Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2023, 21:31   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying from AliExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Has anyone bought anything recently on AliExpress? As they do not ship to India anymore, I was thinking of shipping items to my sister who resides outside India and would be visiting in the next couple of months. But I am facing issue with payments. It is canceling the order the moment I enter Indian CC. Is there any way to bypass this and pay? I tried paypal but it too failed.
Faced similar issue got a message that they not accepting orders from this region (India).
Old 13th November 2023, 10:52   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone bought anything recently on AliExpress?
I placed an order earlier this year. Delivery address was in Sweden, but paid using Indian credit card. Not sure if something has changed recently.
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:07   #243
BHPian

Quote:
It is canceling the order the moment I enter Indian CC. Is there any way to bypass this and pay? I tried paypal but it too failed.
Update: I was able to place an order successfully during 11/11 sale. Payment was done with an Indian CC and was shipped to EU.
d.w.w. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 12:03   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Faced similar issue got a message that they not accepting orders from this region (India).
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
I placed an order earlier this year. Delivery address was in Sweden, but paid using Indian credit card. Not sure if something has changed recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
Update: I was able to place an order successfully during 11/11 sale. Payment was done with an Indian CC and was shipped to EU.
In my experience, they are accepting Indian credit cards generally but NOT if the destination is India.
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:09   #245
BHPian

Miss shopping from AliExpress. Since they are not accepting shipping to India as a destination, really in a dilemma as to what would be the workaround. Cannot have small items being dispatched to family in other locations like USA for instance.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 00:17   #246
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Miss shopping from AliExpress. Since they are not accepting shipping to India as a destination, really in a dilemma as to what would be the workaround. Cannot have small items being dispatched to family in other locations like USA for instance.
You can also still use Alibaba. While it is not a direct replacement for Aliexpress, there are many items for which the sellers have a MOQ of 1 or offer a sample option. You need to search for the product you want and then for the sellers who can ship 1 unit. Worst case scenario, you can chat with the seller and see if they are willing to ship 1 quantity.

Download their app and you will get a 'sample' option.

Buying from AliExpress-screenshot_20231115163101_alibabacom.jpg

Just to be clear, Alibaba is not banned in India. Do get in touch with the seller though to confirm India shipping before placing the order.

I got 3 parcels delivered of mine delivered via Alibaba.

1st package was shipped via Aramex. Value was 6 usd plus 12 usd shipping. So 18 usd. Had to pay 744 rs custom. This came to Delhi then came to me via Delhivery.

2nd was shipped via 4px(Chinese company). Value was 8 usd plus 6 usd shipping. Total 14 usd. Was delivered by India post. No duty.

Third item was 60 usd plus 10 usd shipping and was shipped via Yanwen(Chinese company). Was delivered via Indiapost. Custom duty was 1800.

The last 2 came via Mumbai. Avoid DHL or Fedex unless you want to pay a higher duty. All my packages were delivered in 15-20 days.
AYP is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:49   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I was regularly buying from AliExpress until the pandemic. So I am aware of the charges. They always severely under-invoice, to keep the customs duty low. That is why I said they made a neat profit. This time I ordered on amazon.in to avoid China, but the order still ended up in China.
Hi. I am looking to buy a set of tail lights from AliBaba at around 100$. Shipping is 91$ apparently. Can anyone please guide me on how I should go about this and will there be any import fee or taxes. Thanks!
Old 7th December 2023, 07:05   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Had to pay 744 rs custom. This came to Delhi then came to me via Delhivery.

The last 2 came via Mumbai. Avoid DHL or Fedex unless you want to pay a higher duty. All my packages were delivered in 15-20 days.
Is the custom duty payable online or one has to physically visit the airport / warehouse / custom office ? Is there any harassment or bribe asked for ?
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 08:41   #249
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Is the custom duty payable online or one has to physically visit the airport / warehouse / custom office ? Is there any harassment or bribe asked for ?
The duty is collected by the delivery personnel at the time of delivery. Cash is the only option.
AYP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 11:02   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead1209 View Post
Hi. I am looking to buy a set of tail lights from AliBaba at around 100$. Shipping is 91$ apparently. Can anyone please guide me on how I should go about this and will there be any import fee or taxes. Thanks!
Customs duty is calculated on product price + shipping cost. So you need to pay duty for 191$. From my past purchases I found this to be roughly 46 to 47% of the cost (DHL charges also included in my case)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Depends on the website you are purchasing. Few websites (like amazon.com/uk) lets you prepay the duties. If there is no option to prepay, you have to hand over cash to the delivery person.
d.w.w. is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks