Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2021, 22:00   #196
BHPian

Re: Buying from AliExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
If it's for Thar V1, could you please provide the link to the item you ordered? I'm looking for replacement of those lights. Thanks! I was unable to find it on ebay.
Here you go:
https://asiatick.com/product/thar-le...dra-thar-crde/
Starscream1188 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 22:22   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the link. Do you find them much better than stock ones when lit? I was imagining that even the exterior design is different from stock.
Something like this :
http://www.hybridcustoms.in/product/...cement-lights/

Please excuse the site. It is a cancer. That site is exactly the reason I did not place an order. Also the light quality looks tacky.
Old 25th February 2021, 22:29   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the link. Do you find them much better than stock ones when lit? I was imagining that even the exterior design is different from stock.
Something like this :
http://www.hybridcustoms.in/product/...cement-lights/

Please excuse the site. It is a cancer. That site is exactly the reason I did not place an order. Also the light quality looks tacky.
Yes! Definitely better than the stock ones and way cheaper buying directly from asiatick. Same product elsewhere and on Amazon is 600 a pair. Also note you will have hyper flashing after you have this installed.. The load resistors mentioned on my earlier post will solve the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying from AliExpress-img_20210213_231728.jpg  

Last edited by Starscream1188 : 25th February 2021 at 22:32.
Old 26th February 2021, 19:57   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Have they lifted the ban on Aliexpress? I was able access the website and app and many sellers are offering shipment to India . I even tried placing an order and it worked (but I backed out at the payment screen as I am not sure how the customs fellows will react to seeing a parcel from China).
No, it is actually at the point of payment when you get the notice that they can’t serve you.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 16:11   #200
BHPian

I think, Aliexpress provides lot of support to DIY inventors. Support as in multiple options of cheap sourcing of parts. The parts which otherwise are really difficult to get in the local market. Either it is not available or exorbitantly priced. I am facing lot of hardship because of this now. And in general this ban is going to affect ecosystem of startup companies which rely on the parts sourced easily using aliexpress.

I have developed small product while sitting in Germany. I sourced lot many things using Aliexpress and product is finally ready. Now I am trying to produce small batch of product in India and I am facing lot of problems to find the parts. Mainly these parts are from DIY electronics category.

Take one small example of Reflow Oven for assembling electronic components named 'Reflow Oven T-962'. I got it from Aliexpress in Germany for €170. I am trying to purchase same one for India. There is no seller who can deliver to India. If by chance I find then shipping cost is escalated. In the local Indiamart listing the price indicated is Rs.42000. Anyway this is one of item, which I can carry from here. But there are lot many components like specific relays, mechanical components, power modules are not available. And I cannot buy them from Aliexpress and ship to India. Either there is no seller willing to ship to India or if there is then shipping is with DHL/FebEx which is costing a lot and changing cost equation.

Now trying to locate suppliers in India but still it is lot of headache for sample batch production. This could have been breeze if things were running smooth.
sushantr5 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 09:26   #201
BHPian

Is there currently any alternative to AliExpress? I couldn't find anything even on amazon.com that would be shipped to India.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 11:58   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Is there currently any alternative to AliExpress? I couldn't find anything even on amazon.com that would be shipped to India.
Try https://lightinthebox.com/

Thry don't have the full range of AliExpress obviously but there are a good % of Chinese products similar to AliExpress. They seem to circumvent the current situation by shipping from other locations (I got my orders sent from EU warehouses last year). Takes about 30 odd days for delivery.
ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 12:26   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I think, Aliexpress provides lot of support to DIY inventors. Support as in multiple options of cheap sourcing of parts. The parts which otherwise are really difficult to get in the local market. Either it is not available or exorbitantly priced. I am facing lot of hardship because of this now. And in general this ban is going to affect ecosystem of startup companies which rely on the parts sourced easily using aliexpress.

I have developed small product while sitting in Germany. I sourced lot many things using Aliexpress and product is finally ready. Now I am trying to produce small batch of product in India and I am facing lot of problems to find the parts. Mainly these parts are from DIY electronics category.

Take one small example of Reflow Oven for assembling electronic components named 'Reflow Oven T-962'. I got it from Aliexpress in Germany for €170. I am trying to purchase same one for India. There is no seller who can deliver to India. If by chance I find then shipping cost is escalated. In the local Indiamart listing the price indicated is Rs.42000. Anyway this is one of item, which I can carry from here. But there are lot many components like specific relays, mechanical components, power modules are not available. And I cannot buy them from Aliexpress and ship to India. Either there is no seller willing to ship to India or if there is then shipping is with DHL/FebEx which is costing a lot and changing cost equation.

Now trying to locate suppliers in India but still it is lot of headache for sample batch production. This could have been breeze if things were running smooth.
Similar problem in the astronomy community. None of these things are made in India. Its only benefiting importers who can now make money. Nobody will manufacture niche low volume stuff in India, no matter what bans or rules are made.
tsk1979 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:52   #204
Senior - BHPian

Heard that Banggood has started accepting orders for low-value items to India. I have not bought anything but do see that shipping to India is now enabled for many items.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 02:05   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Heard that Banggood has started accepting orders for low-value items to India. I have not bought anything but do see that shipping to India is now enabled for many items.
Yup my order went through a week ago for a torch and a charging cable. They charged 250 odd bucks for shipping. Let's see how it turns out.
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 08:09   #206
BHPian

Has anyone tried desertcart? I am trying to build a zigbee network for my new home starting off with 25 metres of hue compatible lighting which is either very expensive in India(Philips only option) or horrible quality products on offer. My options are easily available on AliExpress but my previous experience of holding up in customs bring me back. I came across desertcart.in looks legit but haven’t mustered the courage to pay and place an order yet. Anyone here have used the portal?
Old 13th May 2021, 16:28   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Lately Aliexpress has been operating with fake tracking numbers. I ordered a case and lens for the iPhone 11 Pro and with the fake number could not track the packet. They asked me to contact the post office but the online site said the number is not valid.

2 weeks later a packet was dumped into my letterbox and inside I found a microscope attachment for the phone. They asked me to send it back and pay for return postage which i refused. I opened a dispute and Aliexpress offered me $34 and I keep the microscope(which I do not need) or send it back at my own expense.

I have no other choice but to accept the offer. It will cost me about 40 euros to send it back to China, as much as I paid them.

I have been getting some stuff from Wish lately. They are much faster than Ali and I am billed after the goods arrive and pay to a local company and you get it for free if the goods dont arrive within the deadline.

https://www.wish.com/
Indian2003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 16:40   #208
BHPian

I ordered certain inexpensive items from DH gate just to verify if I would receive the item from China. Both items have been delivered last week. The only issue with DHgate is that most sellers have min qty that needs to be ordered, very few sellers allow ordering a single item. Also both packages seems to have been opened at customs.
Old 16th May 2021, 12:10   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
I ordered certain inexpensive items from DH gate just to verify if I would receive the item from China. Both items have been delivered last week. The only issue with DHgate is that most sellers have min qty that needs to be ordered, very few sellers allow ordering a single item. Also both packages seems to have been opened at customs.
What type of shipping did you choose and how long did it take to arrive?
Old 17th July 2021, 12:54   #210
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a set of replacement ac knobs. Aliexpress is obviously the best choice (I have searched on Banggood - doesn't seem to have any that are specifically tagged against Honda city, Wish - really expensive compared to Aliexpress, Amazon or Flipkart in India don't seem to have this item in stock).

I am able to select Shipping to India, select the shipping carrier and go to the payment page.

Is there any particular reason why Aliexpress doesn't block the shipment of this item (Honda City AC Knob) to India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks