Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 18:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

I think waiting for one or two months will open up the stocks fully. It is just like how scarce items like masks, PPE kits and Remdesivir were during the initial outbreak. We just need to stay cautious for one or two months, I think there will be options to choose from post that. For senior citizens, they need to be extra cautious until then. While trying to register is a good thing, I think there are no options (only one vaccine) to choose from. Would also be interesting to see how the side effects play out. I plan to wait till the end of the year and then try taking a jab. If the pandemic turns an endemic, I will most likely not take the shot.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 20:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Is it safe for folks who have undergone Angioplasty and taking Aspirin to take the Vaccine ? I am talking about a 66 year old male person who had undergone angioplasty in 2010 and is in good health now with a healthy lifestyle.
The correct answer always is "contact your doctor and get a medical certificate from him/her before you reach the vaccination centre". That said, the government is encouraging people 45 and above who have such illnesses to get the vaccine ASAP.
Old 1st March 2021, 20:06   #33
BHPian

Registered my father's details at 9 AM. Couldn't book a slot at that time. Checked again half an hour ago and slots are open for Government Hospital. Apparently they're still not open for private hospitals. Slots are available from tomorrow.

You cannot select a particular time. You can only prefer morning or afternoon slots.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_202103011951253.png

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 1st March 2021 at 20:09.
Old 2nd March 2021, 00:20   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Only some Govt babu can think of putting in latitude / longitude of the hospital in the spread sheet.
I am hoping this is some auto generated data and the babus did not waste time hunting for it and putting it in the document
Do you mean the number with an E in it? None of us are anywhere near 8 degrees East! My guess is it is a phone number expressed as a "times ten to the power of" number. Somebody needs to learn spreadsheet cell formatting!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 08:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Do you mean the number with an E in it? None of us are anywhere near 8 degrees East! My guess is it is a phone number expressed as a "times ten to the power of" number. Somebody needs to learn spreadsheet cell formatting!
There are two columns titled Latitude and Longitude. I don't see any number with E. This is how it shows up when I opened it on my Mac.
This file: PMJAYPRIVATEHOSPITALSCONSOLIDATED.xlsx
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-lat-lon.png
RedTerrano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 09:21   #36
BHPian

With all the technical glitches in the website and the app, surprising that 25 lakh citizens have already signed up for the vaccine.

Source:
https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le33961251.ece
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:03   #37
BHPian

Tried doing this yesterday for my folks. Was able to register quite easily in the morning by around 9:15. However, there was no appointment slot open (Gurugram). Checked for a few more cities and it was working fine for most places in Delhi.

We called up a few hospitals nearby and one of them asked us to come after 12 as a walk in candidate. This was a big mistake. Being the first day, the hospital staff was completely clueless about the process for walk in candidates and there was utter chaos. Most of us who had walked in had to leave after a few hours without the vaccination as the hospital staff was unable to get access to government site as vaccine administrator. Apparently these are state level issues as the private hospitals in Gurugram and rest of Haryana are yet to enter the availability of slots on the Cowin website. Thus, the appointment slots are not visible on Cowin portal. Delhi seems to be working well, with most government and private hospitals showing available appointments for the rest of the week.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd March 2021 at 10:16. Reason: Added para spacing.
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
There are two columns titled Latitude and Longitude. I don't see any number with E. This is how it shows up when I opened it on my Mac.
This file: PMJAYPRIVATEHOSPITALSCONSOLIDATED.xlsx
Attachment 2127591
I am guessing they would have used that to show the location on the map when you search for the hospitals in the website.
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:25   #39
Kln
BHPian

Sharing my experience as a doctor who has taken both the doses of covishield vaccine -

Our hospital was asked to submit the names of all employees (medical or otherwise) back in October. On January 15th, the first schedule for vaccination was announced. I got the first jab on 29/01/2021. The process was quite streamlined, but maybe that's because the number of recepients wasn't that unmanageable. There was a socially distanced waiting room with open windows and doors. An experienced nurse checked my name against a government issued (via COWIN) list, and gave me an injection in my deltoid muscle. It didn't pain much. There was a socially distanced observation room with a doctor and a nurse seeing over all recepients for immediate post vaccine side effects. Our hospital is a medium sized corporate hospital with around 500 employees, and as per the doctor on duty, 1 or 2 young nursing students fainted after the vaccine as they had come empty stomach. I was given 2 tablets of paracetamol and a sheet of paper with the govt emergency contact number in case I experienced any major side effects. I observed myself for 3 days, and didn't have any side effects at all. Some of my colleagues had fever (most common), body ache, and injection site pain. I got an SMS before the day of injection, and after I was vaccinated as well. The SMS has a beneficiary ID, which you can use to get a vaccine certificate in the digilocker app.

The second dose experience was very chaotic as the hospital was gearing up to give vaccines to general population. I reached the vaccine center on time, however my name was not on the list due to a technical mistake on the hospital's end. They had put a wrong date for my first dose. However since it had been 4 weeks, I was allowed to take the vaccine. There was an observation room, but there were no doctors or nursing staff separately for the same. The COWIN website was also taking more time as compared to the first time, I think. I had no adverse events even after the second dose. I am yet to receive an SMS from COWIN about my second dose as the hospital has goofed up the dates.

All in all, it is an absolutely safe vaccine with minimal side effects. Speaking with others who have had comorbidities such as coronary artery disease (undergone angioplasty or bypass), diabetes, past history of covid, COPD, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis etc, I am yet to meet anyone who has had debilitating side effects. I would strongly recommend all bhpians to get jabbed as early as they can.
Kln is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:33   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Just came back from Nair Hospital in Mumbai after my second jab.

They have started doing spot registration for Senior citizens and 45+ with co-morbs.

Lines are long but you can get sport registered and jabbed.

EDIT:

only grouse is that they should have separate lines for people getting their second shot, people who are registered and people who want to register.

They have three terminals inside - one for HCW, one for front line and one for general but the queue is same. So the guys manning the HCWs are usually not overworked.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 2nd March 2021 at 11:47.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:59   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Just came back from Nair Hospital in Mumbai after my second jab.

They have started doing spot registration for Senior citizens and 45+ with co-morbs.

Lines are long but you can get sport registered and jabbed.
Similar experience for a friend's parents in Nagpur - they went for walk-in registration and got the vaccination slot for the same day itself (yesterday) at one of the local hospitals.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:19   #42
BHPian

We need to be patient while the app/system stabilizes a bit. It tends to crash initially, considering a huge number of people trying to register. It's too early to conclude the reliability or efficiency of the app.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

The company I work for here in Abu Dhabi wanted us to get tested every week, PCR test, so far I have gone through at least 40 tests. On top of the weekly testing form the company, the municipality is also doing door to door testing, weekly, for the last three weeks.

I got vaccinated in December, Sinopharm, the Chinese vaccine. The efficacy rate claimed by the company itself approx 76%. I believe the efficacy rate is even lower, in the fifties. I know a lot of people who got infected even after taking the vaccination.

Our company did antibody testing as well, but unfortunately for me, there is no significant increase in value to suggest immunity.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:34   #44

I went in for my second dose yesterday and asked my parents to accompany me so that if possible they'll get vaccinated through spot registration. Since it was the first day for 60+ & 45+ and most of the people were busy registering on the portal there was no rush at the hospital. My father got vaccinated without any hassle but while trying to register my mother the portal gave the error that she is not eligible; according to the portal she isn't 60 (birth year: 1960).
The management tried multiple times with different identity proofs but still no success, so they asked me to register her on COWIN portal then and there. I did it but there was the same issue. I did talk to multiple doctors and management as well and everyone was of the same opinion that the portal just started and they themselves are experiences new glitches. IMO it is totally acceptable as there was much higher load on the server yesterday as well. We came back home and I tried registering her again and it did successfully but got stuck on the option where we have to schedule the time and place. Same issue this morning also so I will try to take her for spot registration again.
As the actual vaccination experience goes it couldn't have been better. Prompt registration, taking the vitals, all the various entries to be done, everything went smooth. Got my final certificate and my father's 1st dose certificate. Although this was not the case during my 1st dose. That day the entire hospital staff had to be vaccinated and there was so much rush and pressure they input my Aadhar no., phone no., my age, everything wrong. Anyhow got vaccinated with the mentioned wrong credentials and contacted them to rectify it later.
debashishsen26 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:44   #45
BHPian

Does each vaccination site only get either Covishield or Covaxin? If so, wondering if it's better to select a center that provides Covishield as it has been tested on a broader scale.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks