Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2016, 17:43   #286
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar

Terrible news.
Though we never met but I always admired him.
He was such enthusiastic.
Will pray for his soul.
Old 11th August 2016, 18:32   #287
BHPian

A shocking news indeed. And a huge loss to the enthusiast community. I had seen Dhabhar Sir only through his many posts here which I read, and took an instant liking to them, as so many of us did. I didn't know him personally like many people here did, but yet this news came across as truly saddening. What made me respect him the most was an obvious fact: he was an automotive engineer, AND an enthusiast, both of the very highest order, combined into one person. A rare and wonderful combination.
He had posted here just the last day before his death, and thus didn't fail to give us his usual "Best Regards" even before signing off for one last time.
From now on, whenever I turn my head to gaze at an ongoing Thar, the eyes will always try to find Dhabhar Sir's soul in it.
Rest In Peace Sir, the community has lost a real stalwart with your demise.
Old 11th August 2016, 19:28   #288
BHPian

Oh no.. That's really very sad. We are going to miss him forever. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 11th August 2016, 19:37   #289
BHPian

I saw this news yesterday on Twitter and was shocked. Though I never met him personally, I have followed his threads, especially the Thar thread where is passion for automobiles was quite evident along with his ever helpful nature. This is a great loss to the Indian automotive community. RIP sir!
Old 11th August 2016, 19:56   #290
BHPian

R.I.P BD Sir. You will live on in our hearts forever.
Old 11th August 2016, 20:04   #291

Deeply saddened by the news. May his soul rest in peace. My thoughts are with his family - may they find the strength to tide over this difficult hour.
Old 11th August 2016, 20:51   #292
BHPian

A loss that cannot be replaced. RIP Behram Dhabar sir !!!!
Old 11th August 2016, 22:54   #293
BHPian

Words can't describe how I felt when I read the news that Behram sir was no more ..

I was at my hospital in my department busy with my patients, got few minutes to have a cup of coffee, thought will just check my whatsapp messages, there was this new friend of mine who had called me regarding some restoration enquires few days back, saying that ..
" Sir, I thought I would let you know about one person called Mr. Behram Dhabar, who passed away this morning at Pune while on his way to work. I don't know who he is, but when I was going through your Fiat Millecento restoration thread on TBHP, saw the importance and respect you had for him, so thought of letting you know the sad news "

It took few minutes for me to believe what I just read, so frantically called him to know from where he got the news. He said through some Fiat friends of his.

There I was, just sitting in my consulting room in the hospital staring blank at the walls, yet to digest what I just heard.
Just the previous night was thinking about talking to Behram sir the next day regarding few doubts about my Millecento. Thought of calling him during the his lunch hours as I normally do when I need to talk to him. Now who would I call ..

He was gem of a person, kind hearted, tough when it comes to anything about cars, who always had time for everyone and would patiently clear all your doubts and queries. To me, Behram sir, you were my guiding light during Fiat restoration.

I Was very fortunate to meet him about 2 years ago when I was in Mumbai for a conference. He Invited me to his home, introduced me to his family. I had some excellent Parsi food at his house along with his wife. Talked for about 2 hours sitting in his dinning table regarding my Fiat Millecentos restoration. He surprised me by giving me a Fiat engine tappet cover, which he had personally gone to the chor bazaar and got it for me. I asked how did he know that I needed that, he said he had read my thread on TBHP where I had mentioned that I was looking for one, and he refused to take any money for it. That was his kind of concern he had for people whom he knew. Now that engine cover is one thing I will cherish having it my whole life. He promised me that he would visit Coimbatore and check on my car. Now that would be an un fulfilled dream for me.

Dear Behram sir you will be missed dearly. I am sure there would not be another person who could match you or make up for your loss. I am sure you are in a better place looking over me and my Millecento, and checking out on TBHP as usual as ever.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers every time I drive my Fiat Millecento.

My heartfelt deep condolences to your family.

THE ANGELS LOOKED DOWN FROM HEAVEN ONE NIGHT
THEY SEARCHED FOR MILES AFAR,
AND DEEP WITHIN THE DISTANCE
THEY COULD SEE A SHINING STAR.

THEY KNEW THAT VERY INSTANT
THAT THE STAR WAS THEIRS TO GAIN,
SO THEY TOOK YOU UP TO HEAVEN
FOREVER TO REMAIN.

LOOK DOWN ON US FROM HEAVEN
KEEP US FREE FROM HURT AND PAIN,
YOU'll ALWAYS BE WITHIN MY HEART
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.

RIP BEHRAM SIR !
Attached Thumbnails
R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Drkannant : 11th August 2016 at 22:56.
Drkannant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 00:07   #294
BHPian

I only knew him through TBHP threads and never interacted with him. But I always admired his passion for automobiles. It's routine to come across teenagers and youngsters with strong and radical ideas/ideals about automobiles, ideas that get diluted as they get older, get wives and kids, and settle into the mundane life. But when a grown man who has spent his whole career in the auto business talks with the same passion, you stand up and take notice. I silently admired him, idolized him, and respected him for his knowledge.

I hope and pray that his legacy will live on in the auto industry.
Old 12th August 2016, 00:49   #295
Team-BHP Support

No words for this sudden loss, RIP Behram Sir. You will be remembered for a long long time to come!
Old 12th August 2016, 01:00   #296
BHPian

I don't recall the last time I had felt so bad on the demise of someone with whom I have never met or talked. I always used to read Behram sir's posts with great interest. When I saw this thread it took me some seconds to realize what had actually happened.
Sir even though I haven't interacted with you ever but it felt like I have known you for years.
Dear sir, you will be missed terribly. R.I.P.
Old 12th August 2016, 01:55   #297
BHPian

Sad to know this. Some people touch our heart and can not explain why.
RIP Sir.
Old 12th August 2016, 08:31   #298
BHPian

May his soul rest in peace. My condolence and prayers for his family and friends.
Old 12th August 2016, 08:56   #299
Senior - BHPian

RIP B.D Sir, you will always be missed. I always loved your detailed explanation and guidance to do the correct thing, especially while restoring old cars. I am fortunate to drive the Storme and experience the subtle improvements made under your guidance. This forum will always be lesser for the lack of you..
Old 12th August 2016, 09:28   #300
BHPian

Never met him or talked to him. But I started admiring him a few years back after reading his posts on the Padmini restoration and Thar related threads. He was an encyclopedia!
May his soul rest in peace.

Sir you will be missed by all of us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks