Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 16:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

BTW the dates are 21st or 22nd of May.
Old 12th May 2009, 16:17   #77
BHPian

Hmmmm , guess we might have more than just one visitor from Bangalore for the 22nd night meet !
Old 12th May 2009, 16:23   #78
BHPian

Be evil and don't let anyone drive the RS for 600km, you go in it.

I sure you can get friends or Bhpians to drive the second car down. Safer than giving it in the hands of those transporters, scratches and stains aren't uncommon.
Old 12th May 2009, 16:32   #79
Team-BHP Support

Change thread title to something like this:
Can you drive my car from B'lore to Hyd. Fuel, food and return ticket taken care off.
Old 12th May 2009, 17:59   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Change thread title to something like this:
Can you drive my car from B'lore to Hyd. Fuel, food and return ticket taken care off.
Not really, In fact they should pay to karthik for driving it down to Hyderabad since we know what will happen if a TBHP'ian gets behind the wheel of an vRS, so it's like an experience offered

Jokes Apart, it is cheaper to drive the car down to Hyderabad. Check with some drivers, they would be happy to drive it over and provide them a return bus/train ticket with Rs.500 bucks as a fee, i am sure you will find more than one willing driver to do it.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th May 2009 at 18:01.
Old 13th May 2009, 20:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

*BUMP*
Need some help here!!
Old 14th May 2009, 00:58   #82
BHPian

Do you or any of your relatives have a driver that they can spare for a couple of days? If not, make two trips!
Old 14th May 2009, 13:07   #83

HEllo TBHPians,

I am transporting my i10 from Gurgaon to Bangalore(infact its on the way) any one has any idea as to how many days it takes in the transit.

The transporter moves Maruti cars from their gurgaon factory across the country. The cost came out to be Rs.8500 + taxes/chungi(new car)....(should not be much as it is a defense personnel owned car).

If any one needs the number of the guy PM me...the quality of his services can be established once my car reaches me.

Anubhav
Old 28th September 2009, 23:16   #84
BHPian

Guys, my car is stranded in the relatively remote Sangla, Himachal Pradesh. Currently it's semi operational, i.e. it can be started and driven up a truck ramp, but not more than that. I desperately need to transport it back to Delhi for repairs, but this being the apple season, all the local trucks are demanding exorbitant amounts of money.
The car can't be towed as some of the initial roads are extremely bad+twisty and the car engine also can't be kept running for more than a few minutes.
I would really appreciate any suggestions or advice as to what i should do..

P.S. Sangla is 590 km from Delhi, about 230 km further up from Shimla.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:01   #85
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry can View Post
I desperately need to transport it back to Delhi for repairs, but this being the apple season, all the local trucks are demanding exorbitant amounts of money.
Why don't you check if a nearby mechanic would do what needs to be done and get the car running again? If so, just drive her back.

If not, I think your best bet is going to be bargaining with the truck operators and finalise with whoever gives you the best rate.
Old 30th September 2009, 21:47   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why don't you check if a nearby mechanic would do what needs to be done and get the car running again? If so, just drive her back.

If not, I think your best bet is going to be bargaining with the truck operators and finalise with whoever gives you the best rate.
Thanks GTO. I guess, like you suggested, i will have to wait and try to get a good deal from the truckers. Btw my car's a Palio 1.2 nv.
The only good local mechanic says he'll have to change the piston rings, head gasket etc. - That seems like a virtual overhaul to me!! But somehow i'm not too confident in getting the piston rings etc. changed here. I dunno how proficient they'd be in taking apart and putting together a Palio, plus won't the engine timing and all have to be re-adjusted after all this work? I don't think they'd be equipped for all that in Sangla.
What do you think?

And how my dear car got into such a dire situation is, :( well another story...
Old 1st October 2009, 15:52   #87
BHPian

Hi all, luckily stumbled upon this thread. My situation is a different one but close to the subject of this thread. My native is chennai and now relocated to delhi for work. In another 6 months or 1 year, i would re-locate back to Chennai. Now I badly need a car to commute from dwarka to DLF cyber city. Have shortlisted Linea. But my dilemma is, to get Linea from Chennai or Delhi. Because within a year I would go back to Chennai and at that time re-registering linea or obtaining a NOC doesnt seem to be a wise decison, since I am new to Delhi and Hindi. Also, not wise to drive a Delhi registered car in Chennai, then it will be like a halwa for the CCTP. So, what my idea is, can I buy linea in chennai, register it and ask fiat to transport it to Delhi? Is this option available? Or arrange a packer and mover and transport it here? Please suggest. PS: I have mailed fiat CC regarding the same ans awaiting a reply.
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:42   #88
BHPian

Continuing the discussion on this thread, I need to transfer my car (Ford Fusion) from Bombay to Bangalore. This is a newly purchased used-car. While the inspection of the car suggests it is fine, I would not want to risk someone driving it down.

What would my possible options be? And how much would it cost?

Based on an earlier reference in this thread, I called up Kishore Transport (who transfer vehicles for Tata Motors and Hyundai) and I was given a quote of 9000 bucks/6 days for this. Insurance would not be included.

Does my car insurance cover any possible damage on such a trip?
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Can we expect losses or delay at this point of time due to rains creating havoc in major parts of the South ? N. Karnataka, Andra..
Old 9th November 2009, 16:39   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post

Both stated that the standard cost does not include any sort of transit insurance for the car. However, it is offered at 1.5% of the cars value.
Agarwal packers say there is no need to take any other insurance as your car insurance is sufficient enough.

Can someone clarify regarding this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks