Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 15:08   #1111
BANNED

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
These are amazingly cheap. They have a UV filter for 2,500/3,000 & RO for 6,000.

If I were in the market for a filter now, I would have blindly gone for one of their UV filters if it had just one small feature which it's missing - a stand where a glass/bottle can be placed like this - Recommended water purifier?-filter.png
Old 15th March 2023, 10:42   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Just ordered V-guard Zenora RO+UV model. It has a mineral charging module to add Calcium and Magnesium after RO filtering. V-Guard is a decent brand, and for a RO+UV model, 9.7k seemed to be of good value, especially considering that the pre-filter is also included as part of the deal.

Hope it serves me well !
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 14:09   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Agree on every point. Even ours is 6 months old. Did you change the filters already?
Hi, any idea where replacement filters can be found? MI app store says out of stock, amazon has two out of three with inflated prices presently. I'm down to the last 4% now.
Old 26th March 2023, 14:12   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I have no idea. Even we had difficulty. Never thought we would face such a situation. Have outsourced our water needs to DrinkPrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
Hi, any idea where replacement filters can be found? MI app store says out of stock, amazon has two out of three with inflated prices presently. I'm down to the last 4% now.
Old 27th March 2023, 13:21   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Just ordered V-guard Zenora RO+UV model. It has a mineral charging module to add Calcium and Magnesium after RO filtering. V-Guard is a decent brand, and for a RO+UV model, 9.7k seemed to be of good value, especially considering that the pre-filter is also included as part of the deal.

Hope it serves me well !
How is your experience so far? Pls let me know
Old 27th March 2023, 14:25   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
How is your experience so far? Pls let me know
Was about to write a short review, thank you for the prompt!

The plastic quality feels better than what Eureka Forbes offers in this price range. In fact even pricing is about 3-4K lower than what Eureka Forbes is charging for a similar spec.

The V-Guard Zenora purifies input water with 500 TDS down to 60 TDS (as demonstrated by the installing technician) and the water tastes very neutral. Highly satisfied with the performance on this regard.

The installation was very quick, efficient and I was very happy with the way the technician explained everything and also the professional way in which he completed the installation.

One grouse is that this RO seems to waste a lot of water. Read somewhere that the RO conversion ratio is 1:1, which is on the higher side it seems, there are other RO membranes which are much more efficient and help in conserving water it seems.

Also, even though there is a storage tank, every time I withdraw water, the RO immediately switches on. The Eureka Forbes models in my parents' & sister's house has a bandwidth (like stores 8L, and turns on RO when storage goes below 6L) but here every single instance makes use of the RO unit.

Overall, for the money I am truly delighted with the product and the service I have received. But when the time comes to replace it, I will definitely keep a look out for models which can conserve water better
Old 27th March 2023, 15:43   #1117
BHPian

Quote:

One grouse is that this RO seems to waste a lot of water.
Overall, for the money I am truly delighted with the product and the service I have received. But when the time comes to replace it, I will definitely keep a look out for models which can conserve water better
Great, thanks for the clear and concise feedback. Yes, in RO, there is considerable water wastage - many in our society collect it and use for watering their plants and so on.

One follow-up query I had was - there are models like Rejive which have mineral health charger, alkaline charger, and identical models with stainless steel tanks. Did you consider them but did not choose for some reasons? Thanks again for your response!
Old 27th March 2023, 18:12   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One follow-up query I had was - there are models like Rejive which have mineral health charger, alkaline charger, and identical models with stainless steel tanks. Did you consider them but did not choose for some reasons? Thanks again for your response!
I chose Zenora (which still has mineral charger) over the Rejive, as many were complaining regarding the plastic taste due to alkaline infusion. I wasn't sure if I would take to it. I thought a neutral tasting purifier would be better and hence went for this. On the steel vs food grade plastic tanks, I did not see any huge advantage - as this is water at room temperature only. Also the cost for the stainless steel equipped purifier was above my budget, hence decided against it. You can definitely go for it, if your budget permits - no cons with it for sure.
Old 27th March 2023, 18:48   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
I chose Zenora (which still has mineral charger) over the Rejive, as many were complaining regarding the plastic taste due to alkaline infusion. I wasn't sure if I would take to it. I thought a neutral tasting purifier would be better and hence went for this. On the steel vs food grade plastic tanks, I did not see any huge advantage - as this is water at room temperature only. Also the cost for the stainless steel equipped purifier was above my budget, hence decided against it. You can definitely go for it, if your budget permits - no cons with it for sure.
Thanks again - appreciate it.
Website mentions Zenora is with Mineral Balancer while Rejive comes with Mineral Charger (and price difference is few hundreds only on Amazon) - probably they are not very different.
Also I see that Rejive can only be wall mounted, where as Zenora can be a counter top too
pmbabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 13:41   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again - appreciate it.
Website mentions Zenora is with Mineral Balancer while Rejive comes with Mineral Charger (and price difference is few hundreds only on Amazon) - probably they are not very different.
Also I see that Rejive can only be wall mounted, where as Zenora can be a counter top too
Oops, I did not know that Mineral balancer vs Charger difference. But looking at it now, I think I should have gone with Mineral charger option for a few hundred more. Anyway, at least there is no regret with the Zenora at home!
Old 30th March 2023, 06:58   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, even though there is a storage tank, every time I withdraw water, the RO immediately switches on. The Eureka Forbes models in my parents' & sister's house has a bandwidth (like stores 8L, and turns on RO when storage goes below 6L) but here every single instance makes use of the RO unit.

Suggest please read post #1087 in this thread.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 15:54   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Suggest please read post #1087 in this thread.
Thank you!! Just one problem for me to adapt to this batch process - The tank is not visible in the model I have bought, there is just a light to show that the tank is full. Will try switching it off and see how it works and how to manage over the weekend
Old 31st March 2023, 22:21   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
My filter was showing 4% and MI website didn’t have stock.
I raised a service request in their website. The call center called me the next day and booked an appointment for 2 days later.
He came and removed and put the same filters again. He mentioned that it is just airlock. Now the app shows 90% life. Not sure what to trust. But the TDS of the water is at 60ppm. The technician mentioned that the cost of all three filters is about 4500 and visiting charges is 470.
Old 1st April 2023, 07:28   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
The technician mentioned that the cost of all three filters is about 4500 and visiting charges is 470.
But wasn't DIY replacement of filters, sans the requirement of an external technician, one of the USPs of the MI purifier?

Having to buy the filters offline and needing someone to deliver and install them defeats the primary purpose of choosing MI over others.
Old 1st April 2023, 09:17   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
But wasn't DIY replacement of filters, sans the requirement of an external technician, one of the USPs of the MI purifier?

Having to buy the filters offline and needing someone to deliver and install them defeats the primary purpose of choosing MI over others.
Yes, that was the main reason I chose MI over others. However, they have seem to reverted to the technician model, as the filters are not available from MI (at least for the last one month). Amazon had PAC and PPC filters (at MRP though). RO was not available anywhere.

The saving grace was that the technicians that came were professional and did not try to upsell.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks