Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 00:18   #706
BHPian

Need Help Friends

After going through this thread & looking at you RC cars i felt like riding mine.
Got up to recharge the batteries but sadly there was a liquid kind of thing coming out (touched them after 3 years) so dint dare to charge them.

Now i need 24 rechargeable cell's.But the car's have kind of lost it.They don't turn like the way they used to,the controller range is stuck sometimes.

But i love these cars, any way i could get them to perform like yours ?
I don't even mind putting up things & making a complete different chassis & just put these bodies over it.

So what all options do i have ?

I want them to be fast,long ranged. In short better controlling.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-08122009021.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-08122009023.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-08122009033.jpg  

Last edited by Neil.Bhujbal : 9th December 2009 at 00:21.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:56   #707

Hey Neil,

Your cars look neat. If you don't mind could you please tell me what brand are these cars and IF possible the internal picture of the car... that is without the top cover would help us give u better suggestion.

As for now form what i can see these are just indoor toys and not Radio controlled cars. There is a huge difference between Normal Remote control toys and Our Big Boy Toys.

I think ppl here would only be able to help you if we know what lying beneath the hood.

As for the bodies these similar kind bodies cars are also available in the Radio controlled models. As the cars what we were racing with do something like 100Kmph + and they are real tricky at time to handle.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:04   #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BRC View Post
IF I am not wrong it the RTR comes with a 0.28 size engine about the engine i would like to share this information to you... which i found on one of the Force distributors in UK..

" FCE2801 .28 Pull start engine

Force engines make many engines for many of the Worlds RC companies. The latest HPI Savage X is fitted with a Force .28 (4.6cc) manufactured engine hence the F4.6, the "F" standing for Force.
This replacement unit is a direct fit in a HPI Savage X and can be fitted in almost any modern day 1/8th Buggy/Truggy/Car. The Force .28 (4.6cc) has identical power characteristics and mounting of the clutch, air filter and engine mounts."

I think there is nothing more to say about this engine.... as till now the savage is got the best engine which is the F4.6 as I also own one of these engines and i love its torque...
Did you upgrade your servos accordingly?. I will upgrade it once my engine wears off. You said this engine is very cheap also rite?
Old 9th December 2009, 11:47   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BRC View Post
Hey Neil,

Your cars look neat. If you don't mind could you please tell me what brand are these cars and IF possible the internal picture of the car... that is without the top cover would help us give u better suggestion.

As for now form what i can see these are just indoor toys and not Radio controlled cars. There is a huge difference between Normal Remote control toys and Our Big Boy Toys.

I think ppl here would only be able to help you if we know what lying beneath the hood.

As for the bodies these similar kind bodies cars are also available in the Radio controlled models. As the cars what we were racing with do something like 100Kmph + and they are real tricky at time to handle.
Yes these are the normal indoor remote control cars with forward,reverse,left & right options on remote.

Will post the chassis pic's in some time as i need to open them & i cant do that in front of everyone. The layout is pretty simple,one small motor to turn the wheels left-right & one big motor with the drive shafts coming out from both the sides onto which the rear wheels are fixed.

Last edited by Neil.Bhujbal : 9th December 2009 at 12:04.
Old 13th December 2009, 06:02   #710
BHPian

Here's my 1/10 scale traxxas slash jerry whelchel edition. Now the problem is, i also ordered a 7 cell hump batt and traxxas charger with it. But it seems the charger has gone kaput. The traxxas has special connectors and hence buying the usual charger wont help unless i have a seperate traxxas connector as well. It is advisable to convert the cars connector into a molex type and then buy the charger from it. Will converting the connector into a molex type affect the performance of the vehicle?
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-1.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-4.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-6.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-8.jpg  

Old 13th December 2009, 15:40   #711
Senior - BHPian

Traxxas connectors are low resistance connectors like deans. Avoid using molex connectors. You can buy the connectors and solder them. Check with indianhobbies. I saw the Traxxas connectors with them a while ago.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 13th December 2009 at 15:41.
Old 14th December 2009, 21:01   #712
BHPian

I am heading to Chennai for Christmas weekend. Anyone can suggest places in Chennai where one can buy RC cars - both electric & Nitro versions?
Old 15th December 2009, 10:10   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I am heading to Chennai for Christmas weekend. Anyone can suggest places in Chennai where one can buy RC cars - both electric & Nitro versions?
We bought it from Bangalore. In chennai Mr. Aravind of rotor.co.in has both but not much of a variety.. Model Art in Bangalore forum mall has a lot of variety. Check it out. When you come to Chennai we can head out to the Track for racing Rc Cars..
Old 15th December 2009, 14:50   #714
Senior - BHPian

HPI Bullet

Here is a new range of HPI trucks. The Bullet ST & Bullet MT. Comes with Flux brushless system as well as Nitro Engine. Looks Interesting !
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-hpibulletstfluxnitrooffroadtruck1.jpg  

Old 15th December 2009, 18:45   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Here is a new range of HPI trucks. The Bullet ST & Bullet MT. Comes with Flux brushless system as well as Nitro Engine. Looks Interesting !
Dont think much is new in these. Looks very similar in construction to a Hot Bodies 1/10 model (cant recollect the name). So seems to be a clone. Even the tyres were of the same pattern.

No mention of the Radio except that its a 2 channel. I know I have been complaining too much.. come on HPI, please kick the AM/FM radios. Even cheap RTRs have 2.4GHz Radios.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:05   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Dont think much is new in these. Looks very similar in construction to a Hot Bodies 1/10 model (cant recollect the name).
Here we go, its the same as HB GT10. See attached image. Old wine in new bottle.

I think Traxxas is the best innovator in the RC industry today. They revolutionised the RTR concept. They popularised the CORR truck category with the SLASH which at $199 RTR is the fastest growing racing segment in the US especially for begginers.

They have taken it to the next level with the 4x4 Slash.We see key players like Tamiya and Kyosho reusing the same platform for every new release. For example the TT-01 and DF-03 onroad and offroad platform.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-hb20lightning20bild2.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2010, 13:59   #717

Tt St1 : 2007

Hi guys,

I believe very few here have the 8th scale Thunder tiger ST-1 truggy. I bought mine in 2007 for 26k. So far, who ever sees my truggy assumes it to be a new one, spanking clean and looks fersh out of the box. I dont bash as such but do some fast staright runs. I am looking forward to add a buku 28 pipe and a 2 speed shifter. Some pics.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:01   #718

Hi...Planning to get petrol based RC car

Dear All,

I am planning to buy petrol based RC cars and browsed through some sites and not sure which one is the best esp for India( for getting spares,cheap on maintanence...etc)..

Can any one guide me getting me a one..I am looking for a monster trucks or one which has a good ground clerance...

I am from Coimbatore...will I get better deals here in India or should I go for abroad??

Thansk & Regards
Naveen.
Old 15th January 2010, 07:56   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navingovin View Post
Dear All,

I am planning to buy petrol based RC cars and browsed through some sites and not sure which one is the best esp for India( for getting spares,cheap on maintanence...etc)..

Can any one guide me getting me a one..I am looking for a monster trucks or one which has a good ground clerance...

I am from Coimbatore...will I get better deals here in India or should I go for abroad??

Thansk & Regards
Naveen.
Hey Naveen,

Most of the Top Brands are available in India. I would suggest you try HPI cars. The dealer for HPI is an bangalore... you can contact them directly.

Try this site www.hpieurope.com
Old 16th January 2010, 19:43   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other regular expected things like brushless power, 2.4Ghz Radio etc (HPI are you listening?).
Quote:
Guess we will see more RTR packages with this radio. There is no reason why models like the Baja RTRs should come with basic FM radios anymore. Look at Losi, most of the models, even cheap electrics have the Spectrum radio.
Quote:
No mention of the Radio except that its a 2 channel. I know I have been complaining too much.. come on HPI, please kick the AM/FM radios. Even cheap RTRs have 2.4GHz Radios.
Great news for prospective HPI owners, 2.4Ghz radios coming on RTR. First on the Baja 5B and 5T. Maybe HPI was watching this thread and listened to my cribbing across all forums.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-5b_24ghz.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks