Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2019, 13:20   #826
BANNED

Re: Recommended water purifier?

@bluevolt; Is that RO. I doubt it since pressures required are far higher than Gravity feed can deliver.
Old 1st July 2019, 19:53   #827
Senior - BHPian

^^ Based on Eureka Forbes website, this is a cartridge filter and not Reverse Osmosis membrane type.
Old 1st July 2019, 20:15   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Grath; Glad you had a good experience. After the warranty period you are (most likely) with the local maintenance guy. Then most things become generic. Of course hopefully the newer membrane will be similar.

I plan to take AMC. I have been quoted 4300 + GST for the same per year.
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:23   #829
BANNED

@Garth; there are only two membrane manufacturers in India. I doubt whether they are importing the replacement membranes. As for filters etc our local stuff is very good.
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:42   #830
BHPian

Quote:
@Garth; there are only two membrane manufacturers in India. I doubt whether they are importing the replacement membranes. As for filters etc our local stuff is very good.
Interesting. Let me find out more about it. Anyway they are providing maintenance for the first year. The main driver for going for LG was the stainless steel tank. All others are plastic. We are trying to eliminate as much plastic as possible atleast from food/ drink perspective.
Old 15th July 2019, 13:27   #831
BHPian

How are Pureit water purifiers? Was thinking of purchasing the Pureit Advanced RO+MF currently on sale on Amazon at Rs.6700.
Old 16th July 2019, 12:04   #832
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
How are Pureit water purifiers? Was thinking of purchasing the Pureit Advanced RO+MF currently on sale on Amazon at Rs.6700.
@aditya; I will still prefer Zero B (Ion Exchange India) or Kent in that order. There were some quality issues with the latter but I expect these to have been addressed. Our son used Kent in Gurugram but was having issues after three years, he is with ZeroB since with no issues. We are thinking of moving to Gurugram in about two months time, so will have to address it.
Old 16th July 2019, 22:42   #833
BHPian

Has anyone tried PH balancing or Alkaline water purifier? Pl do share the feedback or views.

A known doctor has strongly recommended use of alkanine water for resolving digestion related issues.

We are using Eureka forbes RO; another thought is being given to this filter pitcher from Kent
:https://www.kent.co.in/water-purifie...filter-pitcher

Any advise/ comments are most welcome!

Last edited by breezydrive : 16th July 2019 at 22:43.
Old 17th July 2019, 00:43   #834
BHPian

Quote:
@aditya; I will still prefer Zero B (Ion Exchange India) or Kent in that order.
Zero B doesn't sell here and zero support too. Kent is good but I feel its overpriced. This RO will hardly be used, its bought solely for a technical requirement at a workplace.
Old 17th July 2019, 01:03   #835
BHPian

I came across this forum while was browsing through the team BHP pages. I would share my experience. Well, I have the Doctor Magna Aquaguard with HD RO plus UV aquaguard with TDS regulator. As the company sales person explained this is the best that they could offer at that time (3 years now). When they first installed the aquaguard, water kept dripping from the aquaguard tap. My wife is very strong in negotiations and finally managed to get a replacement of the entire unit. Even though the field technicians claimed that the faulty tap replacement could have done the trick. Anyway next comes to service. We did face few service personnel who had a foul intention of cheating the customer. Once we called up such a person for service and after he came serviced and went out, we received messages on our registered mobile that all the filters have been replaced successfully. I had to immediately call their customer care and complain about this. As a response, the technician called and started asking, Sir what is your problem ? I said the problem is that the filters are not changed. The person kept arguing that no Sir, that is how the process is, you will get the messages but need not worry, I will come and replace all the filters in my next visit. Still I was not convinced by just a verbal assurance. I took help from my wife again and she persuaded the technician to come back and provide it in writing on the AMC paper. Well this was after one year of free service, we opted for 2 years AMC for the price of around RS 9000/- This would include replacement of all filters including the external carbon filter twice during the service period and a replacement guarantee of the motor once. The one year AMC did not include the motor replacement clause. So, the technician provided his comments at the back of the AMC paper that the filters are to be replaced.
After around three months, when the aquaguard started malfunctioning, we raised a complaint again and the same technician arrived to service the filters. We claimed to change the filters this time. To our astonishment, the technician claimed that the filters are already changed during the last visit. We showed him the AMC paper as proof with his own handwriting. He started being very rude to us and left without servicing the machine. After sometime, he returned back and said that he had forgot about this altogether and has brought the new filters for replacement. He replaced the filters and within 2 - 3 days the aquaguard stopped working again. We raised a complaint again and mentioned that somehow we are not comfortable with the technician appearing every time, so to please someone else instead, but he also has to be knowledgeable enough to solve the issue. Another technician appeared after 2 more days and after lot of pressure from my wife, admitted that those filters fitted were old or faulty ones. We had to fight a lot with the managers of Eureka Forbes and write on their Facebook page with lowest ratings and explaining about the harassment faced by us. As a result of which finally the filters were replaced and had performed well throughout. It was recently that our AMC got over and we renewed the AMC contract again for next 2 years but the technician who comes now is much better than what has been before.

I would rather end my note here as it has been already been quite lengthy but thought of sharing with all of you here, as it might help in negotiating with the company. Thank you for reading it till the end. Appreciate your patience.
indranilmuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 07:25   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
I would rather end my note here as it has been already been quite lengthy but thought of sharing with all of you here, as it might help in negotiating with the company. Thank you for reading it till the end. Appreciate your patience.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
I feel that two years AMC at Rs. 9000 is too expensive. Maintaining these RO filters is not rocket science and you can do it yourself.

There is lots of stuff available on the web from where you can start first understanding functions of different parts of filter. Look at filter diagrams to understand how different parts are connected. Once you have basic understanding, you can replace any part of the filter at home. All parts are available on amazon and other sites at very low prices.

Before changing any part of the filter, you can mark the connections and take a picture.

You can diagnose problem in same way, mark connections, take pictures and then try to take out in & out pipe one by one and see where is the problem.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th July 2019 at 17:07. Reason: Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Old 17th July 2019, 07:38   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Has anyone tried PH balancing or Alkaline water purifier? Pl do share the feedback or views.
This can be an add-on to a RO unit, but is not an alternative to RO. This doesn't stop bacteria, virus and other micro organisms, which only RO unit is capable of doing.

Last edited by ampere : 17th July 2019 at 12:23. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 17th July 2019, 10:52   #838
Senior - BHPian

The KENT technician takes back all the old filters, even after paying through the nose for new ones. I have a nagging doubt that he could be reselling these, after cleaning. Even if I insist that he leave it behind, he said it is company policy and was adamant. I smell a rat.
Chimney issues too. Our brand new Elica motor is rattling away, and they're replacing the Motor and Board. The Auto Clean never works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
We did face few service personnel who had a foul intention of cheating the customer.
Old 17th July 2019, 11:01   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The KENT technician takes back all the old filters, even after paying through the nose for new ones. I have a nagging doubt that he could be reselling these, after cleaning. Even if I insist that he leave it behind, he said it is company policy and was adamant. I smell a rat.
Chimney issues too. Our brand new Elica motor is rattling away, and they're replacing the Motor and Board. The Auto Clean never works.
In our case he leaves them with us. Please ensure that he does not take them back with him. In case he objects, ask to see the terms and conditions as well as policy of filter replacements.

All that the technician takes back is the replaced mechanical/electrical parts never consumables.
Old 17th July 2019, 12:04   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
I feel that two years AMC at Rs. 9000 is too expensive. Maintaining these RO filters is not rocket science and you can do it yourself.
Thank you so much. Yes, that is indeed a good idea and I think I will surely give it a try. Well what drove me to take such a decision of going for AMC was the fact that they provide the set of filters twice during the period. The price of one such set is around Rs 3500/- from Eureka Forbes. I had never thought of checking these online, so that was a good suggestion and I will start looking for them. When the technician works, I have observed that the filters are kept in parallel and output of one goes as the input of the other. So, I think the connections would be pretty straight forward. Thanks again.

Last edited by ampere : 17th July 2019 at 12:23. Reason: Trimmed quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks