Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.74%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 244 42.43%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.13%
Voters: 575. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 01:25   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Is there a format for the medical certificate required for people with comorbidities?
Old 3rd March 2021, 05:36   #62
BHPian

A question for members residing in Bangalore - Has anyone managed to get an appointment using the CO-WIN website. Whenever I look for a slot for my Parents, there seem to be no available appointments in March, all across the city.

Is it better to call up the Hospital directly and visit them.

Any suggestion or tips would be welcome.

Last edited by kaushikr : 3rd March 2021 at 05:37. Reason: changing app to website
kaushikr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:13   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikr View Post
A question for members residing in Bangalore - Has anyone managed to get an appointment using the CO-WIN website. Whenever I look for a slot for my Parents, there seem to be no available appointments in March, all across the city.

Is it better to call up the Hospital directly and visit them.
All pre-booked slots are supposedly full. Try walk-in as 40% slots are meant to be reserved for this BUT most hospitals are refusing as they are gearing up to cope.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is there a format for the medical certificate required for people with comorbidities?
Check post no 6 on page 1 of this thread.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
All pre-booked slots are supposedly full. Try walk-in as 40% slots are meant to be reserved for this BUT most hospitals are refusing as they are gearing up to cope.
More hospitals are being added and slots should open up. For now dont search for a specific pin code, search for the entire city and you should find slots even if the clinic or hospital is about an hour away.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...695766609.html
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:59   #66
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Here https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/GuidancedocCOWIN2.pdf

See page 10.
cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 09:51   #67
BHPian

Hello everybody. Just wanted to share my vaccination experience. I got the first shot (Covishield) on 5th February. The second dose is due on 5th March. I didn't have any major adverse effect except for left shoulder pain which was a little troublesome during surgeries for about 3 days. I'm attributing the possibility of lower side effects to having COVID in September 2020 (was Hospitalized and recieved Remdesivir). My colleagues had other side effects - fever, generalized body ache; but none of them so far tested positive post vaccination.

Last edited by Osteon206 : 3rd March 2021 at 10:09. Reason: I wanted to mention the type of vaccine as well that I hadn't mentioned earlier in order to give more quality information
Osteon206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 09:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

This just in - Dolly Parton was vaccinated (and she's one of the funders of Moderna so she got a shot of that), and rewrote her famous song for it.

https://twitter.com/DollyParton/stat...852323328?s=20
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:28   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

After some faffing around seeing no available slots anywhere, I suddenly saw availability at my nearest centre, an Apollo hospital, today!. Booked "afternoon" Well, ok... I'll go after noon! Walking distance. Maybe 20 minutes.

The cowin site seemed to function fairly well. Maybe it wasn't properly tested for day one, but they must have a team fully working on it.
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

Anyone trying from Bangalore East, tried to register on the CoWIN portal and unable to find any appointment slots available, until March 30? Across any centre?

Also strange to me that pincode 560037 won't appear under Bangalore Urban > Bangalore East in the portal but BBMP > East or BBMP > Mahadevapura (which are also right, though).

If anyone from 560037 was able to book today, vaccination slot for in or after March 2021, appreciate some info on how you could. Thanks!

Also, is anyone aware when slots for April and beyond, may open up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikr View Post
I just saw your post. Same experience.

Last edited by k_ajay : 3rd March 2021 at 10:39.
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:23   #71
BHPian

I struggled to find a slot for my father in Bangalore. After multiple search sessions and frequent log outs, finally found a slot for 30th March in Apollo hospital 20 kms away from home.

It seems strange that there are a lot of vaccination centers and but no slots available for a month!

Question - Is it possible to cancel the booked slot or do another booking before cancelling if we get another nearest center or a early slot?
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Anyone trying from Bangalore East, tried to register on the CoWIN portal and unable to find any appointment slots available, until March 30? Across any centre?.
As I said please search for all of Bangalore and don't use pincodes. Many of the hospitals have been entered with the wrong address, and you might have to find a hospital that is an hour or so away in order to get a slot. Never mind, LTD
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:02   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my parents vaccinated, it was a walk in at MVJ hospital, Hoskote. It was super smooth and we were done in 90 mins, which included keeping them in observation for close to 40 mins. People in and around Whitefield area can go there.

The vaccine administered was Covidshield.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Got my parents vaccinated, it was a walk in at MVJ hospital, Hoskote. It was super smooth and we were done in 90 mins, which included keeping them in observation for close to 40 mins. People in and around Whitefield area can go there.

The vaccine administered was Covidshield.
Covaxin seems to be deeply unpopular among the hospitals. Nobody is administering it and all the acquired doses are going waste. https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le33976702.ece
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:36   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
After some faffing around seeing no available slots anywhere, I suddenly saw availability at my nearest centre, an Apollo hospital, today!. Booked "afternoon" Well, ok... I'll go after noon! Walking distance. Maybe 20 minutes.
Got here about 1pm. Had to wait some short time for computer glitch, then they had to check they could vaccinate a foreigner. Lol, as if so many of my brown friends didn't have USA passports! Anyway, all got sorted and there was zero wait for quick health check and vaccination.

Now supposed to be sitting for half an hour. Don't think anyone would notice if I didn't!

For information, I am at Apollo, Perungudi.

I understood from news sources that private hospitals were only being given Covishield.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 3rd March 2021 at 13:39.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks