Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2021, 13:38   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying from AliExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a set of replacement ac knobs. Aliexpress is obviously the best choice (I have searched on Banggood - doesn't seem to have any that are specifically tagged against Honda city, Wish - really expensive compared to Aliexpress, Amazon or Flipkart in India don't seem to have this item in stock).

I am able to select Shipping to India, select the shipping carrier and go to the payment page.

Is there any particular reason why Aliexpress doesn't block the shipment of this item (Honda City AC Knob) to India?
Did you placed the order already ? Try placing it the payment gets declined once you do it.
karankapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 15:13   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I am able to select Shipping to India, select the shipping carrier and go to the payment page.
Even I got a little surprised when the app let me select the shipping option and go to the payment page, but once I entered the card details and tried to proceed further, got a pop-up message that the product cannot be shipped due to local restrictions.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 15:22   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Did you placed the order already ? Try placing it the payment gets declined once you do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Even I got a little surprised when the app let me select the shipping option and go to the payment page, but once I entered the card details and tried to proceed further, got a pop-up message that the product cannot be shipped due to local restrictions.
Thanks guys. I didn't actually place the order since I wanted to check if anyone did manage to get any packages from Aliexpress delivered to their homes first.

I am not sure why the other sellers auto updated their pages with the message that the item can't be delivered to India but this ones takes you till the payment page before declining the transaction.

I guess at the end of the day I am going to have to contend with the 'gas stove knobs' that I have now.
Old 14th August 2021, 13:34   #214
BHPian

Is there any alternative to buying something from aliexpress?
Old 14th August 2021, 16:26   #215
BHPian

I really miss Aliexpress.

What makes me mad now is the highly inflated prices of few electronic stuffs in some Local shops as well as online websites, the same things being way more affordable in Aliexpress.
I think Gearbest and Banggood are still able to deliver stuff to India but not all items.
dr_TJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 17:12   #216
AZT
BHPian

Aliexpress used to be a boon. Agree on the inflated prices part. Getting the same products at 2x or 3x pricing now.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 19:28   #217
BHPian

AliExpress has no other competition, is it? I've tried DH Gate, Gearbest, Banggood - all three don't seem to have the range and variety of products as AliExpress. Not to forget about the price which is comparatively on the higher side too.

Is there anything else which is really a substitute for AliExpress?
logicalidiot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 21:36   #218
Team-BHP Support

Guys, can we use a VPN to order stuff to say, a friend based in Singapore? Does the payment part go through while using a VPN? Has anyone tried anything like this?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 21:42   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Guys, can we use a VPN to order stuff to say, a friend based in Singapore? Does the payment part go through while using a VPN? Has anyone tried anything like this?
I use a paid VPN called surfshark because they offer unlimited device installs, are endorsed by some tech YouTubers so I figured they won't probably shut shop all off a sudden, and also the service is generally stable with acceptable speeds.

Yes I do make payments over VPN and they do go through. But I've not tried it changing the location to another country and then paying.

Hope this helps
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 21:59   #220
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post

Yes I do make payments over VPN and they do go through.
You mean to say that you use VPN and successfully make payment to AliExpress for an Indian address and the product gets delivered?
Old 14th August 2021, 23:01   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
You mean to say that you use VPN and successfully make payment to AliExpress for an Indian address and the product gets delivered?
Nope. Not on Aliexpress. I meant in general shopping cases.

The block on Ali is not on Indian credit cards. It is due to Indian shipping addresses not being serviceable due to geopolitical issues. A VPN cannot be used as a work around for that.
Old 15th August 2021, 18:33   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You don't need a vpn to order from Ali. If you are shipping it to Singapore, just change the country and place the order. Also, make sure your credit card/debit has international purchases enabled.
atulsian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 23:55   #223

The last I got were products pre Pandemic.

Most of 2020 I heard things were not getting through.

Has it been better in 2021?

Someone mentioned SuperBuy as a TaoBao agent etc type but not as direct easy as Ali Ex.

I've used DX.com and AliEx in the past.

How are things now and which sites are being able to order/ deliver?
Old 4th October 2021, 10:56   #224
BHPian

just ordered a small adaptor from banggood and it came within 10 days.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 20:11   #225
BHPian

For those who want to buy from aliexpress can try buyandship.in forwarding service. You can buy from aliexpress and ship to their Hong Kong address, combine packages if many and send to India. I ordered a small item that I could not find locally and it came within 30 days to India.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks