0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 17:58   #121
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
Even now if the team management backs Kaif like it is backing Yuvraj (thanks to Greg Chappell),
I wonder what makes you say that Greg Chappell is backing him and not Kaif ?? Also if you have your facts right .. then it was Mr.Ganguly who supported for Yuvi's place in the team when he was dropped a few years ago for his callous attitude . The board didnt want him in .. but Ganguly stood by him and a lot of younger players and thats when Yuvi came back and changed his flambuoyant style . Now his off field antics and on field antics anrt too willd .

But somehow I miss the whole point .... of your debate !!!

Anyways, Im signing out of this debate ... all I can say is that India shud win their next match and go on as far as they can . But even if they return after getting knocked out in the first round , I will still watch every match of theirs and also not go around lashing them for spending too much time in advrts and crap .

GO INDIA GO ..............
Old 20th March 2007, 18:58   #122
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
I wonder what makes you say that Greg Chappell is backing him and not Kaif ?? Also if you have your facts right .. then it was Mr.Ganguly who supported for Yuvi's place in the team when he was dropped a few years ago for his callous attitude . The board didnt want him in .. but Ganguly stood by him and a lot of younger players and thats when Yuvi came back and changed his flambuoyant style . Now his off field antics and on field antics anrt too willd .

But somehow I miss the whole point .... of your debate !!!
My point is what others have been making -- performance is important, not past achievements or seniority. And people should play for the team. 30 runs in 30 deliveries is much better than 70 in 110.

When Ganguly was failing, we saw his true colours. Instead of promoting the likes of Yuvraj and Kaif at his own expense, he shunted them further down the order, bringing in people like Agarkar at No. 3. Yuvraj was coming in at No. 6 and Kaif at No. 7. How many times have we heard Boycott, Ravi Shastri, Botham et al express their amazement at a player like Yuvraj not getting an opportunity to bat. And when Greg Chappell suggested to Ganguly that he retire so that people like Yuvraj and Kaif can get their deserved opportunities, Ganguly replied they cannot be compared to him, given his experience, etc.

I am sure that Greg Chappell will back Kaif, but he has been overruled by the selection committee.

Last edited by rks : 20th March 2007 at 19:06.
Old 20th March 2007, 19:05   #123
Senior - BHPian

ok. ok. lets enjoy the world cup instead of passing judgements & arguing over nothing.

Back to the topic: The remaining 3 matches in our group are going to be very interesting indeed.
Old 20th March 2007, 19:32   #124
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Can anyone here tell me in comparison to the
last world cup how many new faces do we have in this years team ?? 2 ?? 3 ?? Its not about dropping a certain player and picking another .. Its about being able to handle the pressure .. Its about choosing between two choices as to who is better .. Right now i cant see a single soul who is capable of replacing either ganguly or sachin .. Besides they cant be flamboyant all their lives .. With years you mellow down , settle into your groove and give a platform for the other players or fort one side down ..

Its really shameful to see a few of us just sitting on our lazy posteriors and commenting on how someone ought to play and not .. If you think you are capable of teaching them how to play why not play this game yourself ?? Or get into the selection committee and choose who you would want to play ?? Its easier said than done .. Infact i have a suggestion .. Its about time to make all those who put down comments based on no personal experience to get down to play a match of cricket and see what it takes .. To get to a track day and prove what they are worth of rather than typing endlessly how MS shouldnt have retired or Kimi shouldnt have moved to ferrari or how JPM doesnt fit in F1 ..

I certainly do remember a time when Ricky Ponting had a miserable time not being able to get to double figures or when lara was being hammered by McGrath .. Were their houses ransacked too ??

Also the reason for our batting to fail consistently is because most of our batsmen are flashy .. Apart from dravid i dont see others having a very sound technique
to cope up with foreign pitches .. ganguly (pathetic with short pitched deliveries) , laxman (lack of foot movement) , sehwag (lack of foot movement again) , yuvraj (not comfy against spinners) , dhoni (again hard hitter with weird technique) .. The list is endless ..

I agree with khaadu that we ought to act like mature men and accept defeats .. Even india was in a position where bangladesh are now .. When we won the WC in 1983 did WI react the same way as we are ?? Certainly not .. Was our side even dreamt to win the WC ?? Watch it like a game , enjoy it .. Dont make it a part and parcel of your life and stop pretending to be master advocates of the game ..
Old 20th March 2007, 19:41   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
ok. ok. lets enjoy the world cup instead of passing judgements & arguing over nothing.

Back to the topic: The remaining 3 matches in our group are going to be very interesting indeed.
And the worst part is that IF WE DO BEAT SL .... and the rest happens as we expect it to , the Bangla boys will know exactly what they need to knock out SL or Ind and that means that the Ber vs Ban match will also have to be watched by us very seriously . Not that Im missing any match ....

As for the discussion going on .... lets just forget it !!! We have plenty of ppl to advocate who they think is the best or worst, who shud be picked and dropped ... and that too without ever having played any form of sport . Even my cigarette wallah thinks he can pick a better team than the selectors !!

GO INDIA GO ..................
Old 20th March 2007, 20:57   #126
Senior - BHPian

On a humorous note:

Trivia - 1

Year 1981
1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes
4. Pope Died
2 years later India won the world Cup!!!

Year 2005
4. Pope Died
2 years later will India win the world Cup ?????

Trivia -2

1982 Football World Cup won by Italy
1983 Cricket World Cup won by India

2006 Football World Cup won by Italy
2007 Cricket World Cup: INDIA ???
Old 20th March 2007, 21:04   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Errr...if 36 yr old Sachin cannot play like he used to he must move his backside out gracefully. People in certain positions are not kicked out primarily because we would like to see them retire gracefully.
I think I already mentioned .. is there anyone who can replace Sachin ... but we want him out.
We call ourselves passionate as if there aren't any in other passionate countrymen for thier respective countries. We spend most of the time being judges and throwing stones. We are not even 0.001% aware about the kind the efforts these cricketers put in.
Old 20th March 2007, 21:24   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Its really shameful to see a few of us just sitting on our lazy posteriors and commenting on how someone ought to play and not .. If you think you are capable of teaching them how to play why not play this game yourself ?? Or get into the selection committee and choose who you would want to play ?? Its easier said than done .. Infact i have a suggestion .. Its about time to make all those who put down comments based on no personal experience to get down to play a match of cricket and see what it takes .. To get to a track day and prove what they are worth of rather than typing endlessly how MS shouldnt have retired or Kimi shouldnt have moved to ferrari or how JPM doesnt fit in F1 ..
You're missing the point here. You and me are paying for this idiocy. Every time we pay our cable bill, a bit goes to the BCCI and then to the team. Every time we drink a cola some of it goes to Sachin or whoever. Let's not forget the Fiat brigade here, who paid for his car AND the import duty.

That's like saying only master chefs can be food critics. If they play in front of an audience, the audience is free to criticise them. They are free to stop playing the day they feel hurt or whatever.
Old 20th March 2007, 21:29   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
On a humorous note:

Trivia - 1

Year 1981
4. Pope Died

Year 2005
4. Pope Died

Trivia -2

LOL. I think that is the only way we can win it, by chance.

Now, on a serious note, woolmer could have been murdered to cover up match fixing facts. Read this in Zeecric.com

Latest Cricket News and Scores » Zeecric.com » Cricket news, live scores, statistics, profiles, archive, ratings and columns

Last edited by esteem_lover : 20th March 2007 at 21:44.
Old 20th March 2007, 22:08   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
On a humorous note:

Trivia - 1

Year 1981
4. Pope Died

Year 2005
4. Pope Died

Trivia -2

I think I pasted a similiar one on page 2 of this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post392550
Old 20th March 2007, 22:13   #131
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Now, on a serious note, woolmer could have been murdered to cover up match fixing facts. Read this in Zeecric.com

Latest Cricket News and Scores » Zeecric.com » Cricket news, live scores, statistics, profiles, archive, ratings and columns
A chilling report that confirms my worst fears/suspicions. Apparently Bob Woolmer was writing a book that would have exposed the nexus between cricketers and bookmakers in Pakistan, India and South Africa.

Think about the Indian performance against Bangladesh, folks-- especially by our three senior stalwarts, as detailed in this thread. Also nobody seems to have grasped the significance of Bermuda putting India in to bat. Just why the hell did they do India a favour? Seems highly suspicious to me.
Old 20th March 2007, 22:24   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently Bob Woolmer was writing a book that would have exposed the nexus between cricketers and bookmakers in Pakistan, India and South Africa.
ya even I saw that woolmer report on Star news..
Old 21st March 2007, 11:08   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Think about the Indian performance against Bangladesh, folks-- especially by our three senior stalwarts, as detailed in this thread.
Yeah, what about it RKS? The Bangladeshis played exceptionally well & our stalwarts just couldn't get them away.....what's so difficult to believe about that? Stop making it sound like a bollywood potboiler .
Old 21st March 2007, 12:18   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Yeah, what about it RKS? The Bangladeshis played exceptionally well & our stalwarts just couldn't get them away.....what's so difficult to believe about that? Stop making it sound like a bollywood potboiler .
Some people can't fathom that others can also play well at times ... and maybe on that day they just did do that . A long time ago SL also did the same , nobody thought they cud be WC .. but they came into that edition of the WC with nothing behind them except a recent One Day series win over the Aussies .

For all we know ... it could be the Bangla boys who go all the way -- who knows ??

Cheers
Old 21st March 2007, 12:29   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Some people can't fathom that others can also play well at times ... and maybe on that day they just did do that . A long time ago SL also did the same , nobody thought they cud be WC .. but they came into that edition of the WC with nothing behind them except a recent One Day series win over the Aussies .

Cheers
I agree with you..

Quote:
For all we know ... it could be the Bangla boys who go all the way -- who knows ??
but this ......
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks