Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2014, 12:16   #421
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi
Yesterday went and purchased LG model WAW53JW2RP. Registered online for installation. Got a confirmation message saying installation will be done within 2 days. Will update after installation.
Regards
@Dilipkumar

Even I am looking at buying LG and also the same model after hearing horror stories regarding EF, Kent and HUL. I think its a hit or miss with these products.

I am keen on LG, since I have experienced their customer support personally on other products. I would appreciate if you can let us know how the LG water purifier is working and your experience with it
Old 19th November 2014, 13:03   #422
Senior - BHPian

Could you review your purifier please. We need to move up from Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi
Yesterday went and purchased LG model WAW53JW2RP. Registered online for installation. Got a confirmation message saying installation will be done within 2 days. Will update after installation.
Regards
Old 19th November 2014, 14:51   #423
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Can you please elaborate? I do not know whether it is leaching. I am wondering whether (food grade) plastics start leaching after certain number of years of usage.
If it leaches it is from day one. In all this time you have removed the stuff which will leach out. So not replacing leaves you with a 'cleaner' surface.
Old 25th November 2014, 17:20   #424
Senior - BHPian

In my house, the water is from tanker with TDS of about 100. It tastes slightly less optimal than regular drinking water. I don't think I need RO for such low TDS. What filter is recommended in this case?
Old 25th November 2014, 17:49   #425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
In my house, the water is from tanker with TDS of about 100. It tastes slightly less optimal than regular drinking water. I don't think I need RO for such low TDS. What filter is recommended in this case?
I think a normal UV filter would be sufficient for your requirement. My place, the TDS from bore-well water is around 550, with RO it comes down to 50 and the Eureka Forbes guy said up to 150 is fine.
Old 25th November 2014, 19:03   #426
Team-BHP Support

Does TDS mean Total Dissolved Solids? My water supply has TDS of 365. Even I am not using RO, but wondering whether I should.
Old 25th November 2014, 19:10   #427
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Does TDS mean Total Dissolved Solids? My water supply has TDS of 365. Even I am not using RO, but wondering whether I should.
Yes, that is what the Eureka Forbes guy told me. TDS mean Total Dissolved solids and for human consumption, as per them the lesser they are from 150 the better. 365 is high if you ask me, but not sure if it needs a RO. Mine was upwards of 550. With RO, it comes down to 45-50 range.

If you boil the water in a stainless steel vessel, does it leave white marks on the vessel after few times?
Old 25th November 2014, 19:24   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
as per them the lesser they are from 150 the better. 365 is high if you ask me, but not sure if it needs a RO. Mine was upwards of 550. With RO, it comes down to 45-50 range.
Well, I think they are trying to sell more RO filters. I checked with independent sources, and anything below 500 is fine.

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_...micals/tds.pdf

https://water.tallyfox.com/answer/pe...drinking-water

http://www.aeruswater.com/aboutyourw...tyourwater.cfm

http://www.safewater.org/PDFS/resour..._AND%20_pH.pdf

Last edited by Samurai : 25th November 2014 at 19:26.
Old 25th November 2014, 21:56   #429

Gurus, need some help in making a decision on an RO + UV to buy. Must say this has been one of the most difficult decision to make
As i mentioned, looking for RO+UV system, the water here in Noida is really hard and cant bare the salty taste.
The main concern i have (other than the basic like purification and stuff) is i would like to buy one which has an AUTO TDS controller, the reason being the water quality here keeps changing on a weekly basis if not daily and this is a rented accommodation.
And keeping that in mind, I have kind of shortlisted; AQUASURE XPERT and HUL Pureit Ultima RO+UV+UF
So experts, please advise eighter of the two or any other that meet this requirement.
Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 08:02   #430
BANNED

@sunnysdome; With very hard water TDS controller is a non-starter. Dilution will be well below 10%, so might as well forget it.
Old 14th December 2014, 10:46   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysdome View Post
The main concern i have (other than the basic like purification and stuff) is i would like to buy one which has an AUTO TDS controller, the reason being the water quality here keeps changing on a weekly basis if not daily and this is a rented accommodation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@sunnysdome; With very hard water TDS controller is a non-starter. Dilution will be well below 10%, so might as well forget it.
Similar scenario here sunnysdome - looking for an auto-tds purifier. Did you make a decision?

Sgiitk, by being a non-starter, does it mean even if the purifier is an auto-tds controller, with very hard water it is not going to automatically control the levels?

Also, wifey has been keen on looking into a purifier that has alkaline level 7+.
Anyone heard of the HiTech Purifiers based out of Gujarat? Any idea how this WP with Alkaline is?

edit - we stay in Bangalore (Whitefield side and in few months will be in Vijayanagar side)

edit 2 - also, any views on the Panasonic Alkaline based WP

Last edited by andyonwheels : 14th December 2014 at 10:59.
Old 14th December 2014, 11:18   #432
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyonwheels View Post
Sgiitk, by being a non-starter, does it mean even if the purifier is an auto-tds controller, with very hard water it is not going to automatically control the levels?
If you have a 1000+TDS just work out the amount of normal (non-RO) water which will have to me mixed to get the TS up - minimal, so it may not be able to control it that finely.
Old 2nd April 2015, 23:06   #433
BHPian

For water TDS level of 115-120, which Water purifier is recommended?
Old 3rd April 2015, 10:09   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Yes, that is what the Eureka Forbes guy told me. TDS mean Total Dissolved solids and for human consumption
Do not go by Eureka Forbes guy! Usually it would be better if you get your water tested in independent labs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Well, I think they are trying to sell more RO filters. I checked with independent sources, and anything below 500 is fine.
Absolutely! Whatever TDS the sales guys tells mostly it is hogwash. When we were moving in to our new house two years ago, I had water tested in labs with TDS <150. Which is good enough for consumption. However two independent water purifier sales guys found water at 750TDs and 1500 TDS. In fact putting a magical liquid transforms water into Dark particle filled liquid! So I asked one of the sales guy to test again. This time I gave him Aquafina water! Voila ! water still had 1200 TDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
For water TDS level of 115-120, which Water purifier is recommended?
I think normal candle type purifier is enough filter out particles if any in water! As samurai pointed out <500 TDS is fine for human consumption.
Old 3rd April 2015, 13:16   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post

I think normal candle type purifier is enough filter out particles if any in water! As samurai pointed out <500 TDS is fine for human consumption.

I agree with you. But sometimes (probably once or twice in a month) the water is pretty bad quality-muddy and dirty in general. Would any other type of purifier help with dealing this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks