Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 15:41   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: R.I.P. Steeroid (Santhosh Gopalan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duboy View Post
This is Varun, Santhosh’s son. I have been reading all your kind messages on this thread over the last few days, but it took a while to find the credentials to this account.
Someone pointed out an old interaction between us. It made me choke, so I had to respond here.

Those of us in our 40s and 50s usually prepare to deal with the death of our elders who are in their 70s and 80s. Even then it hits very hard. I lost my father when I was 46, and it took me many months to accept that reality.

But Santhosh was younger than me by 20 months or so, and one never thinks of younger people passing away before self. So it is kind of nerve-wracking and soul shaking when it happens.

Anyway, we had met when you all visited my home in Manipal in 2010. You and my son (almost 19 now) played together then, you probably may not remember.
Old 29th July 2019, 18:47   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Depressed to hear this. More than anyone else, it was his passionate posts on the Safari 4x4 that nearly made me buy one way back. May his soul rest in peace!
Old 29th July 2019, 19:40   #138
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Extremely sad news. May he rest in peace.
Old 25th August 2019, 23:08   #139
Senior - BHPian

I got to hear about it through fellow Bhpian Carfreak. 2006 was a great year as I got to meet this great guy. On my last visit to Dubai, had planned to meet him but somehow couldnt as he had some surprise engagement.

A true loss !! He will be missed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks