Samurai is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 18:40   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This was the second prototype, made specifically for the Europe Homologation, it is a LHD. Most of us know the first prototype (RHD) that came to EXAMM offroad event in 2010.

Details are here.
We miss Behram very badly. He was suddenly gone and too soon. Only wish he had lived till his 90's or 100's and more like most Bawas do. 50 plus for a Bawa is the age of youth. His logins at teambhp were rare and the day he logged in, he would see most the technical posts including those where enthusiasts were facing some issues with their automobiles. He would answer such issues in a very simple language on any thread that he liked and selected. Thereafter, he followed it up with his answers to the enthusiasts queries as and when desired.

His posts from 2010:-

Quote:

(1) # 92 Dear Anjan - There is no need for any foam / cloth piece on the electronic fuel pump. Even if it is there, nothing will happen even if it is made wet. Whoever has done the connections has not appreciated what I have instructed (I hope it's not you).

Please make the tee connectors as I have indicated in my procedure. I will save your photographs in my laptop, mark the changes required and repost them for your needful by tomorrow. Please understand my instructions completely and confirm, otherwise if you have specific doubts, please ask.

Please confirm to me that the electronic fuel pump is UCAL FACET make only. Other pumps do not work properly as the flow characteristics are not controlled.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

(2) # 94 Dear Anjan - please post some photographs of the fuel tank in the dicky, including the tank fuel outlet pipe position. I will then tell you exactly how to position the electronic fuel pump. The pump must be "UCAL FACET" only. I see a plastic fuel filter hanging just below the carburettor inlet connector of your car's SU carburettor. Please remove it and throw it out. Any big volume such as this in the engine compartment makes the fuel remain inside it for a relatively long time and is an open invitation to percolation / vapour lock.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

(3) #98 Dear Anjan - please follow my instructions on electronic fuel pump location and plumbing, otherwise your car will not work properly.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

The link:-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-...dmaster-8.html (My Lady Love in Black (1955 Landmaster))
Aptly shows how regularly he provided the feedback to the issue of the electronic fuel pump installation I was facing. And TOUCHWOOD, I never had any problem till today in 2020 with the last fuel pump I myself fitted on this car of mine, following Behram's instructions. And he pointed out that the fuel filter fitted in the engine bay was in the wrong place. It was my mechanic's idea. I got it shifted to the cooler, boot area near it's better and trusted friend, the fuel pump.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th September 2020 at 18:44.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 16:24   #381
BHPian

It's been almost 5 years since Behram Sir passed away.
I still recall having a long conversation with him over the phone when he was helping me resolve my Mahindra Thar issue way back in 2011. He was such a humble and a kind soul who went out of his way to help me and to be honest, he did not even need to help me! But he did and made sure that I received help from M&M.
His advice and guidance was invaluable. I used to wonder why such an accomplished individual would take time out to talk to a commoner like me? But, that was Mr Behram Dhabar for you.
A true gem, lost too early. RIP Behram Sir.
Janjua is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 16:53   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
It's been almost 5 years since Behram Sir passed away.
I still recall having a long conversation with him over the phone when he was helping me resolve my Mahindra Thar issue way back in 2011. He was such a humble and a kind soul who went out of his way to help me and to be honest, he did not even need to help me! But he did and made sure that I received help from M&M.
His advice and guidance was invaluable. I used to wonder why such an accomplished individual would take time out to talk to a commoner like me? But, that was Mr Behram Dhabar for you.
A true gem, lost too early. RIP Behram Sir.
Had a very similar experience where he helped resolve issue with my Tata Zest. Had sent engineers from Pune to Bangalore to resolve some issues.
rajesh1868 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 13:36   #383

Rest in peace Sir! Thank you so much! Your meticulously drafted wisdom will continue to help people for ages to come!

I also thank you on behalf of the many who are not members here but have benefitted from your posts. I have been one of them!

In fact, at one point in time I even sent DB sir some fan mails (texts though). He may have found a stranger texting him strange perhaps.

Greatly inspired by his discipline in maintaining his cars, in documentation and in his patient interaction with so many auto-enthusiasts!

This is my first post and could not think of any better way to start but to offer a prayer for you!

Thanks!
MASK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 19:37   #384
Senior - BHPian

April 2016, was the last time I met him at Taj, Bangalore. He spoke for hours about his retirement plans and gave some career guidance too. To succeed in whatever we do, he insisted us to - Focus, Decide and Act.

We miss you Sir.
arun1100 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 06:43   #385
Senior - BHPian

5 years since.. We miss you, Behram Sir.

Lineup of FIATs at a meet done last Sunday as a remembrance of Behram Sir.
R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar-20210808_101753.jpg
arun1100 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 14:13   #386
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Automotive shares a Nostalgia picture of Father of the Thar.

Quote:
A true visionary! The man behind the making of an icon- Behram Dhabhar, also known as Father of the Thar.
R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar-20220530_141232.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th May 2022 at 14:20.
Venkatesh is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 14:16   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice of Mahindra to continue remembering stalwarts such as Dhabar Sir. I had the opportunity of meeting him once during the Off-road event back in the days near Pune. Fine upstanding gentleman.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 08:51   #388
Senior - BHPian

6 years since you left us, Behram Sir. A Jeep and Fiat enthusiast like no other. Always high on energy like a teenager. I remember our last meet along with Bhpian Autocrat at Taj Vivanta, Blr. You had shared the retirement plan and also shared with us the restorations you wanted to take up.

Our first meet in 2010 at the Blr airport.
Name:  FB_IMG_1660100655032.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  33.7 KB

Our last meet in April 2016; 4 months before this thread was created.
R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar-p_20160423_083231_1_bf_p.jpg

Posting this Engine bay pic of my two FIAT cars, in remembrance of our beloved friend Behram Sir, the FIAT guru, who always insisted on keeping the engine bay of cars "Surgically Clean"!!
R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar-fb_img_1660100685263.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th August 2022 at 12:50. Reason: Wrapping 1 image to next line :)
arun1100 is offline   (75) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 10:36   #389

My father worked in Premier automobiles and later FIAT. Once I forwarded him a thread from Team-BHP about Padminis and he told me Mr Behram was a genius and very nice man.
shivraj737 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 11:58   #390
BHPian

Had the opportunity to interact with Mr. Behram Dhabar since college days while participating at BAJA SAEIndia events. His knowledge and passion for Jeeps was unparalleled. His demise is truly a big blow to the auto fraternity in India
Aritra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks