Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 23:28   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

A 60 year old friend from another part of Chennai, Ambattur, says he didn't book through any app but walked in to a nearby pvt hospital and took a jab of Covishield, and paid Rs 250. I am checking with a hospital nearest to me but they need a booking. Not through the app, just need to give my name and they will call me. They have not got the vaccine yet and there is a waiting list.

I asked the doctor if I can vaccinate my father (89) and mother (81) and he said I can.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 09:31   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I wonder if we could have a poll added to this thread?
Thanks for the suggestion. Poll has been added .

Who got vaccinated - Parents (Aged 67 and 75)
When - 04.03.2021
Where - Community Health Centre, Distt. Ghaziabad.
Vaccine Administered - Covishield
Registration done thru CoWin - Yes
Appointment Taken - Yes, taken on 03.04.2021 thru CoWin website.
Any Symptoms till now - None as of writing this post. However parents were warned about mild fever / headache that might appear and advised to visit them if the symptoms persist.
Certificate given / received - Physical copy given at the center, link for e-certificate came on phone via sms for both members within few minutes.
Details on next dose - Date, time and place will be sent thru SMS in next 22-28 days as per the staff at the centre.

Senior citizens with appointments were being vaccinated in a very systematic and efficient matter. There was a slight que for those in 45-60 years of age with co-morbidities group though.

Since the center was catering to rural area as well, there were several citizens from rural background and not having computer literacy demanding vaccine and getting angrier by the moment. However the staff at the center was courteous and was guiding them for manual registration at the center itself and allotting time slots there itself.
Over all, a positive experience and much better than expectations.

Last edited by roamer012 : 5th March 2021 at 09:44.
roamer012 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 10:22   #108
BHPian

I took my father yesterday to get vaccinated. We went to Care Hospitals in Hi-tech City. Made the appointment the evening before on CoWin and went to the hospital in the morning at 10 am. There were around 30-40 individuals present and everyone's details were noted and were asked to wait for a while since the vaccination drive had not started yet. We had to wait for more than an hour and this made some people impatient and there were some raised voices. The process was smooth however it was not systematic. There were multiple staff doing the verification on 2 or 3 computers which resulted in some chaos and as a result people were not following any order or queue.

Its been around 22 hours since my dad received the vaccine and so far, apart from a little weakness in the night yesterday he has not felt anything. He received the certificate message a few minutes after receiving the vaccine and was told that the message for the second dose will come a few days before the 28 day timeline.
Shiftlock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 11:06   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, yes... A lot better today, although body temperature is still high.

A straw poll of my wife's friends seems to show a fairly even split, symptoms, no symptoms.
First time I read about fever, I had a talk with one of my Doctor friends. He assured me this was quite normal and nothing to worry about. In fact he pointed out fever is not restricted to Corona vaccine. In other vaccines too (BCG, tetanus etc), fever is a normal symptom.
And yes, he also got a fever for one day after vaccination.
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 11:11   #110
Team-BHP Support

My 59-year-old sister in law got the jab day before. And she is facing the full brunt of symptoms - fever, chills, body pain and acidity.
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 13:20   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

My wife says she can't take the vaccine because of high blood pressure. A quick google suggests that this is not the case: those with "uncontrolled" high blood pressure should not take it.

She is under treatment and takes medication, but her bp can be unstable.

Frankly, she is looking for excuses. But I'm wondering if this one is real?
Old 5th March 2021, 14:56   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikr View Post
A question for members residing in Bangalore - Has anyone managed to get an appointment using the CO-WIN website. Whenever I look for a slot for my Parents, there seem to be no available appointments in March, all across the city.

Is it better to call up the Hospital directly and visit them.

Any suggestion or tips would be welcome.
A short update from my side. I live near the NICE road in Bangalore and we looked for a Appointment in Hosur. It was easily available. Booked one yesterday morning, for yesterday afternoon. The Hospital was one hour drive away from our house.

The process was smooth and we were done with the process in one hour. My parents were given some paracetamol after the vaccination and they are doing well so far.
The Vaccine was Covid-shield.

Feels like there is some glitch with IT systems in Bangalore COWIN app, as there were no open slots are visible in Bangalore.
Old 5th March 2021, 16:58   #113
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
My wife says she can't take the vaccine because of high blood pressure. A quick google suggests that this is not the case: those with "uncontrolled" high blood pressure should not take it.

She is under treatment and takes medication, but her bp can be unstable.

Frankly, she is looking for excuses. But I'm wondering if this one is real?
That's not true. Anyone who is hypertensive can take the vaccine as long as they continue to take their antihypertensive medicines.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 18:22   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikr View Post
Feels like there is some glitch with IT systems in Bangalore COWIN app, as there were no open slots are visible in Bangalore.
I get really annoyed by people (especially bosses) who ask the same question multiple times because they didn't like the answer! But with the covid application, you have to!

It told me several times that there were no slots available anywhere near me, before telling me that there was plenty of capacity at my nearest station!

So ask it... And if you don't get a good answer, ask it again!

(I can't guarantee this approach: I think the application is a work in progress.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
That's not true. Anyone who is hypertensive can take the vaccine as long as they continue to take their antihypertensive medicines.
Thank you. In fact, I learned today that hypertension is one the at-risk co-morbidity groups.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 5th March 2021 at 19:03. Reason: Merged the posts. Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 18:42   #115
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. In fact, I learned today that hypertension is one the at-risk co-morbidity groups.
No problem. Just for the others who're scrolling by, here is the list given by govt -

1) Heart failure with hospital admission in the past one year

2) Post cardiac transplant/ Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)

3) Significant Left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF < 40 percent)

4) Moderate or Severe Valvular Heart Disease

5) Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or Idiopathic PAH

6) Coronary Artery Disease with past CABG/ PTCA/ MI and Hypertension/ Diabetes on treatment

7) Angina and Hypertension/ Diabetes treatment

8) CT/MRI documented stroke and Hypertension/ Diabetes on treatment

9) Pulmonary artery hypertension and Hypertension/ Diabetes on treatment

10) Diabetes (>10 years or with complication) and Hypertension on treatment

11) Kidney/Liver/ Hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient/ On wait-list

12) End-stage Kidney Disease on haemodialysis/ CAPD

13) Current prolonged use of oral corticosteroids/ immunosuppressant medications

14) Decompensated cirrhosis

15) Severe respiratory disease with hospitalisations in last two years/ FEVI <50 percent

16) Lymphoma/ Leukaemia/ Myeloma

17) Diagnosis of any solid cancer on or after July 1, 2020, or currently on any cancer therapy

18) Sickle Cell Disease/ Bone marrow failure/ Aplastic Anemia/ Thalassemia Major

19) Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases/ HIV infection

20) Persons with disabilities due to Intellectual disabilities/ Muscular Dystrophy/ Acid attack with the involvement of respiratory system/ Persons with disabilities having high support needs/ Multiple disabilities including deaf-blindness
Kln is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 19:49   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Lists from the government and medical advice from online forums notwithstanding , if you have access to a known doctor and have questions about whether you can or cannot take the vaccine because of a certain condition, IMHO always better to ask the qualified medical professional.

Last edited by am1m : 5th March 2021 at 19:51.
Old 5th March 2021, 22:50   #117
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
We went to Care Hospitals in Hi-tech City.
Which variant was administered - Covaxin or Covishield ?
Old 5th March 2021, 23:08   #118
Team-BHP Support

My mom has rheumatoid arthritis and has been advised by her doctor not to take her medicines 2 days before and 3 days after the jab.

FYI
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 23:10   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Which variant was administered - Covaxin or Covishield ?
Hi cnu,
They're administering Covishield
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 23:15   #120
Senior - BHPian

If you have ‘Arogya Setu’ app, you can do the process from there itself. They have added a tab for CoWin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks