Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2007, 01:10   #136
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Yeah, what about it RKS? The Bangladeshis played exceptionally well & our stalwarts just couldn't get them away.....what's so difficult to believe about that? Stop making it sound like a bollywood potboiler.
Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly managed 87 runs off 30 overs against Bangladesh in a one-day game. I have played college level cricket and I know that that is next to impossible on a decent pitch. No matter how anybody bowls, let it be Austraila or SA, leave alone Bangladesh. Note that this performance requires the rest of the team to score about 160 runs in 20 overs, in order for us to get to a total that can be barely defended (they managed 110 --not enough); is this what we expect from our experienced and best batsmen, who are supposed to lead the way? It is suspicious when taken with other events that have taken place -- Pak losing to minnows Ireland, Bob Woolmer dying in suspicious circumstances (the Pak team has to stay back while investigations are on, there was an extensive news report today that alleged that Woolmer was likely murdered).

And my cricketing experience tells me that when minnows like Bermuda win the toss against a team like India on a decent pitch they bat first. Why? Because they know fully well that they are in for a leather hunt if they field first and their batsmen would be demoralized and tired out by the time they get to bat. Again, surprising that Bermuda put India in and did us a huge favour.

You can believe that all of this is normal, I am the guy to blame for being needlessly suspicious. You can also believe that Santa Claus exists-- that is your prerogative. But please do not expect me to fall in line.

Latest news -- Sri Lanka 318, Bangladesh 30 for 4. That is more like it. That score correctly reflects the gap between a team like SL and minnows like Bangladesh.

Last edited by rks : 22nd March 2007 at 01:18.
Old 22nd March 2007, 07:37   #137
BHPian

So India needs to beat SL to go next level, as SL beat Ban by 198 runs.
Old 22nd March 2007, 08:03   #138
BHPian

I haven't been following much recently, but even if India beat SL and Bangladesh beat Bermuda, wouldn't it all come down to run rate to figure out who is going to go to the next stage?
But the worst thing would be if by any reason the India SL match would get rained out or something then both India SL come into trouble and with SL having the higher run rate currently it would go through along with Bangladesh presuming Bangladesh wins against Bermuda (which is almost a given).

Anyways, there are a lot of presumptions in those and it will be interesting to see how this group shapes up.
Old 22nd March 2007, 08:35   #139
Senior - BHPian

It is all coming to India being ousted. Very sad indeed. Unless our seniors (dravid, sachin & ganguly) play out of their skin to pull off something dramatic.
Old 22nd March 2007, 08:46   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post
I haven't been following much recently, but even if India beat SL and Bangladesh beat Bermuda, wouldn't it all come down to run rate to figure out who is going to go to the next stage?
If India wins, then on Sunday Ban have to win by a margin of 400+ runs to qualify based on runrate.
Old 22nd March 2007, 09:47   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly managed 87 runs off 30 overs against Bangladesh in a one-day game. I have played college level cricket and I know that that is next to impossible on a decent pitch.
Why then don't you call a spade a spade and say that Dravid & Tendulkar managed 21 runs only, why drag Ganguly into it .....I know you hate the man but try & put things in the right perspective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
You can also believe that Santa Claus exists-- that is your prerogative. But please do not expect me to fall in line
Actually I do believe Santa Claus exists - how else do you account for Sehwag & Sachin's survival despite a string of poor scores, not to mention Chappell....and Dravid as well
Old 22nd March 2007, 10:54   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
You're missing the point here. You and me are paying for this idiocy. Every time we pay our cable bill, a bit goes to the BCCI and then to the team. Every time we drink a cola some of it goes to Sachin or whoever. Let's not forget the Fiat brigade here, who paid for his car AND the import duty.

That's like saying only master chefs can be food critics. If they play in front of an audience, the audience is free to criticise them. They are free to stop playing the day they feel hurt or whatever.
Perfectly put... couldn't have said better. I am not aganist cricketers minting money, but they are because we dont see cricket as just a game. By the time one scores some decent amount of runs on a sub-continent wicket, he's given a demi god status and thats when the alll the money flows in and you become an overnight star, with all the money in this world. Where's the motivation... the only motivation then to play is money and anything else is just not good. We are just criticizing the team's peformance here and not supporting what fans did to dhoni's under construction house so please dont quote those examples of fan's vandalism. By the way what and where was the police when all this was being done... it bloody obvious that this is aganist the law.
Old 23rd March 2007, 09:55   #143
BHPian

Well played canada.. good to see minnows improving thier game. Spirited batting display !
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:06   #144
BHPian

Can India Beat SRL today

Hi All,

Its a must win situation for India. Can india beat Srilanka, or its gonna be Bye Bye to our so called superstars.
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:16   #145
Senior - BHPian

Threads merged

Keep WC discussions to this thread only
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:22   #146
BHPian

Ok Mr. Mod .. Will Keep that in mind
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:40   #147
BHPian

( Ind/SL ) India all the way !!
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:50   #148
Senior - BHPian

Srilankans has edge over Indians as they are a better fielding and bowling side. On the batting front they are equally good or even marginally better than Indians.

Positive approach like Australians will help India to win the game. Finally it all boils down to which team perform collectively on that particular day
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:04   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Srilankans has edge over Indians as they are a better fielding and bowling side. On the batting front they are equally good or even marginally better than Indians.

Positive approach like Australians will help India to win the game. Finally it all boils down to which team perform collectively on that particular day
Hey, CUMON guys , what makes you think we will lose ...... Im sure corporates are also turning bookies and begging the Lankans to lose ..... Bharti Mittal on his knees to Jayawardene -- lose guys, I promise you a lifetime of free airtel connections and so on .....

Why wudnt they want lose ..... ;-) ?????

So INDIA is winning ...... ( rks , u listening ) ???
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:14   #150
Senior - BHPian

India will win no matter... the stakes are too high. I am not talking abt pride, its all about money honey.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks