Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 19:18   #526
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Very good information in the thread indeed!
I am using a Aquaguard Reviva (RO only) model for last 11 years. I am planning to change it. I was not happy with the service and till now I had AMC taken from them. This year it has hit 4800 per year.

After going through the posts, my shortlisted models are
1. Kent Grand+ / Perl - I prefer pearl
2. Zero B eco RO - It does not use Iodine
3. Zero B Pristine - It used Iodine for polishing

Overall I heard Zero B has good service history compared to Kent / aquaguard. Zero B and Kent AMC is similar 5k per year.

Zero B claims their RO membrane is different and will last approximately 2 years. I do not know details. The eco model also claims it does not waste lot of water (they claim 80% less wastage).

Kent guy also said life of 1.5 years for the membrane and he said the AMC is waste, better to handle it outside.

For kent I think the membrane and filters can be bought online and we can change ourself. Availability of spares are also good.

Very difficult to make a decision. Any help is welcome!

--Scorpio_Fan
Old 1st July 2016, 19:25   #527
BANNED

@scorpio_fan; 1.5 years or 2 years is the same. Remember everyone is using the same membranes (maybe two sources). I have used independents for over a decade. So check up with one about the availability of parts. Consumables etc. are Ok, the issue comes in the Control cards. Whether they are available or repairable outside. Recently, Eureka have started starving independents of spare cards.
Old 2nd July 2016, 10:21   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@scorpio_fan; 1.5 years or 2 years is the same. Remember everyone is using the same membranes (maybe two sources).
Thanks for the reply, Zero B claims less wastage of water from RO membrane. They claim to use a patented technology, not the same as others. Don't know how much of it is true.

Between Kent Pearl (RO+UV+UF+TDS Control) and Zero B eCo RO which is better?

Last edited by scorpio_fan : 2nd July 2016 at 10:48. Reason: want to avoid back to back posting
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:10   #529
BANNED

From what I heard from a Service guy in Gurugram he prefers ZeroB to Kent. Basically for having more rugged parts. My son rented his flat from new so in the two and a half years we saw the Kent. In my view too many failures.

The service guy said that ZeroB have far fewer failures. We went and bought one (same price as mail order) through him. After the warranty the residents as a rule (excluding the foreigners who have it all covered) do not go for an AMC. Instead they rely on a spot call.
Old 3rd July 2016, 16:35   #530
BHPian

Yesterday I spent more time in research followed by some discussions with the sales executives. I have to say all 3 of them (Kent, Zero B and Aquaguard) called me within hours of registration and they setup the visit the next day. Zero B person was available the same day but I asked him to come the next day.

Eureka Forbes does not have a home visit but everything is online. If you give the pin code and address of your house they look up a database and give you approximate TDS level and will suggest a model. All purchase activities are also online.

The TDS level of tap water was approx 900. The current Aquaguard Reviva after filtration shows approx 80 which is good.

After discussion I am more inclined to Zero B eCo RO as it has good recovery rate of 60 - 70% where as all others have only 30% max. It has 8 stage purification and does not use Iodine in the last step. It used electrolytic method at the last stage. It attains good recovery by processing the rejected water again. The tank can be detached and cleaned if needed.

The AMC cost is approx 6000 per year (slightly on the higher side). But I plan to skip AMC or take it for alternative years.

He is not giving any good discount only approx 10%. This product is available on amazon for 17800 now and they claim installation will be done by Zero B. But i do not know how warranty will be in future.
Old 3rd July 2016, 16:41   #531
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
The AMC cost is approx 6000 per year (slightly on the higher side). But I plan to skip AMC or take it for alternative years.

He is not giving any good discount only approx 10%. This product is available on amazon for 17800 now and they claim installation will be done by Zero B. But i do not know how warranty will be in future.
How do you manage an AMC in alternate years. I doubt whether the vendor will accept. The route is to go for an independent on a 'per call basis'.

Check with an independent about purchase. He will match or nearly match the net price, and then your warranty etc are covered. We paid the same or maybe ₹100-200 more than the best web prince.
Old 3rd July 2016, 16:51   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
How do you manage an AMC in alternate years.
The sales guy only suggested this. In general if you call them for service and your AMC is expired, they ask you to take AMC and immediately change the filters on the same visit. So I think it is fine. Otherwise any way pay per visit is there, should not be an issue. The only good thing about AMC is that the electrical parts like motor is covered. But in general AMC for water purifier is a waste. Pay per use is more profitable.
Old 4th July 2016, 08:39   #533
BANNED

@scorpio_fan; Best of luck to your alternate year idea. We have Aquaguard at home (no RO) and have been with an independent for over thirteen years. Very happy, now he is not taking an AMC due to the non-availability of EF cards, but does service on a call basis. In my son's complex in Gurgaon there are about 1300 flats all with RO. Most people (except expats who have it all paid) have discontinued AMCs and work on a per call basis. Once the warranty is over he too will switch. He moved to his new flat only three months ago.
Old 4th July 2016, 12:03   #534
BHPian

I need a basic water purifier. Looking at Eureka Forbes Aquaflow DX retailing for about 5500. and PureIT classic for about 6500. Any suggestions? We already have one Eureka in extended family and it's working fine but I have read some bad reviews too.
Old 6th July 2016, 19:45   #535
BHPian

Yesterday got the ZeroB eCo RO installed. Overall experience was really good. The unit is compact and the installation guy did an excellent job too. The sales guy did a follow up visit today to check TDS level and it was approximately 40. The attitude of sales guy is good till now, he was working for eureka forbes before. I would recommend this guy if you are around whitefield, bangalore. Message me if you need his number. The reject water flow is very minimal compared to other purifiers and that was basically by decision point too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I need a basic water purifier. Looking at Eureka Forbes Aquaflow DX retailing for about 5500. and PureIT classic for about 6500. Any suggestions? We already have one Eureka in extended family and it's working fine but I have read some bad reviews too.
Akshay, the first one is a UV only purifier but the second one is a RO unit based on the search I did. I can tell you the service attitude of eureka forbes in our area (whitefield, bangalore) is really bad. But I could not find any one excellent in terms of customer service. As far as I talked to different people, ZeroB is slightly better.
Old 7th July 2016, 11:05   #536
BANNED

Remember ZeroB is from Ion Exchange who have been water processing professionals for ages. So the approach and mindset are different. Of the lot I will trust them more than any of the others. EF are good but are too dependent on their chaps, who are sale and NOT service oriented. Just see the percentage of EF owners relying on third party people (mostly ex-EF).
Old 7th July 2016, 22:25   #537
BHPian

Hi . I am looking for an UV water purifier. Just came across the 'New Pureit Classic uv +' on the pureit website. Any idea about the product, the running costs and the after sales support ?
Old 27th July 2016, 21:46   #538
BHPian

My 8 year old Kent RO grand is making kat-kat noise. Any pointers here? The Kent service guys have been of no help. They tried fixing this for the last 6 months and have not been able to provide a solution. They tell me that my pump is of a higher capacity and that's why it makes noise. When I tell then to change my pump to a lower capacity they simply say - sir this is the only model we have now and your RO is old. They have already checked for air in the system
The noise sounds similar to a tractor and is very irritating.
Old 13th August 2016, 23:06   #539
BHPian

Is it normal for the Kent Pearl model to make a humming sound or vibrate while operating?
Old 13th August 2016, 23:24   #540
BHPian

We have the nirmal Kent RO model. It does vibrate and hum while operating. Remember that there is a motor and pump inside, so I consider it as normal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks