Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 21:44   #631

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Nice stuff dude. It will perform even better with a set of those now.

I also bought me a buggy. But only bigger. The Baja SS. Build it in two days. Here are the Pics:
Key Kapil, your Baja looks great!! congrats!! please post some action shots
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:15   #632
Senior - BHPian

New 2 channel Radio from Futaba, 2PL 2.4GHz, quite cheap at 200 Sing $ at Singapore Hobby Supplies. Best time to shift to 2.4GHz for cars. Retains most of the common features like multi-model memory, ABS, fail-safe etc.

Guess we will see more RTR packages with this radio. There is no reason why models like the Baja RTRs should come with basic FM radios anymore. Look at Losi, most of the models, even cheap electrics have the Spectrum radio.

http://shop.singahobby.com/?q=node/19238

Last edited by mail4ajo : 22nd August 2009 at 01:21.
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:07   #633
BHPian

@bhp - new tyres look nice!!

@kapil - please post some action shots of the baja, nice paintjob!!

@ajo - All HPI cars should come with 2.4ghz radios. AM radios are a pain when a large group of people meet up.

AFAIK HPI is moving onto 2.4ghz from jan 2010 onwards.
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:31   #634

SANWA Wins at ROAR 2009

At the ROAR Nitro Offroad National Championships, Ryan Maifield running the M11X took 1st place in 1/8th Nitro Truggy Class! Ryan runs for Team Associated with his M11X and has put YET ANOTHER 1st Place National Title in The M11X Win Column.

Not to be out-done, Adam Drake has won the 1/8th buggy class with his trusted M11. Adam has been a HUGE supporter of Airtronics for years and has taken his M11 to podium finishes at both the National and World level over and over again.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:56   #635
BHPian

@R.P.M and @meteor

Thanks guys. Will definitely put some pics up in a few days.
Old 25th August 2009, 18:10   #636
BHPian

Bought a HPI Racing Firestorm FLUX 4 days ago. Loving the power of the brushless system. Takes a little time getting used to.

Using a upgraded futaba servo, 4pk with 603 fs recevier and a Hyperion 3rd gen 2S 25C 5000mah battery pack.

Need to use to castelink to reduce throttle punch and increase drag brake.

Will post a few pics soon.
Old 25th August 2009, 18:18   #637
BHPian

Dude. You have a 4pk. Me too. Why not decrease the throttle rate from there and increase the brake? It makes a difference but unless you need a lot more, then use the computer. What say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
Bought a HPI Racing Firestorm FLUX 4 days ago. Loving the power of the brushless system. Takes a little time getting used to.

Using a upgraded futaba servo, 4pk with 603 fs recevier and a Hyperion 3rd gen 2S 25C 5000mah battery pack.

Need to use to castelink to reduce throttle punch and increase drag brake.

Will post a few pics soon.
@RPM.
Dude! I have the same motor setup in my Sprint 2 Flux. But I'm not really making much use of it. Which new chassis do You suggest I drop that into? I have a crawler converted wheely king with low gearing but that thing is still too fast for that. What do you suggest? Shall I drop it in the Slash or Blitz counterpart?

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st August 2009 at 22:09. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 26th August 2009, 12:48   #638
BHPian

@kapil: The 4pk controls are extensive but using the throttle and braking curve has made a lot of differnence. But the drag brake function is something that can be done thru the computer only.

At about 30% drag brake and then fine tuning the throttle curve from the 4PK will make the car more controllable.

I would suggest you use the motor/esc setup with the SC8E or the blitz.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:10   #639
Senior - BHPian

TT Sparrowhawk XXB

The SPARROWHAWK XXB is Thunder Tiger's first-ever brushless motor-equipped 4WD 1/10th scale buggy. It has ACE RC brushless system.

The SPARROWHAWK XXB is factory-equipped with the latest ACE RC brushless ESC & RIPPER brushless motor to push the electric-powered R/C car into the next ultimate level. Packed with the latest technology, the SPARROWHAWK XXB is simply unbeatable.

It also comes with ACE RC R/C Cougar 2.4G pistol type transmitter.

Thunder Tiger's RIPPER brushless motors are sensorless-type motors, and that means nearly twice more efficient than brushed motors but with much less maintenance!

Those seeking higher speeds, more extreme torques, radical accelarations, then the SPARROWHAWK XXB is exactly what you are looking for!
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-tt1.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-tt2.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-tt3.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-tt4.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-tt5.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-tt6.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-tt7.jpg  

Old 27th August 2009, 18:42   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
The SPARROWHAWK XXB is Thunder Tiger's first-ever brushless motor-equipped 4WD 1/10th scale buggy.
Awesome... I have the brushed version and had a lot of fun with it. Now with the many upgrades, its even better. The best upgrades, I feel are better shock caps, steel turnbuckles, wider arms and of course the 2.4 GHz Radio.

Even TT, a not very serious in cars company has started providing new technology radios on cheap RTRs. HPI shouldnt wait anymore. Losi is already in the race.

I recently spoke to the Singapore distributor, Walter Lee of Rotor who is supposed to very close to the big boss at TT. Since the meeting was arranged by a friend, I gave a lot of feedback on TT's key quality issues as multi TT model user. He patiently listened and promised to carry the feedback to TT. I also spoke to him about HPI's excellant brand image in India.

As far as I have heard, TT lacks great car designers like HPI does and TT main focus is on Helis and Aircraft.

HPI has the best designers who they roped from Kyosho. The Baja itself is based on the early 80's Kyosho buggies.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 27th August 2009 at 18:44.
Old 31st August 2009, 19:02   #641
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering if any of you are using a work stand while tinkering with your RCs. I found it very tiring to clean and replace stuff without a high stand. I first used high stools, buckets, step ladder and even the kitchen table top. Use of these stuff has been banned at home, so decided to get a work stand done.

I am using these models as a base. I want to make the holding table round so that it can suit all types of cars. The stand must rotate and be able to hold a few tools. Should be easy to carry to the field. Any suggestions or pics of your work stand will help me on this.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-stand.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-work-stand.jpg  

Old 1st September 2009, 10:13   #642
BHPian

@ajo - I use the aluminium work stand for the savage x from integy. It does not hold a baja, but it does accomodate all cars 1/8 size or smaller.
Old 6th September 2009, 15:38   #643
BHPian

Baja 5b SS

Hey guys. I took my buggy to the airstrip near my house for a flat out run and decided to chase it with my car.

Managed to touch a decent and almost 80km/h reading. Not bad at all for a stock HPI Baja 5b.

I also added a bumper to it and guess what, the Savage bumper is a direct fit, and very reasonable one too, on the Baja 5b's nose. I hope you enjoy what you see.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc00122-medium.jpg  

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 6th September 2009 at 15:52.
Old 6th September 2009, 18:24   #644
BHPian

nice video... when you jammed the throttle at 50 kmph you can see the baja taking off. Next time get a vid of the baja side by side.

The savage bumper is good low cost option. Looks nice.

Waiting to see a vid of muras 30.5cc baja
Old 10th September 2009, 20:20   #645
Senior - BHPian

Look whose making inroads into the exciting 1/5 scale market.... CEN RACING. They have 30cc engine 4WD buggies and trucks, a welcome addition. Guess HPI will have a 4WD soon.

Iceman, are you getting this??

Looks very very similar to FS Racing buggies and from some angles to MCD also.
Attached Thumbnails
The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc09250.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-dsc09245.jpg  

The Radio / Remote Control Cars Thread. (RC)-1520promo.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks