Old 13th August 2016, 10:20   #316
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar

R.I.P. Behram sir,
my Condolences to the family.
Old 13th August 2016, 10:40   #317
BHPian

It's a huge, huge loss to our community. I can't believe this. My hands are shaking while typing.
May his soul rest in peace. My Condolences to his family.
Old 13th August 2016, 11:40   #318
BHPian

RIP behram sir didn't know him but have read some of his very informative posts.condolences to the family.
Old 13th August 2016, 12:16   #319
Senior - BHPian

Behram sir has provided valuable advice on many topics such as wheel alignment or headlight aiming. Would it be possible to compile a separate thread of these pearls of automotive wisdom so all can go through and learn a bit more about cars? Just a thought. It would be a nice tribute to this great automobile guru.
Old 13th August 2016, 12:54   #320
BHPian

Sad news. A big loss to the forum, his passion for automobiles and the unique posting style will be missed. Never got a chance to meet him, however always made a point to check out his posts.

God bless his soul.

Last edited by trek : 13th August 2016 at 12:57.
Old 13th August 2016, 19:53   #321
BHPian

Dear Sir, rest in peace. I never knew that you are Father of Mahindra Thar. I think the respect for Thar in my mind has grown manifold now. Though I must accept that I always associated you with formidable Tata Safari. I saw how forum members always looked for your advice on any issue and your words used to be considered as gospel.

Another amazing quality that I always observed in you was your humbleness. It always reminded me of the saying 'A tree laden with fruits always bends low'.

And finally, may God gives enough strength to the bereaved family to cope with this untimely departure.
Old 13th August 2016, 22:00   #322
BHPian

I'm fairly new at TBHP. I visit when I have time, don't post much. Even I knew about BD Sir and have read his threads. Speaks volumes for his knowledge, his sharing, and his enthusiasm. RIP, Sir. You will be missed. Heartfelt condolences to his family.
Old 13th August 2016, 22:24   #323
BHPian

Condolences to the family. The community has suffered a great loss. He was a great ambassador for Indian Motoring, automobile evolution and his vision will continue to illuminate the path for generations to come.
Old 13th August 2016, 23:35   #324

He is an inspiration to me. The dedication and love that he have towards automobile with immense knowledge about each and every part is highly commendable. Condolences to the family.

(Assuming I am having conversation with BD sir)
Dear Behram Dhabhar sir,
I am unfortunate that I never got a chance to have a word with you. I am a member in your era too, but not an approved member. I am starting my Team BHP journey with your blessings through this first post.
I want to thank you for giving us your baby "Mahindra THAR".

RIP Behram Dhabar sir, we miss you.
Old 14th August 2016, 09:35   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Behram sir has provided valuable advice on many topics such as wheel alignment or headlight aiming. Would it be possible to compile a separate thread of these pearls of automotive wisdom so all can go through and learn a bit more about cars? Just a thought. It would be a nice tribute to this great automobile guru.
+1. His posts on jeeps are invaluable. We can compile all his posts.
Ps- I hit the like button whenever I come across any of his posts. My lil way of paying him tribute. Miss you sir.

Last edited by Akib Khan : 14th August 2016 at 09:36.
Old 14th August 2016, 12:05   #326
BHPian

Of late I have been a 'skimmer' on Tbhp, flying through the threads and stopping only if I come across something interesting. But whenever I came across a post by Dhabhar Behram (DB), I would invariably stop and read it fully.

Though I never had the fortune of interacting with him in person; from the years of reading his posts, I have this feeling that I do know him personally.

DB was all over Tbhp. His stats speak for themselves - 3,054 posts (0.92 posts per day), Thanked 4291 times. And I am sure there must have been a few thousand PMs and responses between him and Tbhp'ians directly.

He was among the walking-talking 'Automobile Encyclopedias', who saw the Indian automobile industry grow from it's nascent license-quota days. Having worked with PAL, M&M and Tata; he was among the real stalwarts of the Indian Auto Industry.

While his love for the FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini and the Thar is well documented here, he was knowledgeable about almost anything that has wheels and/or an engine! Just look at the depth and breadth of his posts to understand what I mean.

And almost all of his posts had one thing in common; he had not been corrupted by the SMS style of communication that most of us have come to use. His posts would invariably start with "Dear xxxx" and end with a "Best regards, Behram Dhabhar".

His last post was :
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ranjit Singhji - I am waiting to see 1 lakh kms coming up in your vehicle's odometer one day! ...
My answer to your PM on brakes is that, the phenomenon you mention is called "morning sickness"! ...

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
We'll miss your presence Sirji!
Old 14th August 2016, 21:08   #327
BHPian

RIP Behram Dhabhar sir!!!!
Old 14th August 2016, 22:55   #328
Senior - BHPian

RIP Behram Sir, My sincere condolences to the Family.
Old 15th August 2016, 11:52   #329
BHPian

Heartfelt condolences to the family members. May God give them strength to tide over the loss.
Old 15th August 2016, 16:58   #330
BHPian

I can't believe this. Behram Dhabarji was always there in every 4x4 thread with invaluable advice. He was one who had done it all when it came to vehicle mods and restoration, and always quick and candid to steer you away from disaster. His helpfulness, passion and experience will be missed by us all. Every jeep lover will owe him forever for giving us the opportunity to own a factory built jeep.

Drive on!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks