View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:57   #151
BHPian

@khadu
You are now yourself under-estimating team India! It seems you have lost the 'desh prem' and don't trust the team, that's why you are bringing in these comments ;-) I thought you were a die hard fan and had faith in the team!
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:01   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
India will win no matter... the stakes are too high. I am not talking abt pride, its all about money honey.
Bingo.....and I agree , though its quite sad that we'll never get around to watching a cricket game without these thoughts going around our heads!

You make 66 runs in 129 deliveries, you are accused of "conspiracy".......

You make 129 runs in 66 against a team like Sri Lanka and, lo behold, its "conspiracy" all over again!!

Last edited by suman : 23rd March 2007 at 15:02.
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:11   #153
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
So INDIA is winning ...... ( rks , u listening ) ???
Exactly my prediction. India obliged by losing to Bangladesh. Now it is the turn of the Sri Lankans to oblige India. But who knows? Maybe a Sanath Jayasuriya may rebel and throw a spanner into the works.
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:19   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Maybe a Sanath Jayasuriya may rebel and throw a spanner into the works.
Heh-heh, bang on cue .......I've heard a rumour that will bring a big grin and a "I told you so" smirk to your face RKS - I understand that Jayasuria's knee has "rebelled" and he may not take the field....thereby leaving the Sri Lankan team helpless & hapless .

(And guys, I did say it was a RUMOUR I heard)
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:22   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Heh-heh, bang on cue .......I've heard a rumour that will bring a big grin and a "I told you so" smirk to your face RKS - I understand that Jayasuria's knee has "rebelled" and he may not take the field....thereby leaving the Sri Lankan team helpless & hapless .

(And guys, I did say it was a RUMOUR I heard)
nice thoughts .. but even if he makes it , he will not flourish .. say yessss !
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:27   #156
Team-BHP Support

Cricinfo - It's only a game

Just read this article and I agree. Sri Lanka is a much better team right now, their fielding and bowling is way better than ours. Only batting is comparable provided our guys decide to ignite. I was sick watching Indian bowling in the Bermuda match. If we can't bowl Bermuda in less than 40 overs, what are our chances against real teams. Therefore, does India deserve to win today, not really, not for the sake for the game. But for the sake of the World Cup finances, they gotta win. All the sponsors must be shaking in their boots right now. The ad revenues without India in the next round will be next to zero, zilch, nada. You can say I am indifferent about the result today.
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:31   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
@khadu
You are now yourself under-estimating team India! It seems you have lost the 'desh prem' and don't trust the team, that's why you are bringing in these comments ;-) I thought you were a die hard fan and had faith in the team!

Sumit, I thought ud get the drift of my post .... I AM a DIE HARD fan and give a rats *** about match fixing and stuff . It was a taunt to a lot of ppl who wud be happy to hear me say something like that .... --- U took it wrongly ..

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:35   #158
Senior - BHPian

Samurai, nicely put. Our bowling is the biggest chink in our armour today - so much so that a fighting total of 400 plus may be negated by some pedestrian bowling.

Yes, if we do not bowl well, we DO NOT DESERVE TO WIN (and its nothing to do with patriotism)....its unfortunate but we never seem to click in all three departments of the game - we either bowl well or we bat well & very rarely we field well but never all three together or perhaps even two of the three. Sad but true
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:35   #159
BHPian

khadu my post was also a teaser. I know that 'once a fan...always a fan' and I am also one of 'those'. My post was nothing more than sarcasm
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:39   #160
BHPian

guys indians are slow starters specially in big events like WC.. they improve with each game. India will raise their game today.
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:45   #161
rks
BANNED

If Jayasuriya is not playing, that would be a *huge* morale booster for India. Because he is one guy who has terrorized Indian bowlers in the past and can take away the game single-handedly -- that is what I meant by my assertion that Jayasuriya may deviate from the agreed-to script and throw a spanner into the works.

If India wins (as I expect) then the two teams that deserve to qualify will qualify -- so all is well, that ends well. In the meanwhile a lot of interest was manufactured into what would have been a dull and drab preliminary round, if India had thrashed Bangladesh (as we should have). Crowds will flock to see today's game, the entire nation will be glued to TV sets, endorsements will pour in, ICC and BCCI will continue to rake in profits, and a lot of fun will be had by all.
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:40   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Bingo.....and I agree , though its quite sad that we'll never get around to watching a cricket game without these thoughts going around our heads!

You make 66 runs in 129 deliveries, you are accused of "conspiracy".......

You make 129 runs in 66 against a team like Sri Lanka and, lo behold, its "conspiracy" all over again!!

World cup doesn't happen everyday, thousand of crores of rupees arent at stake everyday... I would not have thought of it but it bloody all makes huge sense. Woolmer was murdered too.
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:37   #163
Senior - BHPian

So we bowl after winning the toss !! Right or Wrong ?
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:40   #164
BANNED

RIGHt ...... We bowl , get Jayasurya early and maybe a few more --- get them out below 200-210 , and then get the target with Uttapa & Sehwag as openers .

;-)
Old 23rd March 2007, 19:09   #165
BANNED

Agarkar to Jayasurya -- LBW -- not given ... Is it another one of those days ?????
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks