Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2022, 14:11   #211
BHPian

Re: Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?

Hey guys,
Looking for recommendations for transport services. A friend needs to transport his VW Vento from Mumbai to Electronic City, Bangalore. Would appreciate any leads or references
Old 21st May 2023, 11:57   #212

Folks, I am looking for pros and cons of moving a new XL6 from Delhi to Bangalore via 1. transport method vs 2. self-drive (with myself + 1 driver).

I don't mind driving long distances and will cover it in <3 days. I do mind bad roads if driving and delays in transport if taking that option.

Any idea of approximate cost now, in mid-2023? (I see Leo's review in the thread and I'm checking with them.)
Old 21st May 2023, 22:35   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfog View Post
Folks, I am looking for pros and cons of moving a new XL6 from Delhi to Bangalore via 1. transport method vs 2. self-drive (with myself + 1 driver).
If it is a new car, I suggest you get your dealer to arrange for transportation. Accept a reasonable time-frame. Going through the dealer is likely to be more expensive, but at least MS can monitor the transport of your new car.

More than the bad roads, it is the heat upto June-end in MP and Rajasthan and then the mud once you hit the monsoon zone in Maharashtra.

Driving a new car, even after the break-in period, in high temperatures impact overall long-term performance. Outside temps cross 38 C till mid-June in MP.
mygodbole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:14   #214

Quote:
I do mind bad roads if driving and delays in transport if taking that option.

Any idea of approximate cost now, in mid-2023?
After getting a quote from 2 different movers, I realized that I do mind paying 1.5% of car cost in transit insurance premium. That'll be ~2 lakhs. Not happening for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
If it is a new car, I suggest you get your dealer to arrange for transportation.

More than the bad roads, it is the heat upto June-end in MP and Rajasthan and then the mud once you hit the monsoon zone in Maharashtra.

Driving a new car, even after the break-in period, in high temperatures impact overall long-term performance.
Thank you @mygodbole for the insightful response. A few questions, if you don't mind, please.
  • Dealer isn't interested and told me to explore options on my own. If someone doesn't want to do it, I don't want to force them to do it for me. Reluctance leads to shoddy work.
  • I've decided to drive and wish to take Delhi > Agra > Jabalpur > Nagpur > Bangalore route. I assume that the roads are good and because of it the monsoons/mud won't be an issue. I won't take Rajasthan route (say, via Kota). Would roads be OK on this route? Would mud be an issue, beyond a car wash?
  • Please help me understand the impact on the performance when driving in high temp. I shall be driving it back after 1k km on the Odo and after getting its first service done.
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:30   #215
BHPian

Check the relevant route guide pages for road conditions, diversions, fuel and food stops.

Excess heat is not good for any machine, so I can only urge driving sedately during hot hours.

Stay hydrated, take proper rest/breaks and enjoy the drive.

Write a travelogue afterwards.

Drive safe.
mygodbole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 13:28   #216
BHPian

I want to move my new car from Gurgaon to Bangalore, does any company provide dedicated flatbed transport vehicle? I don't mind paying extra for dedicated transport vehicle.
Old 22nd September 2023, 16:30   #217

I'm planning to transport my Brezza from Delhi to Bangalore, and after going through this thread, I've figured out that APML (Topiwala) seems to be okay, but I'm still quite hesitant. I've also received quotes from Nobroker, but they are not willing to insure the car. Please suggest what to do. Additionally, driving down to Bangalore is not an option for me since I only started driving last year and have only been on the highway once, from Gurgaon to Mathura.
Old 19th October 2023, 18:25   #218
BHPian

We used APML (https://www.agarwalpackers.com/) in 2022 to transport my father's Mahindra XUV 500, which was over 9 years old then, from Delhi to Guwahati.
The initial quote by APML was around 50,000 INR. Later, we negotiated to around 43,000 INR.(The bulk of the discount was because I chose to drive to their Gurgaon warehouse and pick up the vehicle from the Guwahati warehouse. I did so not because of the money but because I wanted to minimize the amount of driving done by APML's driver.)

Also, we had another shipment including two carpets for which we were charged around 7,000 more. We were told that the carpets would be packed and sent in some other storage container. But, later when I went to deliver the car to their Gurgaon warehouse(narsinghpur), they wrapped the carpets in plastic and put in inside the car itself.

As per odometer reading, the car was driven for 2 KMs. I was told that it was driven within the warehouse while loading in Gurgaon, when the car carrier was changed in Kolkata warehouse, and while being unloaded from the carrier in Guwahati.
The car was dirty but there wasn't any visible damages. I paid their staff in Guwahati to wash the car.

Though it was expensive, I was fairly happy with their service. Time taken was 11 days(including days of drop and pick-up). So, the transit time is likely to be 9 days.

APML Gurgaon warehouse
Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?-apml-gurgaon-2.jpg

Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?-apml-gurgaon.jpg

APML Guwahati warehouse

Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?-apml-guwahati-2.jpg

Whats the Best way to transport a car or bike?-apml-guwahati.jpg

Last edited by skywalker18 : 19th October 2023 at 18:31.
skywalker18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:50   #219
BHPian

Hey there!

In a bit of a dilemma right now, I need to transport a car from Ludhiana to Hyderabad and need suggestions for which transport company to go with. Driving all the way is unfeasible and the car can be driven down to Delhi, if needed.

Any leads would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 28th November 2023, 14:16   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I don't mind driving long distances and will cover it in <3 days. I do mind bad roads if driving and delays in transport if taking that option.

Any idea of approximate cost now, in mid-2023? (I see Leo's review in the thread and I'm checking with them.)
Drive down. No issue in driving these new modern cars for long distances right out of factory. I do not think heat is going to be any issue on the car. It will be for the humans. So, plan your journey accordingly. Do not worry about heat affecting the car. Nothing is going to happen to it.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 13:11   #221

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Hello Folks,

I am planning to ship my Swift Zxi 2015 from Gurgaon to Bangalore.

Have gone through a lot of BHP threads and understand that its quite a risky move choosing the Packers & Movers option. Although driving myself is not an option for now.

I have got a quote from APML at 28K (Negotiated to 26K). Website link as follows: https://www.agarwalpackers.com/

I have also contacted Riya Cargo Gurgaon, google review are really bad but one of my friend have used their service 3-4 times and says it is just satisfactory (Small accessories were stolen).

Please suggest and advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th March 2024, 14:57   #222
BHPian

Transport service recommendations for car transport

Hi All,
Was looking for a dedicated thread on this but couldn't find. A friend of mine needs to ship a brand new luxury SUV to be registered at Noida to Bangalore.

After reading stories such as this was wondering how to find a good transportation service using container and what are the recommended ones?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...-movers-2.html (My harrowing experience | Transporting my car from Om International Movers)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks