Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:56   #46
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Similar experience for a friend's parents in Nagpur - they went for walk-in registration and got the vaccination slot for the same day itself (yesterday) at one of the local hospitals.
Hi can you plz ask your friend which hospital it was ? Would be helpful , as I am unable to register for my mom. And I stay in Nagpur
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:28   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
There are two columns titled Latitude and Longitude.
Sorry: I was looking at the wrong thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan007 View Post
We need to be patient while the app/system stabilizes a bit. ...
For our own peace of mind yes, but there is no excuse for the problems.
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:57   #48
BHPian

My parents just got vaccinated at Nesco, Goregaon East(Mumbai). They had registered online and did a walk-in. Both got their first shot of Covishield.
sinharishi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 15:04   #49
BHPian

That's confusing messages, walk -ins if promoted spoils the ingenuity of the master plan and the app; and puts more risk of infection to the crowd reaching there. Heard anxious citizens packed in front of hospitals; and with all the 60+ crowd in there risk of infection spread seemed highest.
gopa99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 15:21   #50
RBR
BHPian

Like many fellow TBHPians, I also tried to register my parents on the portal. Was able to register both of them in the first instance, and got yesterday's slot available. But when I tried to check for alternate dates, it wasn't reflecting the available slots for following days. Tried today and saw multiple slots are available in Govt hospitals (Delhi) and booked one for tomorrow.

With the help of private hospitals, I am sure everyone will get their jabs soon. May be the corporates also start planning and getting the vaccination camps organised for their employees.
RBR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 15:25   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi can you plz ask your friend which hospital it was ? Would be helpful , as I am unable to register for my mom. And I stay in Nagpur
This was at AIIMS Nagpur.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 16:44   #52
BHPian

Got the registration done yesterday morning for my mom and by 3pm yesterday she got the first vaccine shot.

It was a smooth process which took one hour. They asked her to rest there for an hour and offered her water, tea etc. Social distancing was observed and the medical staff was quite helpful and friendly.

They have asked her to come after 28 days to get the 2nd shot. So far she only has some swelling near the injection site.

This was in a small town in MH. In city of Pune however the situation is quite different. My in-laws were asked to come tomorrow due to backlog from earlier day. Hopefully, they will get inoculated tomorrow.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 17:18   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Just came back from Nair Hospital in Mumbai after my second jab.

They have started doing spot registration for Senior citizens and 45+ with co-morbs.

Lines are long but you can get sport registered and jabbed.

EDIT:

only grouse is that they should have separate lines for people getting their second shot, people who are registered and people who want to register.

They have three terminals inside - one for HCW, one for front line and one for general but the queue is same. So the guys manning the HCWs are usually not overworked.
Any idea if they are doing spot registration for health care workers/doctors for first jab? Apparently registration of health care workers has now been stopped from this week?

My cousin is a doctor and went to the BKC center today and got turned down after waiting for an hour in the line saying that they can't do spot registration for health care people. The Cowin app now does not allow doctors to register either so he is looking for a spot registration location that can get him and his medical staff vaccinated

My parents took the Covishield Vaccine yesterday and are completely fine. Mom had mild fever and slight headache today thats about it.

Last edited by Sahil : 2nd March 2021 at 17:23.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 18:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

My 79 year old dad got his first dose (Covishield) this morning. He was struggling to get a free slot yesterday, after having registered on the CoWin portal. All I told him was to wait out a few hours and then check the slots and he could manage one today.

Place is Coimbatore at TN. He is all fine and absolutely nothing that he notices as different.

My mother will be taking her first shot on the 4th March.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 2nd March 2021 at 18:07. Reason: Inserted Covishield
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 18:11   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Parents have got slot for tomorrow in Kalyani hospital, Mylapore, Chennai. Fingers crossed this allows a bit of peace of mind in the family.

They are trying hard to get others in their circle to get vaccinated. Toughest seems to be our maid of 40 years of service (70+ age). She just doesn't believe the vaccine will be a good thing to get done.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 18:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

My parents are currently in Pune, but would be travelling to Nagpur in couple of weeks.
Can they take their first shot at Pune and then take the second shot in Nagpur?
Any idea, how does the process work in such cases?

Or is it advised for them to wait and take both shots after they reach Nagpur?

Last edited by JoshMachine : 2nd March 2021 at 19:01.
Old 2nd March 2021, 19:41   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, everybody's really going for it, and many are getting done already! Congrats to the vaccinated.

And here's me, having been talking about it for ages, and done nothing yet <blush>.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd March 2021 at 21:26. Reason: typo.
Old 2nd March 2021, 20:21   #58
BHPian

Let me share my experience in Mohali Punjab.I went along with my father and his friend both senior citizens to SGHS multispeciality hospital Sector 77 Mohali at around 9:45 am .

The hospital has a separate place of 1500 sq feet area with separate sitting area both before and after vaccination.My father and his friend were the first persons for the day.There were no other people when we entered.

Both my father and my uncle handed over their original aadhar card for identity and age proof to the nursing assistants.The hospital staff started the process to register on coWIN site and this process is a little cumbersome and took around half an hour to get both of them registered.After registration only ,the hospital charges Rs 250/- to be paid at the main cash counter.

After the payment ,vaccine shots were given and both my father and his friend waited for half an hour in the waiting area and within 75 minutes ,all of us were back home .

However ,the vaccine certificate could not be downloaded by hospital today .Next jab would be after 4 weeks and sms would be received on the registered mobile number as a reminder .

As of now both are feeling well .However ,there does seem to be initial vaccine hesitancy amongst the general population.
whitecloud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:23   #59
BHPian

My parents got it done at the govt hospital in Devanahalli. Surprisingly clean and was empty. Only 3 other people came so far today. They walked in and were signed up in about 20 min and out the door after a total of 1hr. It was Covidshield and so far no side effects.

Friends' parents in Chennai were able to get it done at Apollo (OMR, Greams rd, and Nandanam). Again walked in and did it. But all places were much more crowded. All had Covidshield, no side effects reported yet.

I got my in-laws a slot through the site in Kerala near the end of the month. There were very few slots available in general throughout the state. I have been told the hospital is giving Covidshield.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 00:03   #60
BHPian

I got it done for 3 senior citizens after 2 attempts. We got an appointment for 1st March at Columbia Asia Whitefield but the systems were down. We reached out today and were told to reschedule it by one person. I managed to cancel the existing appointment but couldn't get a new one. They still asked me to come. After some confusion regarding the lack of appointment, they agreed to vaccinate our folks.

The wait time at the hospital was 6 hours. Their pace was about 25 patients per hour. A bit scary amidst so many people but staff were largely helping manage it considering it was their first real day of operations.

The data from the UK about effectiveness of the first dose is very encouraging. I can't wait to take my own jab when it's available for my age group.
puntOOs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks