Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2016, 09:52   #556
BANNED

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
And last week i threw away my two year old Kent Pearl and installed LG ww170EP. The new LED UV technology also favored LG instead of the mercury tubes in other RO+UV filters. Its impossible to tell if a UV tube is actually working.
Frankly I am surprised if we have good UV - LEDs. Remember blue LEDs got someone a Nobel. Also, they may not be deeper UV. All the same.

As for TDS controllers, I hear they are more marketing than for real. Why, if you are in a real hard water area then the non-RO content in the output may be below 10%. This is very difficult to control. The Mineral part is normally not in a closed loop, so is set once and forgotten, and any hardness variations will send the total hardness for a toss.
Old 11th November 2016, 10:07   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Frankly I am surprised if we have good UV - LEDs. Remember blue LEDs got someone a Nobel. Also, they may not be deeper UV. All the same.

As for TDS controllers....... total hardness for a toss.
I had my Kent Pearl water output at 6 TDS and 6.7 pH. The LG gives 36 TDS and 8.1 pH (Input TDS is 240).

Oh! the current UV LEDs are very powerful. Infact LG Innotek is pioneer.

http://www.ledsmagazine.com/articles...-magazine.html

The LG UV LED lights up every six hours automatically for 70 minutes in the SS storage tank (beside when water is being filtered and on resumption of power if it fails)
Old 14th November 2016, 23:48   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
And last week i threw away my two year old Kent Pearl and installed LG ww170EP. The new LED UV technology also favored LG instead of the mercury tubes in other RO+UV filters.
Anyone else using LG here? I was looking at it mainly because of the stainless steel tank, but LG seems to have bad reviews on Amazon.

And any feedback about AO Smith service in bangalore? They have a good buy back offer going on now and the hot water option is another plus.

I am using a Eureka Forbes RO unit for 5 years now and it is showing its age. The pre-filter unit has developed a crack and replacing that with the next year AMC is working out to be close to 7k. So thinking of getting a replacement.
Old 19th November 2016, 23:51   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
And any feedback about AO Smith service in bangalore? They have a good buy back offer going on now and the hot water option is another plus.
I went ahead with AO Smith Z6 model. Ordered on 16th, was delivered yesterday and the installation happened today(19th). The technician did a good job and even cleaned up after the installation. So far so good.

Got 3k for the exchange of my old machine. It is supposed to be picked up by another company for recycle and/or proper disposal.
Old 20th November 2016, 20:23   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Anyone else using LG here? I was looking at it mainly because of the stainless steel tank, but LG seems to have bad reviews on Amazon....
LG also had a buyback for Rs.3000/-. Net cost to me was 21000. I was keen on A.O Smith as all my geysers are digital A.O Smith with some unique features (like with remote you can choose 1000W or 2000W heating) and been working flawlessly for few years now. But the lack of UV in their water purifier (high end) and new UV tech of LG (plus much better looking in kitchen) made my buy LG.
Old 13th December 2016, 05:50   #561
BHPian

Hi Guys,

we are planning to get a new RO unit for our rental flat. Shortlisted ZeroB EcoRo based on the feedback here. But Just realised after going through the Manual that there is no UV in it. Am I missing something here?

We have been using Kent Grand+ for the last 5.5 years, it is painful to replace all the parts but water tastes good. Service guys do come within 24 hours

Do we need Both RO & UV or will RO alone suffice. For now water supply is Municipal water. If nothing works may go back to buy Kent Grand+ or Kent Pearl
Old 13th December 2016, 10:39   #562
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
we are planning to get a new RO unit for our rental flat. Shortlisted ZeroB EcoRo based on the feedback here. But Just realised after going through the Manual that there is no UV in it. Am I missing something here?

We have been using Kent Grand+ for the last 5.5 years, it is painful to replace all the parts but water tastes good. Service guys do come within 24 hours

Do we need Both RO & UV or will RO alone suffice. For now water supply is Municipal water. If nothing works may go back to buy Kent Grand+ or Kent Pearl
Nope you are not, ZeroB has no UV. ZeroB uses some Iodine based 'polisher', then in the final stage removes any traces of Iodine etc. We bought one for my son in April. In his earlier flat (rented) they had Kent, and the same problem, things breaking down and needing replacement. The technician said that ZeroB is much better. It should be since it comes from Ion Exchange, a well established group of water purification professionals.
Old 13th December 2016, 22:42   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Nope you are not, ZeroB has no UV. ZeroB uses some Iodine based 'polisher', then in the final stage removes any traces of Iodine etc. We bought one for my son in April.
Thanks SG. Somehow water purifiers seems to be a major pain area for many a people.

I have Decided to take zero B Eco RO for Rs 18,600/- (MRP is Rs 21,500/-)from the company representatives. Hope it turns out to be a good buy.

Quote:
The technician said that ZeroB is much better. It should be since it comes from Ion Exchange, a well established group of water purification professionals.
Company sales guy was mentioning that they are the OEM for a lot of water purifiers.

Product is currently out of stock. They need 2-3 days to source and install. The rep said if the pre-filter is cleaned regularly, purifier should have a good and long life
Old 14th December 2016, 10:08   #564
rbp
BHPian

Has anyone here tried Kangen water purifier machines? I have read some very good reviews on them but they do cost a bomb.

http://www.kangenindia.org/

http://kangenwaterenagic.in/price

http://kangenwaterenagic.in/
Old 16th December 2016, 14:15   #565
BHPian

Guys, I have a Aquaguard Compact water purifier at home and till date it had an AMC where in the guy would come twice a year and replace the filter.
The AMC has expired this month and the aquaguard guy is constantly calling to renew the AMC for another 3 years (6 visits) at 4400 bucks.

Is it worth to go with the AMC or get the filter from the market and replace it myself?
It's quite easy actually and there's a YouTube video too for the same.
What I'm more concerned about is where to get the genuine filter from and it's pricing?
Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 19th December 2016, 10:57   #566
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Guys, I have a Aquaguard Compact water purifier at home and till date it had an AMC where in the guy would come twice a year and replace the filter.
Is it worth to go with the AMC or get the filter from the market and replace it myself?
It's quite easy actually and there's a YouTube video too for the same.
What I'm more concerned about is where to get the genuine filter from and it's pricing?
I have the same. My service was by an independent (almost all are ex-Eureka). Now there is a problem, in the event of an electronics failure the no longer get support from Eureka. Otherwise they are able to get parts outside with no hassles. The spares they use are good. Now we call our guy on a need basis.
Old 22nd December 2016, 14:41   #567
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same. My service was by an independent (almost all are ex-Eureka). Now there is a problem, in the event of an electronics failure the no longer get support from Eureka. Otherwise they are able to get parts outside with no hassles. The spares they use are good. Now we call our guy on a need basis.
We too are planning to use the services of independent guy from now onwards on need basis. This works best IMO.
The margins by EF are huge for the same service, understandably.
Old 25th February 2017, 09:16   #568
MK3
BHPian

Going through this thread, I find some good experiences with the different brands of water purifier. I am looking for purchasing one. I find LG and zeroB promising while friends and neighbors are using and recommending puREIT ULTIMA and Dr.Aquaguard. Dear BHPians, kindly share your experiences with LG purifier and Dr.Aquaguard please.
Old 25th February 2017, 10:04   #569
BANNED

@MK3; afaik everybody uses the same RO membranes. There are only two or three firms making them. As for the rest the independents use these of a third party supplier. In brief you are getting about the same stuff. The point is the quality of the product, and its durability, and availability of service / replacement for the components. Mya dvice is to go for a popular brand due to this.
Old 25th February 2017, 11:52   #570
MK3
BHPian

Quote:
@MK3; afaik everybody uses the same RO membranes. There are only two or three firms making them. As for the rest the independents use these of a third party supplier. In brief you are getting about the same stuff. The point is the quality of the product, and its durability, and availability of service / replacement for the components. Mya dvice is to go for a popular brand due to this.
Thanks for the good advice Sir. I was interested in getting feedback on the post purchase support and ease in maintaining the unit. For instance, if we take the case of LG, Amazon reviews are negative though unit wise it looks promising, adding to the confusion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks