Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2018, 17:01   #691
BHPian

Re: Recommended water purifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
ZERO B gives very good products and most of the parts are manufactured in India, so cost and availability are really not an issue. Most other commonly advertised brands have common/cheaper OEMs based in East asian(Thailand/Taiwan/China). But essentially all these products are same. Zero B does not advertise much as they are priamarily Industrial manufacturers. Service should not be an issue though.

Disclaimer : I am not directly employed/associated with Zero B. But I am a Consultant associated with its parent ION exchange and has some insider knowledge about the water industry by interacting with people working there. I have a Kent and Zero B installed in my, parent's kitchen respectively and both are working without much trouble.
Profile says your are from Bangalore, how would you rate Zero B' service in Bangalore?
Old 25th May 2018, 09:15   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samschenker View Post
Profile says your are from Bangalore, how would you rate Zero B' service in Bangalore?

They have reasonable presence in Bangalore and Chennai. Should not be a deal breaker. Their actual Achilles heel is lack of publicity and bland looking filters.
Old 25th May 2018, 11:45   #693
BHPian

I am looking for a RO water filter for our home. Have been using RO for last 3-4 years and must say that it has spoilt us in terms of water taste.

Can someone recommend a slick, small capacity reliable RO water purifier? I am looking for smallest possible unit due to space constraints.

Also, after reading tons of info on internet, I am still unable to come to a conclusion as to whether RO water is good for us or harmful.

Is it really harmful or that's just another hoax?
Old 25th May 2018, 16:25   #694
BANNED

@sanschenker; Today almost everybody uses a third party service guy, so spare considerations should not cloud the picture. Most of the independents can get spares for almost anything.
Old 25th May 2018, 17:17   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Can someone recommend a slick, small capacity reliable RO water purifier? I am looking for smallest possible unit due to space constraints.
Don't go too small: it will take an age to fill just one drinking-water bottle.

If you can, consider an under-the-counter unit. Hidden away, except for the extra tap. You can run purified water into the sink too. Why would you do that? Examples would be final wash for fruit that you are going to eat unpeeled, and... filling up your car-wash spray bottle!
Old 28th May 2018, 10:46   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Don't go too small: it will take an age to fill just one drinking-water bottle.

If you can, consider an under-the-counter unit. Hidden away, except for the extra tap. You can run purified water into the sink too. Why would you do that? Examples would be final wash for fruit that you are going to eat unpeeled, and... filling up your car-wash spray bottle!
Thanks for the advice. Actually, we are okay with smaller unit as the requirement is just few bottles of water as only two people are at home usually. Also, the maid can keep filling up the bottles as and when required.

I am restricted by a cabinet of 12" x 18" x 24" and hence need something which is just 10" in width.

Will go shopping over the weekend with measurement tape to finalise.

Which brand would you recommend?
Old 28th May 2018, 14:38   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
Hi All! To update, installed Zero B's Eco RO model. Had evaluated AO Smith & Zero B. But the latter was very quick with the sales call, follow up, order processing & installation.
Will keep you all posted, once I log in some litres (miles)
Hi,
I am planning to install the same model. How is your experience after using it for an year now?
Old 28th May 2018, 14:53   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Actually, we are okay with smaller unit as the requirement is just few bottles of water as only two people are at home usually. Also, the maid can keep filling up the bottles as and when required.

I am restricted by a cabinet of 12" x 18" x 24" and hence need something which is just 10" in width.

Will go shopping over the weekend with measurement tape to finalise.

I have been using Pureit RO+MF for about 8 months now for a family of two. The product is reasonably good for what it offers and small storage capacity isn't an issue since water requirement is less. Also, with soft water in Pune, a liter of water is purified in about 5 minutes. Though I wonder if RO is really needed in Pune since tap water itself has low TDS (I bought it since there was mouth-watering deal ).
Old 28th May 2018, 15:12   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Also, with soft water in Pune, a liter of water is purified in about 5 minutes. Though I wonder if RO is really needed in Pune since tap water itself has low TDS (I bought it since there was mouth-watering deal ).
Thanks! Will go and check out this model in shops.

I would say RO is needed in any case. Tap water quality too varies at times, especially in monsoon season.
Old 28th May 2018, 18:01   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@sanschenker; Today almost everybody uses a third party service guy, so spare considerations should not cloud the picture. Most of the independents can get spares for almost anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
They have reasonable presence in Bangalore and Chennai. Should not be a deal breaker. Their actual Achilles heel is lack of publicity and bland looking filters.
Thank you, will check for a retailer selling zeroB products in Bangalore
Old 28th May 2018, 19:49   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Will go shopping over the weekend with measurement tape to finalise.

We bought ten years ago, so not much up-to-date. Probably would buy the same again, though. (Zero-B, under-sink unit. It isn't very big!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Though I wonder if RO is really needed in Pune since tap water itself has low TDS
As I understand it, and I hope I'm right, the machines that we mostly discuss in this thread deal not only with dissolved minerals, but with micro-organisms too. Bacteria are small, but viruses are very, very small. The TDS number may be low, but if water contains those little creatures, then we may end up wasting life in the toilet... or worse. RO membrane should be small enough
Old 28th May 2018, 20:53   #702
Senior - BHPian

^^ that is all the more reason I don't advise TDS control by mixing input water. 99.9% viruses are stopped by RO membrane. If you want to be sure, take output of RO, store in air tight containers and consume directly from it. Viruses are everywhere - on air, cups, spoons, even on our hands. So, theoretically RO can't be blamed, if someone drinks RO water and gets infected by some virus.
Old 25th June 2018, 13:21   #703
BHPian

Recently after we came back from a 3 day vacation we noticed a thick bright yellow paste where the effluent water from our Whirlpool RO exits. Our water is from our own bore-well and just sees the overhead tank before reaching the taps. TDS before filtration is about 250. The only anomaly that I can think of is that the filters are more than a year old.

Anyway since the unit is quite old, and bulky, we are thinking about a replacement. What is the most compact RO unit available now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
If you can, consider an under-the-counter unit.
I'd love to have an under counter unit. But I have a concern. Since the tank would be under the counter, and since the tap above, gravity would not be in your favour right? So does that mean that it should always be on electric power to dispense water?
Old 28th June 2018, 15:04   #704
Senior - BHPian

Need to buy a new water purifier for my home.
In my current house, I am using Pureit Marvella RO+UV for 1.5 years and it has been trouble-free though I had to change the filters twice (total cost would be 5000+)
Going through this thread, it seems all brands are almost the same - Pureit,Livpure,Kent,Aquaguard.
SO, should I just go with the one where I get a better price or is there anything I am missing?
Old 29th June 2018, 01:51   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I'd love to have an under counter unit. But I have a concern. Since the tank would be under the counter, and since the tap above, gravity would not be in your favour right? So does that mean that it should always be on electric power to dispense water?
The unit is always on, but the tank is pressurised. Drop in pressure signals the unit to start up. You still get water from the tank while pressure lasts, during, for instance, shortish power cuts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks