Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2024, 15:59   #196
CDM
BHPian

Re: Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
They found a vacant slot on a switch in the street behind us and pulled cables from there. Finally, they were able to complete the installation.
This is what I have been telling them. They only have to shift 5 houses away but refuse to do so!

CDM
Old 5th April 2024, 10:06   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
While I have not used Jio's own mesh system, I have had no problems whatsoever with the Motorola mesh system (MH7023) at home.

I just have one TP-Link Modem which is connected to the CCTV set-up at home. There is a TV with Jio's STB in there too. It randomly asks me to connect to Jio's own modem / device, since I have already faced this issue, I am reluctant to try anything else and wanted to know about this first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
May be service is better in big metros so your mileage may vary. Personally, as far as customer care goes these are the worst of all. Even previous worst VI/Idea pales in comparison.
Thieves is what they are. Its not a deep hole to lose thousand bucks, but its the principle.
Wouldn't touch this service with a 10 feet pole.
Service is good everywhere unless you come across a glitch. They are not competent enough to solve this. Plus, it's humanly impossible to speak with a human on customer care and explain your issue. It's all automated .

Reason why I wanted to know abut Jio's own mesh router, but the guy who oversees operations at my place is not co-operative and does not know about this device. BSNL's service is extremely poor and Airtel's service too leaves a lot to be desired, you are forced to pick among the worst.

Since I have removed external modems, I am facing no issues as such.

One tip / trick - Apply for a new connection, it will be done in a jiffy.
Old 5th April 2024, 21:49   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
it's humanly impossible to speak with a human on customer care and explain your issue. It's all automated .
Right on. And more the urgency, harder to talk to a person. I must have spent hours listening to "hold" music. And when some human does talk, they refer matter to someone higher up and it continues. Like I said, it is maddening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One tip / trick - Apply for a new connection, it will be done in a jiffy.
That thought did come to my mind but I was already done with the service and didn't want to give a single rupee more to them. Airtel has been fine, *touches wood*
Old 5th April 2024, 22:37   #199
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I did the mistake of subscribing to Air fibre with a 6 month prepaid plan. The Services is as usual horrible. The speed varies a lot and if router wants a break, it will just go ahead.

No refunds if I wish to dis-connect so decided to live with it till it expires. Worst of it all, this is a post paid connection so must disconnect before bill is generated. Intend to close it 15 days before and move over to Airtel.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 15:09   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Using Jio Fiber since 3+ years and on the 100 mbps plan since the start. I am in South Bangalore.
Meanwhile I switched over to the 999 Plan on JioFiber since last 3 months and happy with the move from ACT to Jio Fiber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I did the mistake of subscribing to Air fibre with a 6 month prepaid plan. The Services is as usual horrible. The speed varies a lot and if router wants a break, it will just go ahead.
Sorry to hear this. After I switched over Jio Fiber at my place - wanted to do the same at my parents house in a different area of BLR as well - but Jio Fiber was not available and they did a big push towards AirFiber - somehow declined the offer. Looks like AirFiber is still not a mature product...
Old 26th April 2024, 00:44   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Same here. Subscribed yesterday only to find the router behave erratically with inconsistent speeds.
Moreover, no live TV browsing experience especially for English movies over HBO, WB, and the likes. My parents will take ages to get used to this interface.

Only positive is the 4K box and cheaper price for WiFi plus TV.

Also, I too have a tplink router to which CCTVs are connected and am unable to configure this router as a bridge to jio's router. Looks like the latter doesn't support WDS (am not sure, just assuming).

So I'll have to hold on till 6months and get them removed soon after.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks