Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2023, 13:57   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
The input reading was 700 TDS and output was 20 TDS before filter change today. Very low TDS and technician told it would result in depletion of essential minerals. The optimum should be around 100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
TDS is increased by mixing unfiltered water in small proportion. Too much of it can again lead to same issues as unfiltered water.
I think member huntrz is correct. If you analyse the flow of water filtration process in Kent RO, you will notice that the TDS controller screw adds/ reduces unfiltered water to the output just before the collection tank. Which I think is a weird way to control TDS. I tested the TDS level day before yesterday on my Kent and it came to be 40 ppm. As a time-pass activity, I tested the TDS of my AC condensate and it was 32.
Old 7th June 2023, 11:41   #1142
BHPian

We have an Aquaguard classic. AMC is always renewed in a timely manner through the app. This is more than sufficient for us.

Once a random guy showed up claiming to be from aquaguard, installed cheap candles & took AMC Cheque, found out later that it was a bogus company which dupes people. Complained to Aquaguard & they said their employees will always have a virtual visiting card, they'll send an sms before visiting.
Old 15th September 2023, 21:25   #1143

In the market for a Water purifier. I think we get Desalinated municipal water in our area Adyar, Chennai.
I checked the TDS and it varies between 400 to 450. Even our bore water has a TDS of around 450.
I have a doubt, Arent desalination plants basically large-scale RO plants. Do I need an RO at home or a UV+UF is enough?
I have been using a Kent UV,UF all these years but at a different location.
Old 16th September 2023, 10:31   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.arun01 View Post
In the market for a Water purifier. I think we get Desalinated municipal water in our area Adyar, Chennai.
I checked the TDS and it varies between 400 to 450. Even our bore water has a TDS of around 450.
I have a doubt, Arent desalination plants basically large-scale RO plants. Do I need an RO at home or a UV+UF is enough?
I have been using a Kent UV,UF all these years but at a different location.
Yes,desalination plants are usually RO based now a days. The output TDS of an RO plant can be tailored to suit end user requirement, so 450 TDS is not surprising. This level of TDS will put a very light load on the plant, so it will work efficiently (less electricity, more water).

If you are fine with TDS of 450, then a filter+UV is sufficient, else go for RO based unit.

https://www.netsolwater.com/ro-in-re...n.php?blog=254
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 20:00   #1145
Senior - BHPian

I have a Kent RO+UV+UF purifier, which is just 1 year old.

In the last few days, I am observing that a very small amount of water keeps flowing from the outlet pipe even after the purifier is turned off.

Could it be something serious ? Should I call the service guys ? The purifier is anyway due for annual maintenance.

(The inlet water is very hard in our locality)

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 30th September 2023 at 20:01.
Old 1st October 2023, 10:49   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have a Kent RO+UV+UF purifier, which is just 1 year old.

In the last few days, I am observing that a very small amount of water keeps flowing from the outlet pipe even after the purifier is turned off.

Could it be something serious ? Should I call the service guys ? The purifier is anyway due for annual maintenance.

(The inlet water is very hard in our locality)

Rohan
This is normaql. In an RO,waste water is thrown away. The amount depends on the hardness and TDS.

For Kent RO I suggest that you go for an AMC. Even though it is expensive, it is worthwhile as most parts are covered as is service. Only consumable (candles etc) are not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks