0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2007, 03:12   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Why? What do you have against the Pakistan team?
dont have anything against them, but it would have sucked if they were there and indian wasnt...but hey we knew already that the indian team is mediocre at best
Old 24th March 2007, 03:13   #212
Senior - BHPian

Well, I'd rather not rejoice in anyone else's misery. If there is a worse cricket board and bunch of selectors than in India, it is in Pakistan. And I still hold Wasim Akram high on my list of sportstars.
Old 24th March 2007, 03:17   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I'd rather not rejoice in anyone else's misery. If there is a worse cricket board and bunch of selectors than in India, it is in Pakistan. And I still hold Wasim Akram high on my list of sportstars.
yeah true...i wish sports in india was more like in the US..where yeah, sportstars make HUGE amounts of money, but at the same time play for their team and country when the time comes.
Old 24th March 2007, 03:22   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
but at the same time play for their team and country when the time comes.
Well, I'm not sure what you mean. Except for the Dream Teams and the ice hockey Olympic team, you don't see too many American national teams, with big pro stars in them. Like Sampras, who never found time to play the Davis Cup.

No one plays sport like Australia and China. They are professional to the point of being ruthless.
Old 24th March 2007, 03:37   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure what you mean. Except for the Dream Teams and the ice hockey Olympic team, you don't see too many American national teams, with big pro stars in them. Like Sampras, who never found time to play the Davis Cup.

No one plays sport like Australia and China. They are professional to the point of being ruthless.
i will agree with you on Australia and China, but America isnt too far behind..but then again i think the proffessional leagues are more important over there...i mean America just doesnt play much world sport, other than the olympics and football/soccer hasnt really caught on in the US ever...only at the young kids level (i played soccer when i was a kid). The US Soccer team has pretty much all the good pro stars from MLS though.
Old 24th March 2007, 06:48   #216
BHPian

.. so now we can concentrate on our other things
Old 24th March 2007, 06:54   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
.. so now we can concentrate on our other things
yep..lol. Well i guess the other matches may be good
Old 24th March 2007, 07:01   #218
BHPian

I heard Berm vs ban is fixed and Ber is going to win .. so does that mean Ind goes to super 8
Old 24th March 2007, 07:13   #219
BHPian

Quote:
I heard Berm vs ban is fixed and Ber is going to win .. so does that mean Ind goes to super 8
lol...really? oh right go over to timesofindia.com and check out the fan comments section, some hillarious stuff
Old 24th March 2007, 07:26   #220
Team-BHP Support

WC 2007 : Who are you supporting today.

If Bermuda does not defeat B'desh, India is returning home, and crores is going down the drain. Sponsors are going to be in a very very bad state.
My sympathies for Sony, they paid so much for the telecast rights.
Old 24th March 2007, 07:56   #221
BHPian

Mr Mod for your kind attention.. I hope rules are same for all.

Quote:
Threads merged

Keep WC discussions to this thread only
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post396874

Mods note: Thread merged.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th March 2007 at 09:01.
Old 24th March 2007, 08:27   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I agree. But I will not quote Sachin as non performer. He is not a threat to opposition as he use to be. I repeat he has a different role to play in the team. I don't think there is any other player in the reserves who can fill the place of Sachin ( even with current form ).
Do you have to say anything about it now ?

Yesterday's game has to be one of the most disappointing games of the recent times.

Everyone was so enthu about the whole match. Me and some of the cricket freaks/geeks had gathered in my house to watch the match and needless to say very soon we were watching Star Movies. And I thank god we had decided not to watch the game after the Maestro's departure to pavilion .

Inside edge was a bit of a bad luck too but....this bad luck part has been prolonging for a very long time. Worst part is ,seeing the Indian bowling , especially that of Zaheer Kahn I thought we were going to do it this time . The guy finally got back his length , even Agarkar's ball was swinging really well. Infact i'd say if we put similar levels of bowling , we can achieve something.Even the fielding part was very encouraging.

I'd like to bring one weird thing about indian fielding though. Have you guys noticed that most of them get the ball in hand and then do their sliding action unlike other who actually slide to reach the ball.I dont understand the funda in this.

Last edited by maxbhp : 24th March 2007 at 08:29.
Old 24th March 2007, 08:32   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thats being highly optimistic, even if India makes it the super 8, they just dont deserve to.

manson.
Old 24th March 2007, 08:53   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Do you have to say anything about it now ?

Yesterday's game has to be one of the most disappointing games of the recent times.

Everyone was so enthu about the whole match. Me and some of the cricket freaks/geeks had gathered in my house to watch the match and needless to say very soon we were watching Star Movies. And I thank god we had decided not to watch the game after the Maestro's departure to pavilion .

Inside edge was a bit of a bad luck too but....this bad luck part has been prolonging for a very long time. Worst part is ,seeing the Indian bowling , especially that of Zaheer Kahn I thought we were going to do it this time . The guy finally got back his length , even Agarkar's ball was swinging really well. Infact i'd say if we put similar levels of bowling , we can achieve something.Even the fielding part was very encouraging.

I'd like to bring one weird thing about indian fielding though. Have you guys noticed that most of them get the ball in hand and then do their sliding action unlike other who actually slide to reach the ball.I dont understand the funda in this.
Buddy .. we all are equally disappointed. All I was saying was that we carried the best team to WC. There was no one to replace the big man.
Old 24th March 2007, 09:03   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If Bermuda does not defeat B'desh, India is returning home, and crores is going down the drain. Sponsors are going to be in a very very bad state.
My sympathies for Sony, they paid so much for the telecast rights.
hey no warning/comment to my fellow senior ..about why the thread is merged.

Last edited by navdeep : 24th March 2007 at 09:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks