Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 14:30   #511
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Been to "Vishnoji Ki Rasoi" near to Erandwane,Mhatre Bridge ( Siddhi Gardens-100 feet road) with family and friends last week. This is heritage setup with combination of food delicacies from Maharashtra and Punjab. The prices are decent, so is the cleanliness, ambience, crowd and the taste.

The choice is ample, one supporting memory were shorba, moong bhaji, bhaakri, zoonaka, baingan massala, thaalipith, tadka daal, paneer, puran poli, patyaa chi bhaaj, harbhara masala bhaat, lot of starters/salads/chutnies/paapad/breads,selection of kulfis

Mind well - expect this as sophisticated dhaaba and no plush setup
- vegetarian restaurant
-ample of parking in and around
- not crowded even on Sunday (by Pune standard)
- self service/buffet options @ seperate places

The food costs ~ 300/person (evening) , 200/person (day time)

Recommeded as good offbeat option ..restaurant contact# 94206 96642

Bon Appetit

PS - No commercial interest with VKR
Old 26th June 2014, 14:36   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
Been to "Vishnoji Ki Rasoi" near to Erandwane,Mhatre Bridge ( Siddhi Gardens-100 feet road) with family and friends last week. This is heritage setup with combination of food delicacies from Maharashtra and Punjab. The prices are decent, so is the
Bon Appetit

PS - No commercial interest with VKR
I agree. The restaurant serves very authentic Marathi food. Overall a nice experience.
Old 26th June 2014, 15:42   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Just out of curiosity how did you find out the chicken was not cleaned properly? Did they allow you to enter the cooking area? Or did the chicken taste bad and you had upset stomach?
Chicken had skin on it, and traces of blood.
Didnt eat it when I noticed blood, so no chances of upset stomach etc
Old 13th July 2014, 16:05   #514
BHPian

I want to totally recommend against a place called "Laziz Pizza" in Aundh. It is just below Jai Hind right at Parihar Chowk.
Worst Pizza I ever had. I had a medium one with tomatoes, capsicum and onion toppings. The toppings were not cooked at all. Felt raw. I mean the oven heat never reached it. The cheese they spread was more than generous which is welcome in normal situations but here the cheese is some sort of weird. Not sure how to explain. But I am never again going to have anything here. Same goes for garlic bread.

Please avoid going to this place. An udipi hotel like shiv sagar serves better pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 13th July 2014, 19:36   #515
Senior - BHPian

Visited cafe eastwood near city pride kothrud. Its a decent place for affordable drinking and non veg. Interior is like a lounge with frames and antique things on the wall, but it is also good for family dinner. Try chicken chillada kabab and barbeque chicken in starsters. Very tasty i must say.
Old 13th July 2014, 22:38   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried Bohemian at Club Oasis on NDA road last night. We usually eat in the open section of Oasis but it was wet due to rain. Tried cream of chicken soup which was excellent with some very subtle seasoning. A prawn starter with some Indian dry sauce was very good too. Mains were a couple of wood oven pizzas. They were the highlight. Cheese garlic was basic but brilliant. Sundried tomato pesto chicken was also good. Without drinks or desserts the bill came to just over 1000 for three. Which is not bad at all!
Old 14th July 2014, 11:21   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Visited cafe eastwood near city pride kothrud. Its a decent place for affordable drinking and non veg. Interior is like a lounge with frames and antique things on the wall, but it is also good for family dinner. Try chicken chillada kabab and barbeque chicken in starsters. Very tasty i must say.

Eastwood Cafe is my new favorite since the day it has opened. Very affordable liquor rates and awesome snacks. Must try items are Chicken in Oyster sauce, butter garlic prawns and chicken steak. The service is also awesome and the plus point is that ample parking space.
Old 14th July 2014, 12:11   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Eastwood Cafe is my new favorite since the day it has opened. Very affordable liquor rates and awesome snacks. Must try items are Chicken in Oyster sauce, butter garlic prawns and chicken steak. The service is also awesome and the plus point is that ample parking space.

Thanks for the suggestions, i am going to eastwood tomorrow for dinner . I will surly order these items. Eastwood is my favourate because it is near my house and i can go home by walking if i get drunk. also i think it is the only lounge in kothrud with ambiance like hidden place kn k.p or few other places in k.p.
Old 15th July 2014, 10:23   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Been to "Vishnoji Ki Rasoi" near to Erandwane,Mhatre Bridge ( Siddhi Gardens-100 feet road) with family and friends last week. This is heritage setup with combination of food delicacies from Maharashtra and Punjab. The prices are decent, so is the cleanliness, ambience, crowd and the taste.
Another weekend and another visit to make the hunger pangs calm down, this time on the same street of Siddhi Garden. However another of place is "Multi Spice Restaurant", a vegetarian multi cuisine restaurant. It is diagonally opposite to "Vishnoji Ki Rasoi".

I have visited the place with friends over weekend. Although the place is huge, however the hotel management seems hell bent to milk every single square feet of restaurant. The tables and seating is so closely located that on a quiter day you can hear the neighbouring patron whispering (warning for some ), however it being Sunday - the place was overcrowded and that was my main put off to have any meaningful chat with friends. The overcast weather, the huge crowd, cosy seating, subsequent noise level and the smoke induced by sizzlers served made it really uncomfortable.

I would still rate the place for good food quality as well as the quick and courteous service.I found better than the most eateries in Pune. The soups, starters, tandoor roti, noodles, punjabi dishes were found great and one can wash/top it with parsi kulfi.

Our 5 people group ended up spending Rs. 1850, so not exactly a value for money but same time not in the league of the costliest.

In summary, a good taste assured to add lots of variety dishes in near vicinity of Kothrud/Deccan/Erandwane.

A caution - Avoid over weekends and go only after ensuring no political/big family functions around in lawns/gardens in vicinity to ensure some traffic sanity, parking availability and peace of mind
Old 15th July 2014, 12:32   #520
BHPian

Quote:
I also tried Kerela Curry Leaves, and yes they have 2 outlets in Kothrud. One at Maharaja Complex in Bhusari Colony and the other one near Kranti Wines at More Vidyalaya Bus stop. The latter being just a pick-up point.
The outlet next to Kranti Wines at More Vidyalaya Bus stop is closed now...
Old 15th July 2014, 13:10   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
<rant alert/>

- A friend tells me Vohuman Cafe is on the block too; and might get sold/closed. Is this true?

[/url]
Vohuman Cafe still stands.

The only thing missing is the Luna of the old man which you always find parked outside the entrance of Vohuman. Had Bun Maska + Chai two days in a row a week back. Same old feeling. And the same old witty man at the counter. Asked him for a tissue and he took out a roll and told me "Hath dhowanu nathi, ___" you can fill in the blanks if you know Gujrati .
Old 16th July 2014, 17:52   #522
BHPian

Friends,

With the month of Ramadan going on, all newspapers are carrying news items about the great street food available in the heart of the city, after sunset. I want to give it a try, but if anyone has any pointers about good joints for this, I would appreciate the help!

Thanks!
Old 16th July 2014, 23:17   #523
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Friends,

With the month of Ramadan going on, all newspapers are carrying news items about the great street food available in the heart of the city, after sunset. I want to give it a try, but if anyone has any pointers about good joints for this, I would appreciate the help!

Thanks!
Go Straight to Kausarbaug near NIBM road. I believe Shariff caterers have put up huge stall their ! I was there last saturday and had a wonderful dinner. Just make sure you reach there by say 08:00 PM to enjoy most of the dishes.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:14   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Friends,

Thanks!

You may also try Imdadi Caterers. Take the lane besides Rosary School (near BAVARIA MOTORS) , keep going straight and then on the left side of the lane you would see a big board with led lights. Parking is an issue if you plan to take your car, two wheeler parking is sufficient. I have been there 5-6 times since Ramadan has started. Murg Mussalam, Beef seekh, Beef roll, Beef Dalcha are the dishes worth trying. And not to forget Firni,Kashmiri Colddrink and Falooda
Old 21st July 2014, 12:52   #525
BHPian

Quote:
You may also try Imdadi Caterers. Take the lane besides Rosary School (near BAVARIA MOTORS) , keep going straight and then on the left side of the lane you would see a big board with led lights. Parking is an issue if you plan to take your car, two wheeler parking is sufficient. I have been there 5-6 times since Ramadan has started. Murg Mussalam, Beef seekh, Beef roll, Beef Dalcha are the dishes worth trying. And not to forget Firni,Kashmiri Colddrink and Falooda
@KaandBaaz, thanks for the tip! I enjoyed a nice dinner on Saturday evening at Imdadi Caterers. With your perfect directions, it was not possible to miss it! Looking at the width of the lane, we chose to park the car much ahead, and looking at the mess at the time of return, it was a wise decision...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Go Straight to Kausarbaug near NIBM road.
@NMS, did not get a chance to drive to NIBM road last weekend. Will try this Saturday...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks