Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 11:35   #346
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Behram Dhabhar

R.I.P BD Sir.

I thought I would meet him at least once but lo and behold that would only be a dream!!!

Your posts in TBHP would live a lifetime and would nourish the 4X4 children Behramji
Old 18th August 2016, 17:53   #347
RAC
BHPian

RIP Mr. Behram. A true T-Bhpian to the core. My interaction with Mr. Behram during the time I bought Bolero left me as a fan of his willingness to help and advise, knowledge, spirit and him as a person.

You will be missed.
Old 18th August 2016, 21:52   #348
BHPian

RIP, Mr Behram Dhabhar.

I did not have the kind fortune to meet him in person, but having read his posts on the Jeep, 4x4 and Fiat threads, he was a treasure trove of experience and information.

The loss to our community will be irreplaceable.My heartfelt condolence to the family.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th August 2016 at 10:31. Reason: typo
Old 19th August 2016, 18:06   #349
Senior - BHPian

R.I.P. Mr Dhabhar. Nothing can come close to filling this deep void left behind in the Indian automotive scene. May God give Cyrus and the family great strength to tide over this loss.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:58   #350
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Kashmira Aspi Rao shares the following via email:

Quote:
I was overwhelmed to read so many messages from persons who personally knew Behram as also from those who had only spoken to him or read his posts on this site.

I had all but forgotten about Team-BHP when my cousin pointed out that I must visit the site and read about Behram. By this message, we (his wife Veera and the family) thank you all for keeping his memory alive on this site. Let me share with you some wonderful and some funny moments that I spent with him.

On being asked what would you become when you grow up, his reply was Engine Driver. Accompanied by our aunt, we would regularly visit the Bombay Central station and the two of us would run upto the fire engine and Behram would surprise the engine driver by asking questions like a pro. Impressed by his knowledge and love for engines, one engine driver gave us a ride in the engine - and we continued to blow the whistle - upto Dadar station. The driver came to leave us out of the station as we were 'ticketless travellers'.

By the time he was 14, Behram knew how to drive the car and had gained fair knowledge of the car's engine. Once when the car stalled while our mother was driving, he was able to pinpoint the problem which later the mechanic confirmed. Sunday afternoons were reserved for just him and me going on short drives around Dadar's Five Gardens which sometimes would extend upto Sion in the north and Worli in the south (without our dear father's knowledge, of course) with blaring hindi film music all the way.

With Behram at the wheel, I was so carefree, as I knew that he is in full control of the car. Behram was quite disappointed when, in spite of all training, I could not drive owing to road fright. To entice me he had said that he will gift me a car. My dear brother kept his promise when, at the age of 40, I finally shed my road fright and impressed him with my driving skills. No decision on cars was ever taken by our close and extended families without Behram's expert advice. He is no longer there to advice, but I feel certain that he will guide us were we to frame the question in our mind and think of him at the same time. We have heard of people dying in the arms of their loved ones. Behram breathed his last while sitting in his car.

My sister-in-law says he had told her that if I die, I will die in the car. Behram was a man of words and he indeed kept his promise. His little sister prays for the progress of his soul into the higher realms of the universe where there is no traffic congestion.

Your ever-loving sister Kashmira
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:39   #351
Team-BHP Support

Lovely note by his sis, GTO. I met Behram only once that too shortly at Sam's funeral and he was as nutty and passionate as everyone says. I guess being passionate also means you are a little bit of a nut. RIP Behram. Your passion and 'madness' will be missed.
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:51   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Kashmira Aspi Rao shares the following via email:
Beautiful. Thank you for passing on this exquisite tribute.
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:08   #353
BHPian

Thanks GTO. That message was indeed special and will remain in our memories along with his posts, for a long long time.
Old 24th August 2016, 17:47   #354
Senior - BHPian

The Auto enthusiasts have lost a dear friend. A great loss to all of us.
DB will always remain in my memories as long as I live.
May his soul rest in peace.
Old 24th August 2016, 18:33   #355
BHPian

What a loss! RIP sir.

Never got to meet DB sir but his posts were enough to understand what a passionate and knowledgeable person he was.

His sister's message is so touching. Hope she and the rest of his family find strength to bear such a loss.
Old 25th August 2016, 13:06   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Kashmira Aspi Rao shares the following via email: I was overwhelmed to read so many messages from persons who personally knew Behram as also from those who had only spoken to him or read his posts on this site.
The passing of Behram Dhabhar at such a young age is a terrible loss to the Team BHP community. My sincerest condolences to his family... Cyrus, Ms. Rao and others: if you are reading this, I would like you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you can find some solace in Helen Keller’s words: "what we have once enjoyed we can never lose… all that we love deeply becomes a part of us."

I unfortunately never got to meet Mr. Dhabhar in person, but gleaned a lot of information from his knowledgeable (and often mischievous!) posts. Indeed, one of my most treasured experiences on this forum was an exchange we had regarding his beloved Thar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Hawkeye269 - hello to you. First of all, I would like to thank you for your above post, where you have compiled what went into MH01V521. It is already helping many enthusiastic TeamBHPians out here. I also liked your typical british writing style with a good amount of flair, as it made for some good reading. I am indeed grateful! .
Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Like I said, we unfortunately never got to meet for one reason or the other. I'll always regret that we couldn't follow up on his invitation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Hawkeye269 - thanks for your PM Shree, I am in "aamchi mumbai" on weekends. Do PM me your contact number, I will be delighted to meet you.
You are correct, the real pleasure of life is in pushing envelopes, whether you push performance, reliability or people. Yes, the very raison d'ętre of this forum is the sharing of knowledge, ज्ञानं परमं ध्येयम्, as knowledge is the ultimate goal
Let's meet!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
But I know I speak for all Team BHP-ians when I say the best way to cherish his memory is to continue sharing our love and knowledge of all things automotive. ज्ञानं परमं ध्येयम् indeed.

How fitting that a man as passionate as him about automobiles breathed his last while sitting in his car. It's almost as if Emily Dickinson had him in mind when she wrote:

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.

Rest in peace, Behram, and may you find eternal joy in steering your MH-01-V-521 across the Great Trail In The Sky!!
Old 28th August 2016, 02:15   #357
BHPian

With a sad heart, best wishes for the next life Mr Behram.

I remember the prompt information he gave me regarding free mounting replacement by Honda for some Civic models some years ago. He was an ace and great chap at it. Hats off, Sir!
Old 28th August 2016, 04:17   #358
BHPian

Shocked and saddened by this. The forum has lost a loved and respected knowledgeable person. RIP, mate.
Old 28th August 2016, 08:40   #359
Senior - BHPian

RIP Sri Behram Dhabhar. Praying to almighty to give all his family members the strength and peace to tide over this situation.

Came across this thread late and very sad to hear about the untimely demise. Just could not believe it.

Even yesterday I searched out his posts for reading which were all well written advising every one beginning with a Hello.
We will miss his technical knowledge and the invaluable advise.

Last edited by rajeev k : 28th August 2016 at 08:42.
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:23   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Behram Tehmtan Dhabhar (BTD), fondly referred to as BD Sir in the automotive industry and among friends. A man who was born to do only one thing - work and be with cars. Surprisingly, even his name has resemblance to Bottom Top Dead Center, an automotive jargon. I know him since past 9 years, and can very safely say, he came on this earth to do nothing but work on cars.

I joined M&M in August 2007 as a trainee and had the privilege and honor of working with BD Sir for 4 years. My first project - Thar Export & Domestic versions were created under his sole vision & leadership. In 2007 I was the first trainee reporting to BD Sir who was then GM R&D at Nasik,
You are so lucky to work with him man.
I also feel that his demise is a loss to the automobile fraternity, Fiat/Thar community in particular.
I had great respect for him even though I have not seen him in person.
I became his ardent fan the moment I started reading his thread on the LHD Fiat he procured from Kottayam, Kerala.
I am choked for words to describe him and about his vast knowledge on cars.

Last edited by rajeev k : 2nd September 2016 at 13:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks